• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**July/August 2018** Group order from The European Mint

My parcels arrived! Lots of wonderful shiny stuff! Perfect all round! Many thanks to you (and Mrs. BYB) for all your efforts in putting together and completing this group order - much appreciated by all I'm sure!

Oh P.S - Love my BYB hand-poured bar!!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StackerNoob said:

Checked with our postroom just now...nothing :'-(.

"The sun'll come out, tomorrow! Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun..."

You did not select special delivery, so probably tomorrow. That is the Royal Mail giving you a big middle finger if ever I saw one!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

29 minutes ago, Phil100 said:

My parcels arrived! Lots of wonderful shiny stuff! Perfect all round! Many thanks to you (and Mrs. BYB) for all your efforts in putting together and completing this group order - much appreciated by all I'm sure!

Oh P.S - Love my BYB hand-poured bar!!

Thanks my friend, glad to hear it is all there safe and sound! Thanks for the feedback

Mrs BYB reads all of these comments by the way - she is very proud of her packaging so guys give her as much credit as possible!

Now you mention it, I must say that the first thing that impressed my was how well it was packaged (not pulling your leg). The box was pristine, the tape was wrapped with a neatness that showed me that there was careful attention involved. Then when I opened the box, I saw all these styrofoam widgets everywhere just inviting me to dive my hands right in, which I duly did like a kid at Christmas. Upon diving in I came across some bubble wrap, which was the "ahah" moment. I picked that out then unfurled it to reveal my secret treasure! Lovely experience. Oh, and there was the invoice neatly folded at the bottom of the box too. It all felt very luxurious.

So thank you Mrs. BYB for making the experience all the more pleasurable. I searched the emojis and there isn't a 'tip my hat' one on the list, but let me tip my hat to you anyway :tips hat:

3 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Now you mention it, I must say that the first thing that impressed my was how well it was packaged (not pulling your leg). The box was pristine, the tape was wrapped with a neatness that showed me that there was careful attention involved. Then when I opened the box, I saw all these styrofoam widgets everywhere just inviting me to dive my hands right in, which I duly did like a kid at Christmas. Upon diving in I came across some bubble wrap, which was the "ahah" moment. I picked that out then unfurled it to reveal my secret treasure! Lovely experience. Oh, and there was the invoice neatly folded at the bottom of the box too. It all felt very luxurious.

So thank you Mrs. BYB for making the experience all the more pleasurable. I searched the emojis and there isn't a 'tip my hat' one on the list, but let me tip my hat to you anyway :tips hat:

Seconded!

9 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

The box was pristine, the tape was wrapped with a neatness that showed me that there was careful attention involved. Then when I opened the box, I saw all these styrofoam widgets everywhere just inviting me to dive my hands right in, which I duly did like a kid at Christmas. Upon diving in I came across some bubble wrap, which was the "ahah" moment. I picked that out then unfurled it to reveal my secret treasure! Lovely experience. Oh, and there was the invoice neatly folded at the bottom of the box too. It all felt very luxurious.

Reads like an excerpt from Lady Chatterley's Silver :P

27 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Mrs BYB reads all of these comments by the way

:o

:ph34r:

Got my giant package at work this morning and had to wait till just now to open it. 

Excellently packaged and the coins are all flawless. Can't find a single ding or mark on them. There wasn't anything moving around inside the monster box either with that bubble wrap etc inside. Thank you very much BYB and Mrs BYB. Hope you enjoy your break before the next one! 

Those 10oz beasts though... Wowzer. They're so heavy. Just a slight shame I haven't got the lion to start the collection off.

I'll stick some pics on the "today I recieved" thread.

So missed out on this group order I'm very jealous of everyone having parcels. Knowing my luck for the next group order which I believe is in a while silver will be £30 per oz 😂.

Enjoy everyone and well done BYB and Mrs BYB!

I got home this evening and what do I find waiting for me a familiar looking BYB package. After fighting with the packaging (awesome job there Mrs BYB) I smile with glee at my shiny shiny and 100g forum bar. Got too love these group orders :) .

Cheers BYB.

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

Mine arrived today, with one very dinged up corner, but the content is fine. 10oz Beasts are heavy! 🙂 And you are right, the capsule makes it feel like a drinks coaster!
It's not great that they don't seem to be doing the falcon in a 10oz though! 😞 

Also, slightly miffed that the 1/10th gold Brit I bought has a slight ding on the edge, but then, it's in an original RM blisterpack, not a capsule, and it's only bullion, so not really a big deal. 

Thank you so much for coordinating and distributing @BackyardBullion 🙂

BTW, if any of the monster boxes from the order are going spare and need a home, I could use something to keep my growing coin stack in! 🙂

A busy day meant I didn't really have a chance to check the shiny goodies until late last night and what a moment that was. The 10oz coins are even more impressive than I thought they would be - the size does so many favours for all of the detail in those coins. I'm also in love with my 100g Silver Forum bar - feels just as great in hand as I thought it might. As others have posted the packing was exceptional - the effort to ensure coins were all bubble wrap and loose ones weren't rubbing against each other is very much appreciated. I appreciate all the effort that went in to this! It has been a fun thing to participate in

8 hours ago, NikolaAnne said:

Mine arrived today, with one very dinged up corner, but the content is fine. 10oz Beasts are heavy! 🙂 And you are right, the capsule makes it feel like a drinks coaster!
It's not great that they don't seem to be doing the falcon in a 10oz though! 😞 

Also, slightly miffed that the 1/10th gold Brit I bought has a slight ding on the edge, but then, it's in an original RM blisterpack, not a capsule, and it's only bullion, so not really a big deal. 

Thank you so much for coordinating and distributing @BackyardBullion 🙂

BTW, if any of the monster boxes from the order are going spare and need a home, I could use something to keep my growing coin stack in! 🙂

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry that the Royal Mail seems to be a little clumsy with this order, two people have mentioned dents in boxes. This is why we package so thoroughly though so glad all was OK. Strange that the 1/10th brit had a ding on the edge when still in the blisterpack!

As to the monster boxes, sorry they are put to good use within the BYB household - it is one of the perks to doing these orders!

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

A busy day meant I didn't really have a chance to check the shiny goodies until late last night and what a moment that was. The 10oz coins are even more impressive than I thought they would be - the size does so many favours for all of the detail in those coins. I'm also in love with my 100g Silver Forum bar - feels just as great in hand as I thought it might. As others have posted the packing was exceptional - the effort to ensure coins were all bubble wrap and loose ones weren't rubbing against each other is very much appreciated. I appreciate all the effort that went in to this! It has been a fun thing to participate in

Our pleasure for helping, thanks for the feedback on the 100g bar too!

Just now, Auricsstash said:

Just received mine and I have one major gripe.. I should have ordered a lot more 😂 @BackyardBullion awesome packing job A++++ many many thanks

You had me worried for a moment!

Picked mine up from the Post Office this morning, all good, as mentioned packaging was top notch.

As well as coins I also picked up a 100g Silver forum bar and an engraved piece from BYB which looks stunning! I am sure the missus will love it.

So again thanks for your efforts Mr & Mrs BYB

DK

Archived