• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

India. Great people, great culture and some stunning scenery. Its one of those places that just magical. I especially like the southern areas (Kerala) as well as Mumbai for that bit of crazy. The fact that they are obsessed with gold underpins my choice.

I was mates with indian looking lad (well it was funny because he had a really strong Liverpool accent) at our local corner shop decades ago (no longer there sadly) , he was born in the UK and his family were Hindus I think,  but he had never been to India, he decided he would go for the first time ever to visit some relatives over there when his mum and dad decided to visit and he was quite excited he told me before he went, a few weeks later when he got back I asked him what it was like and if he enjoyed it, he said they went to some aunts house where the floor was no different to the road outside, his mother translated for him as he spoke no indian, and was asked if he wanted something to eat as they were about to eat dinner, he asked what the black stuff was in a saucepan, and a relative tapped it and loads of flys came out and it was a brown curry, he declined he said and not long after putting the food out this huge painted bull just strode into the house off of the street,  its massive nuts swaying and knocking ornaments off of the sideboard and breaking them, and then bashing off of the head of one of the his young cousins nearly knocking him out, it then went up to his aunt, licked the back of her neck, ate her curry and another family members, did a massive dump in the corner of the room and left, he then said that his relatives started to celebrate because they thought they had been blessed and started to scrape up the cowpat and put it in some old containers, he said he wasn't going back to that sh@thole again, not even for a family funeral or wedding.

Edited by SILVERFINGER

Up to now I would have to say Italy. I made my first visit in 2008 and it felt like I had come home. I felt like it was where I belonged. I distinctly remember having that someone just walked over my grave feeling, goosebumps and chills down the spine, I was a bit freaked out until it hit me, this feels like home, and then I smiled and went about having a good time exploring. I've since been back five times. Looking at seeing Florence at the end of the year. I should mention that my great grandfather was an Italian.

Thailand. Although rather corrupt and the King is like a god to most of them, the country is amazing and the people are usually very friendly, happy (even the poor) and chatty. Plus the weather. It used to be a lot cheaper for a westerner but it’s still cheap than the UK to live on a wesernaer salary that is. 

4 hours ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I was mates with indian looking lad (well it was funny because he had a really strong Liverpool accent) at our local corner shop decades ago (no longer there sadly) , he was born in the UK and his family were Hindus I think,  but he had never been to India, he decided he would go for the first time ever to visit some relatives over there when his mum and dad decided to visit and he was quite excited he told me before he went, a few weeks later when he got back I asked him what it was like and if he enjoyed it, he said they went to some aunts house where the floor was no different to the road outside, his mother translated for him as he spoke no indian, and was asked if he wanted something to eat as they were about to eat dinner, he asked what the black stuff was in a saucepan, and a relative tapped it and loads of flys came out and it was a brown curry, he declined he said and not long after putting the food out this huge painted bull just strode into the house off of the street,  its massive nuts swaying and knocking ornaments off of the sideboard and breaking them, and then bashing off of the head of one of the his young cousins nearly knocking him out, it then went up to his aunt, licked the back of her neck, ate her curry and another family members, did a massive dump in the corner of the room and left, he then said that his relatives started to celebrate because they thought they had been blessed and started to scrape up the cowpat and put it in some old containers, he said he wasn't going back to that sh@thole again, not even for a family funeral or wedding.

Luxury! :o

17 hours ago, Bullionaire said:

Big fan of Poland. Beautiful women, cheap food and booze. What more could you want? 

Where’ve you been in Poland? I went to Krakow twice last year - amazing! This year went to Wroclaw which was good but not as good as Krakow. Gdansk is next.

Like you say, fit women and cheap F&B

15 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Thailand. Although rather corrupt and the King is like a god to most of them, the country is amazing and the people are usually very friendly, happy (even the poor) and chatty. Plus the weather. It used to be a lot cheaper for a westerner but it’s still cheap than the UK to live on a wesernaer salary that is. 

Places in particular that you like in Thailand? Cheers

5 hours ago, Oystonout said:

Places in particular that you like in Thailand? Cheers

Bangkok - Shopping and nightlife

Pattaya - Nightlife and beach but it’s the Blackpool of Thailand

Phuket - Amazing beaches and day trips to other Islands possible from there. Still has nightlife. 

Chang Mai - The Manchester of thailand. Cooler in the North and has a big university and young population great tourist attractions and amazing restaurants. 

Never been anywhere bad in Thailand but a tour around the various places is a good idea. Internal flights £80 approx per person. I’d avoid coaches. Taxis are cheap too.

Taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya is cheaper.

6 hours ago, Oystonout said:

Where’ve you been in Poland? I went to Krakow twice last year - amazing! This year went to Wroclaw which was good but not as good as Krakow. Gdansk is next.

Like you say, fit women and cheap F&B

Just Warsaw and chełm (for a wedding) for me. I would like to go to Krakow and gdansk though. 

Polish weddings are fun. A bottle of vodka per person (plus some stronger moonshine vodka if the normal stuffs not doing the trick) and about 10 courses of food.

Agree with Thailand, absolutely beautiful place! Went there a couple of years ago, Bangkok first then onto krabi, it was so cheap we literally went on an excursion each day, some of the best scenery I have ever seen but for me it would have to be the USA, I love it there, everything just seems to be bigger and better lol, my next trip over there I want to go to Las Vegas, hire out a corvette and drive to the Grand Canyon etc, then get a flight to San Francisco and drive down the west coast to LA stopping off at different spots

If you go to Thailand DO NOT ever use a local jungle medicine called Stay Hard สนุกยาวนาน, a mate of my mate went over there after splitting with his long time girlfriend and someone offered him this local remedy when he was visiting ladies of the night, he used the stuff and it worked really well, he had a hard on like a babys arm holding an apple apparently, and was slapping this cream on like every hour (despite being told once a day only), when his holiday ended he still had a hard on and it wouldnt go down, and worryingly his little man started to look like a weightlifters neck when lifting 500lb, so he went to the doc's and the doc sent him for ultrasound that day, and they told him he should go and enjoy himself because when it finally goes down he wont ever get a hard on again because all the blood vessels had been destroyed, true story that, poor bloke became a Labour supporter after that.

Edited by SILVERFINGER

Japan and Taiwan for me. The people in both these places are really polite and helpful. In Taiwan I got chased by some stray dogs and cut my leg open as I was trying to get away. I got the train back to my hotel, stopping at a chemist to get some big bandages. On the way lots of locals stopped to ask if I was ok. When I got back to the hotel the cleaner was still in my room, she saw my leg and radioed down to reception. The receptionist turned up a short while later with a big 1st aid box, took one look at my leg and said that I needed to go to hospital. She phoned up a local hospital and got me an appointment for a couple of hours later as they shut for 2 hours around midday. I walk to the hospital that was only 4 doors down from the hotel and was situated in what looked like a shop. I explained to the receptionist what had happened and the doctor called me through 5 mins later. He cleaned out the wound, gave me 3 stitches and a course of antibiotics. I was worrying about the cost so I had taken all my money and cards with me and my insurance details. But it came as a shock when I got the bill and it was only £11. In and out within half an hour and only £11! Although there was a slight language barrier at times everyone went out of their way to help.