• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

first time gold purchase, £8000 budget, what to buy.

Nick1368

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Nick1368 said:

so I bought some gold coins today.

here is what I bought :

1 oz Queen's beast Bull x 1

1 oz Queen's beast unicorn x 1

1 oz 2018 Britannia X 1 

sovereign x 3

A nice mix, can't go wrong with any of those.

Only problem you will now be compelled to complete that queens beast set

2 hours ago, mr-dead said:

A nice mix, can't go wrong with any of those.

Only problem you will now be compelled to complete that queens beast set

Thanks

I know ? can’t wait to buy them all ?

3 hours ago, RisinSun said:

Hey Nick, there are better and cheaper dealers than ATS. Post brexit they mugged me 3% of gold spot :(

Try Atkinsons Bullion and Goldsilver.be. They are my two go to dealers.

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll bare that in mind for my next purchase.

1 hour ago, Pritchard said:

actually.... @Nick, so now that you have brits and sovs, whats your fav? the pure gold Brit really is something, isnt it?

omg Britannias and Queen's Beasts are soooo beautiful, you get hypnotised just by looking at them, i'm definitely a big fan of them.

but the sovereigns on the other hand have the history behind them which makes them interesting in a diffrent way, last night I was looking at my sovereign jubilee head from 1887 and wondering where this coin has been all this time and who handled it.

I can't believe how addicted I am already t gold coins lol

4 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

You might want to consider throwing a couple of oriental border brits into the mix.

could you tell me a little bit about them please?

what is the diffrence between oriental border and normal Britannia apart from the look? 

29 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

could you tell me a little bit about them please?

what is the diffrence between oriental border and normal Britannia apart from the look? 

The 2018 Britannia with Oriental Border 1oz Gold coin has a limited mintage of 5000 coins whereas the 2018 1oz Gold Britannia is minted in accordance to demand.

Both are CGT free, both 24K Gold.  The Oriental Border has a design reminiscent of the old Trade Dollar, and currently commands a slight premium, but might go on to do well in the future, but who knows.  

I like the design of the Oriental Border. 

@Nick1368 I think you made a shrewd gamble on the two 1oz Gold QB’s, they have a chance of attracting heavy premiums like their predecessors.  Good luck with them. 

On 05/08/2018 at 11:48, AuricGoldfinger said:

HI @MHoppy where did you get your lion and griffin from and what did you pay if you dont mind me asking? Im getting into the QB series and will inevitably have to pick up the lion and griffin, and then can take advantage of the low premiums on the future new releases. Thanks!

So I’m not the only one who’s tempted to do this.

I was thinking of doing exactly the same, now that I have the unicorn and the bull I’m really tempted to get the 3 others( Dragon, griffin and lion) and then the new ones will be much chaper.

What do you think ?

On 04/08/2018 at 09:30, MHoppy said:

In the same position myself. As a new stacker, I've decided to work backwards to 2013 on the 1oz Brits (ignoring privy's) and forward on the qb's. And yes I've just swallowed the premium on the lion and Griffin but hayho. 

So I’m not the only one who’s tempted to do this.

I was thinking of doing exactly the same, now that I have the unicorn and the bull I’m really tempted to get the 3 others( Dragon, griffin and lion) and then the new ones will be much chaper.

What do you think ?

@Nick1368 i think go for it. Im going to get the lion, griffin and dragon 1st purely because the premiums will only go up and the unicorn and bull are still available at a decent price. Then once im up to date with all 5 picking them up at a good price on release will be easy enough. If your serious about collecting the full series i have to give a mention to @Alun who makes excellent quality collection boxes. I also have a sovereign box made by him - its a good motivator when you see your gold all layed out and i have ordered a Queens beast box from him. The workmanship is 1st class

34 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

@Nick1368 i think go for it. Im going to get the lion, griffin and dragon 1st purely because the premiums will only go up and the unicorn and bull are still available at a decent price. Then once im up to date with all 5 picking them up at a good price on release will be easy enough. If your serious about collecting the full series i have to give a mention to @Alun who makes excellent quality collection boxes. I also have a sovereign box made by him - its a good motivator when you see your gold all layed out and i have ordered a Queens beast box from him. The workmanship is 1st class

Thanks for your opinion, really appreciate it.

and yes I’ll sure need a box for my queen’s beast collection once I get the three other coins , are there any pictures of Alun’s  boxes here I can see ?

Archived