• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Certificate error

Xander

21 minutes ago, matrawr said:

In future could the certificate error be what increases the price a potential seller would be willing to pay?

Not sure about that although it would be nice, I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience with another coin.

Just now, Bullionaire said:

Do you know what the error Is? 

They haven't said what it is, they want me to send it back and then it will be replaced...it would be nice to know in advance.

1 minute ago, Xander said:

They haven't said what it is, they want me to send it back and then it will be replaced...it would be nice to know in advance.

Can you find it just by looking at the cert yourself? 

I'm just curious as to what it is.

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

Can you post a picture of your certificate?

i thought you said you lost the original certificate.

On their website they say it is a 750 mint coin - they sold well, they spotted they could bang out another 100 so they want your certificate back. They must supply the 750 or that is a trades description matter.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/prince-george-fifth-birthday/prince-george-birthday-celebration-sovereign/

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

29 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Can you find it just by looking at the cert yourself? 

I'm just curious as to what it is.

Check the pictures out, it looks like the mintage numbers don't match.

16 minutes ago, Xander said:

Now that you mention it, here is one of the inside, it looks like the numbers don't match.

20180730_222038[1].jpg

Mr Elliott will not be amused...

last year he had to sign all 1817 Pistrucci SotD certificates again because they put "proof" instead of "brilliant uncirculated" on them. 

This year they put the mintage of the Saphire SotD instead of the 750. Teaches you: always read the small print!

edit: before you sign

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

i thought you said you lost the original certificate.

On their website they say it is a 750 mint coin - they sold well, they spotted they could bang out another 100 so they want your certificate back. They must supply the 750 or that is a trades description matter.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/prince-george-fifth-birthday/prince-george-birthday-celebration-sovereign/

Do you think I should hold on to it?

How can you? You lost the certificate didn't you?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 minutes ago, augur said:

last year he had to sign all 1817 Pistrucci SotD certificates again because they put "proof" instead of "brilliant uncirculated" on them. 

This year they put the mintage of the Saphire SotD instead of the 750. Teaches you: always read the small print!

Maybe they are being overworked. Embarrassing for them.

Added 0 minutes later...
2 minutes ago, sixgun said:

How can you? You lost the certificate didn't you?

How did you know?

6 minutes ago, augur said:

And always check what you're signing! 

4 hours ago, matrawr said:

In future could the certificate error be what increases the price a potential seller would be willing to pay?

I don't think so, it's just a curiosity - an added piece of history around the coin. It's very slight - not comparable to last year's SotD where the cert said Proof and the grading companies graded them as that. No real extra value but adds to the 'story' slightly.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 14:32, Xander said:

Do you think I should hold on to it?

I would hang on to it as I've just checked the RM website and the Prince George SOTD is now sold out it appears. Hopefully they will come out with another SOTD later in the year.

Archived