• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Airsoft/air pistols

Hi, where are we with airsoft and air pistol sales on the forum? Its not allowed on facebook but its not illegal to own etc, just i have a real nice glock 17 airsoft pistol with case id like to sell, fully trademarked with glock markings made in austria etc, and freeads is full of wierdos and theres no other platform for it really, just worth a try here, cheers.

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

Legally you can only sell an airsoft gun, that looks real (a RIF) i.e not brightly coloured, if the buyer can prove they have a defence to the relevant section of the VCRA (Violent Crimes Reduction Act).  The defence could be proof that they have UKARA membership or if they play regularly at an airsoft site, the owner of the site might be happy to confirm to you they are a regular airsoft player (get it in an email).

This is to protect YOU as the seller.  If you sold to someone who ultimately did something naughty with it, you could end up in court and would have to prove you checked they had a valid defence.

You could try selling it on prefired.com or usedairsoft.co.uk but still make sure you get the buyers details of their defence for your own protection.

What make pistol is it (possibly WE or TM if it has trademarks)?  It’s unlikely it’s actually made in Austria.

6 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Legally you can only sell an airsoft gun, that looks real (a RIF) i.e not brightly coloured, if the buyer can prove they have a defence to the relevant section of the VCRA (Violent Crimes Reduction Act).  The defence could be proof that they have UKARA membership or if they play regularly at an airsoft site, the owner of the site might be happy to confirm to you they are a regular airsoft player (get it in an email).

This is to protect YOU as the seller.  If you sold to someone who ultimately did something naughty with it, you could end up in court and would have to prove you checked they had a valid defence.

You could try selling it on prefired.com or usedairsoft.co.uk but still make sure you get the buyers details of their defence for your own protection.

What make pistol is it?  It’s unlikely it’s actually made in Austria.

No it wasnt made in austria, its a kjworks with guarder parts to replicate the glock 17

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

2 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

No it wasnt made in austria, its a kjworks with guarder parts to replicate the glock 17

Nice.  I had a KJ Works P226 a while ago and was a pretty nice solid gun.

Sorry I realise what you meant by "made in Austria" now :D

I bought a cheap air pistol a few years ago that ended up being scrapped as total cra*p.
At the time I understood such "toys" could not be coloured black as they were too close to looking like the real thing.
I ended up purchasing a new rifle.

Maybe add a picture here for general info and indicate a guide price.
What condition ?
Good working or tending to jam up ?
Ammo easily avail ?

2 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

Nice.  I had a KJ Works P226 a while ago and was a pretty nice solid gun.

Sorry I realise what you meant by "made in Austria" now :D

Big fan of sig sauer!

The hunt is on!

Just now, Pete said:

I bought a cheap air pistol a few years ago that ended up being scrapped as total bad.
At the time I understood such "toys" could not be coloured black as they were too close to looking like the real thing.

What condition ?
Ammo easily avail ?

Works perfect never skirmished, bought it as a desk piece or to put in a 3d frame, alot cheaper than a deactivated glock and looks the part, but bills before toys, will upload some pics but wanted to ask first

The hunt is on!

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

I bought a cheap air pistol a few years ago that ended up being scrapped as total cra*p.

What condition ?
Ammo easily avail ?

They’re allowed to be black and are classed as RIFs (realistic imitation firearms).  It’s not illegal to own them but selling of them is controlled as per my post above.

KJ Works is a decent make.  Far better than the cheap guns you used to be able to buy in the corner shop which it sounds like the one you had.

7 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

They’re allowed to be black and are classed as RIFs (realistic imitation firearms).  It’s not illegal to own them but selling of them is controlled as per my post above.

That's great info, but in a country where a guy was shot dead for carrying a replacement table leg in a plastic bag home from the pub I'd suggest things are seriously wrong here, and if they want to they will shoot you lifeless, and then maybe say 'sorry' afterwards :(

15 minutes ago, kimchi said:

That's great info, but in a country where a guy was shot dead for carrying a replacement table leg in a plastic bag home from the pub I'd suggest things are seriously wrong here, and if they want to they will shoot you lifeless, and then maybe say 'sorry' afterwards :(

There’s a whole sport called Airsoft that thousands of people partake in every weekend. That’s why I own my RIFs.  If someone is stupid enough to carry one in the street for no good reason then that’s their problem.  There are thousands of responsible owners that shouldn’t be penalised for the actions of a few but probably will be eventually.

Lots of policeman own RIFs and play airsoft too!

15 minutes ago, MickD said:

Okay, sorry, daft laddie question - what is Airsoft?  Assuming it's similar to paintball?

Yes very similar to paintball.  Main differences are the weapons are replicas of real world guns and fire 6mm plastic pellets.

Just now, MickD said:

How do you know when you've hit someone (assuming they feel it)?  Is it linked to re-enactments?

It usually hurts like hell, especially if it hits bare skin :D  There is a lot more trust involved and there is cheating (there is cheating in paintball too).

There are some re-enactment type airsoft games but mainstream airsoft is more like paintball - turn up, join a team, run round reliving your childhood playing soldiers in the woods :)

Sounds good to me (I'd have to do it on the QT though, Girlfriend wouldn't approve, wasn't impressed when I mentioned joining the reserves (a long time ago now).  Doesn't really get military stuff, or PMs, but she's slowly getting into Beatrix Potter 50 pences.  Maybe one day, I'll get her on a rifle range.

Well may aswell show some pics, upgraded externals, no kj branding, some upgraded internals too, inner barrel view to show it is airsoft and not a real firearm as this has no external indication of being airsoft

Edit: weird how the engravings look white, theyre black, must be flash of camera 

20180720_215314.jpg

20180720_215325.jpg

20180720_215337.jpg

20180720_215346.jpg

20180720_215403.jpg

The hunt is on!

• 1 month later...

i know no comment has been made in a while but was browsing through, nice Glock as interesting question because I too have some RIF's that I want to get rid of lol. Not been airsofting in a while but some of mine I plan on keeping as I know I will get back in to it. Im more of a SIG man myself.  :)

Archived