• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Piedfort

Sherabnamdhak

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

Probably buy it in 6 months from Forum members or of eBay from flippers at a discount. 

I think the flippers have mainly skipped this one and I imagine most forum members who have bought them are for their long-term collections :)

15 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

That’s just your FOMO speaking ?

Lol, I ordered in advance so no worries there, and while I've seen flippers pulling out I'm happy enough with this coin's future. More experienced folk than I have skipped this one as well because there is more potential/proven profit elsewhere (e.g. QBs) but for me this is the perfect match for the Proof 2018 and Sapphire Coronation SotD, I couldn't not have it in my collection! :)

It may well be an indulgence though, and dip in prices before it recovers, or not recover, or not dip much because those who buy don't want to sell. Who knows?!!

My problem is not so much FOMO but FOTM in silver - you should see the mad collection of random coins I bought last year because 'the crowd' bought them! Korea should be minting me a Year of the Sheep commemorative! :wacko:

11 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Haha true @kimchi. One can’t tell what the future holds for this coin, but you are right that it would make a nice companion piece to the other Sapphire Sovereigns. 

So you don't want to see my silver 'FOTM collection of shame'?

No, nor do I :(

10 hours ago, Sherabnamdhak said:

Should I buy the New 2018 Piedfort? Is this a stupid question. Is it special enough. Is it worth it. So many questions. Thoughts appreciated. 

If you can't answer your own question then the answer has to be no.;)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

The out lay of £815 for 1 coin off puts a lot of people. How much is a proof sov from the RM £440? And they're equalivant to two so some saving from the mint. 

So you are better off with one of these? Low mintage, unless you're grading them to get a 70, I don't think you can flip these for a profit at the moment.

These are 100% for the long term collectors. 

Yep, 2017 I bought from mint at 800 slabbed it and got a 69.Then bought a 70 on here for 950. 

What will the FIRST piedfort sovereign be worth in 50 years time? I'd say a little more then RM asking price ?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

What will the FIRST piedfort sovereign be worth in 50 years time? I'd say a little more then RM asking price ?

About £500 000, give or take, is my estimation - basically the equivalent of 1000 loaves of bread :)

43 minutes ago, kimchi said:

About £500 000, give or take, is my estimation - basically the equivalent of 1000 loaves of bread :)

I'd rather the coin than 1000 loaves of bread......

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'd rather the coin than 1000 loaves of bread......

Sorry I didn't spot your smiley - those new (non-forum) ones are black and white and tiny on PC so hard to read.

Yes I think the first ever (minted) Piedfort should do well :)

26 minutes ago, Sherabnamdhak said:

What about a George IV 1821 PCGS AU 58 at £2000. Probably get it for less. Now that’s interesting but it’s only a Sovereign 

If you're continually thinking in terms of weight of gold, stick to bullion.;):D

The one you mention is a bit rich IMO (fully priced dealer territory) but these have risen a lot recently.

I have a spread of both but the one I mention above in UNC in Spink is in excess of 3K and in EF at £1750. This one I think sits about £2400/£2500 probable purchase is £1875 as I have received discounted prices in the past being a regular customer. So my idea is Numismatic/ collectible and bullion stack. This has been formulated by listening and watching Silver forum members. I know there is No definitive answer to this but in my case I don’t have a thirty year plan. It is more an asset diversification plan. I love big words. Ha ha. 

10 minutes ago, Sherabnamdhak said:

I have a spread of both but the one I mention above in UNC in Spink is in excess of 3K and in EF at £1750. This one I think sits about £2400/£2500 probable purchase is £1875 as I have received discounted prices in the past being a regular customer. So my idea is Numismatic/ collectible and bullion stack. This has been formulated by listening and watching Silver forum members. I know there is No definitive answer to this but in my case I don’t have a thirty year plan. It is more an asset diversification plan. I love big words. Ha ha. 

AU58 is just about EF but many traditional dealers would expect a bit more for that grade.

Archived