• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Most expensive silver purchase and why medal collectors don’t trust silver stackers...

Auricsstash

Very nice! Yea they can get quite expensive especially when it comes to gallantry awards!

Sorry I should of been a bit more clearer lol, the medal to the left of the MBE is the Operational Service Medal with clasp Afghanistan which I was awarded.

Thanks mate ? Yea I don’t blame yah, it is stupidly expensive, I always wanted a MM group in my collection but never got round to getting one, so congrats on yours! Really nice set! Do you have the rest of his medals? 

On 10/08/2018 at 00:20, Goldhooked said:

Is yours hallmarked?  Ive seen identical ones, none of them are hallmarked, none of them say they’re silver and one specifically says it’s not silver.  Maybe there are two different versions?

*edit - I found there are 2 versions, a sterling silver and a base metal.

How much does yours weigh?

Hi Goldhooked, It weighs 38.8 grams without the ribbon and badge pin.

Hallmarks are very clear, stamped for London 1941. 

20180814_011923.jpg

20180814_011905.jpg

Superb topic, dont know how I missed this, I used to have quite a few WW2 era medals of all nationalities, but I sold that area of my collecting to fund my wedding decades ago, wish I hadnt now, I research and write about WW2 weapons and everything connected to it, I have my own private museum thats about busting at the seams now.

Archived