• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Goldmick

Insurance for my stack

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I checked with my home insurance provider and confirmed it’s covered under valuables.  They didn’t require any specific details but I have photographed everything for proof in case I ever needed to claim.

Keep receipts to all relevant addresses too - can't argue with that (if CC/Debit transaction).

They will know you have PMs but they will not know where (or in fact you didn't give them all away - let them prove that one!!)!

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Ok what home insurance provider includes gold coin.s peeps

Just about all of them, if you do a comparison site input for inurance then you get the option to add gold and silver up to 20K if I'm not mistaken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

I bet they dont all cover gold coins. I think you would have to tell them or list them. Bet the is someone that does just insurance for coins 

I asked AXA and they said they do subject to the total limit and single item limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gent’s, not to cause undue concern but one very good friend who deals with very valuable assets has noticed over 20 years that those assets that are insured more frequently seem to be stolen..... He suspects that by declaring items they become visible to insurance companies and any rogue staff.  He recommends his clients *not* to disclose addresses where the vauable items he specialises in are stored to insurance companies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dicker said:

Gent’s, not to cause undue concern but one very good friend who deals with very valuable assets has noticed over 20 years that those assets that are insured more frequently seem to be stolen..... He suspects that by declaring items they become visible to insurance companies and any rogue staff.  He recommends his clients *not* to disclose addresses where the vauable items he specialises in are stored to insurance companies. 

I kind of get where he’s coming from but how do you insure them if you don’t tell them where they’re located?  Home insurance covers items at a specific address - if they get robbed from a different address they’re not covered.

I know there is cover for valuables away from home but I still don’t think that would cover items stored at an undisclosed address.

Also, AXA never asked me to declare any items.  They’re just covered generally under ‘valuables’.

Edited by Goldhooked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I kind of get where he’s coming from but how do you insure them if you don’t tell them where they’re located?  Home insurance covers items at a specific address - if they get robbed from a different address they’re not covered.

I know there is cover for valuables away from home but I still don’t think that would cover items stored at an undisclosed address.

Also, AXA never asked me to declare any items.  They’re just covered generally under ‘valuables’.

That’s great - I keep my meagre bits in a safety deposit box in a bank and have to insure none the less. 

Sounds like Axa is pretty good!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess there must be insurances for PMs that don’t require them to be stored at specific addresses?  I just don’t think standard home insurance is suitable for someone that stores their PMs at a different address.

I know I keep going on about AXA but that’s the only insurer I’ve been with since starting to stack PM’s.  I’m due a renewal in the next couple of months and if I can find a better deal I will change.  If others are with insurers that cover PMs as standard please share the names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dicker said:

That’s great - I keep my meagre bits in a safety deposit box in a bank and have to insure none the less. 

Sounds like Axa is pretty good!

 

I thought storing in the banks safety deposit box was a no go due to if it's in there possession it's there's. Just like the fiat in a  bank account..

Aren't banks in general also removing there safely deposit box facilities..in the UK.

Edited by Groundup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Groundup said:

I thought storing in the banks safety deposit box was a no go due to if it's in there possession it's there's. Just like the fiat in a  bank account..

It does add risks that are not present if you hold your own stuff.  Such as if bank closes down or if government confiscate PM's.  If you hold your own, they can be hidden anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a very good chat with axa. Yes they sound very good they dont ask you to list your coins and do 3 different policies with different cover on coins or valuable.s you can even phone the no i put on here to talk or take out cover or do it online that they say is easy lol. They say there easy to deal with i khow they would say that but the lady i spoke with was very helpful i would say i was very happy with what they said and would and will get cover with them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now