• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying gold and silver in Costa Rica

Deputydog

I am going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks with a 5 hour stop in New York airport. Does anybody know any good coin shops in both places. I am also wondering by the time I pay postage to UK if it worth buying any as it could be cheaper buying from Europe. 

Thanks

Deputydog

23 hours ago, Deputydog said:

I am going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks with a 5 hour stop in New York airport. Does anybody know any good coin shops in both places. I am also wondering by the time I pay postage to UK if it worth buying any as it could be cheaper buying from Europe. 

Thanks

Deputydog

I’m going to Costa Rica in Jan.  Will you be spending time in San Jose?  There is a gold museum in the city.

I haven't looked for gold shops but yet but I am going to go on a couple of gold panning tours near the Corcovado National Park.  I’m planning on buying gold nuggets directly from locals running the tours. 

• 1 year later...
On 19/07/2018 at 17:42, RichmondStacker said:

I’m going to Costa Rica in Jan.  Will you be spending time in San Jose?  There is a gold museum in the city.

I haven't looked for gold shops but yet but I am going to go on a couple of gold panning tours near the Corcovado National Park.  I’m planning on buying gold nuggets directly from locals running the tours. 

Hi i will be in CR soon, did u manage to find any gold or silver? 

4 hours ago, silvernewbie said:

Hi i will be in CR soon, did u manage to find any gold or silver? 

Yes, I pulled it out of the ground myself.  I went gold mining with some local miners.

What parts are you going to?  In San Jose there is a gold and coin museum at the central bank. I went gold mining in Puerto Jimenez, in the River Tigre. 

If you drink coffee I would stock up as much as you can.  If you find Don Ramon I would pay you to bring some back for me, i’ve never tasted coffee like it. 

2 hours ago, RichmondStacker said:

Yes, I pulled it out of the ground myself.  I went gold mining with some local miners.

What parts are you going to?  In San Jose there is a gold and coin museum at the central bank. I went gold mining in Puerto Jimenez, in the River Tigre. 

If you drink coffee I would stock up as much as you can.  If you find Don Ramon I would pay you to bring some back for me, i’ve never tasted coffee like it. 

Where you allowed to keep it?! Was there any for sale anywhere?

not finalised the schedule but from SJ going to Nicoyo area (montzuma) then up to Guancaste to dive and Arenal/Monteverde day trips. I did consider PJ and the national park but unsure if its worth it.  

If the coffee is that good i will bring some back for myself also!  Happy to post it to you

46 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Where you allowed to keep it?! Was there any for sale anywhere?

not finalised the schedule but from SJ going to Nicoyo area (montzuma) then up to Guancaste to dive and Arenal/Monteverde day trips. I did consider PJ and the national park but unsure if its worth it.  

If the coffee is that good i will bring some back for myself also!  Happy to post it to you

I didn’t notice any coin shops about. 

Mining is banned in Costa Rica but small scale is allowed for the locals in the more rural areas. They run tours and you can keep the gold.  Corcovado was amazing, but to get to PJ area it’s either a long bus journey or a 45 min flight in a single engine plane. 

Arenal was really nice, lots of hot springs.  In the small towns, rural areas dogs just roam free.  They will be lying in the roads but are safe and move out of the way.  It’s a strange feeling as a dog owner but then I was seeing it in a western perspective. If you want any tips I can drop you a PM. 

Archived