• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Premiums Seasonal?

Investack

Great discussion from the last post with a mild debate erupting on technical vs fundamental analysis.  Personally, I believe both are legitimate and required as I like to acquire as much information as possible with the goal of putting investment odds in my favor.   Got curious as to whether there’s been any seasonality to bullion premiums vs silver spot prices. To model this, I took 1 oz American Eagles minus silver spot (in dollars) and looked at it through the lens below.  To help explain, vertically you have years and horizontally you have months.   This analysis goes back nearly 15 years and each cell shows the % change in the premium vs the previous month.   How to interpret?  Over the last ~15 years, in the month of February, premiums have shrunk 11 of the 15 observations.   Conversely, in March, premiums on ASE’s have expanded in 11 of the 15 observations.   You get the idea.  

My question:  Do you see seasonality here?  Momentum?  Mean reversion?  Would love to hear your views.  

10113DEC-1669-4FF2-ACFF-BAAFC46253F0.thumb.png.6cda3889081bd7c5f054bc7bc1269d65.png

I'm really new to the whole silver thing but this is an interesting topic.

Could the drop around february be because it's the end of the Christman / New Year period and the beginning of the asian lunar festivals and holidays?

I have no idea if this sounds stupid or not but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Archived