• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**July/August 2018** Group order from The European Mint

The next group order is here....almost anyway!

Welcome to the JULY/AUGUST 2018 Group Order, this time from https://www.europeanmint.com/

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT and JOINING THIS ORDER.

Also, if you are interested in joining this order please "follow" this thread so as and when I have updates I can more easily share them. 

Dates for this Group Order

This group order comes at an incredibly busy time for me and Mrs BYB. We are busy people with our day jobs as well as me running Backyard Bullion Hand poured silver & my YouTube channel. So, we have looked very carefully at our calendars and have settled on the following dates. These dates WILL NOT be changed/extended and are fixed. I do however reserve the right to extend/end the order should an extenuating circumstance arrive - but this is unlikely to happen. 

So, the first weekend of orders will be 21st & 22nd JULY - NOT THIS WEEKEND - I wanted to get this notice up to give you all as much notice as possible to get your shopping lists together. 

The order will run for 5 weekends (orders only over a weekend please) and will close on Sunday 19th August 2018 @ 6pm UK time. You will have to get your payments to me by then. 

We hope then to get you silver delivered to you in the week commencing 3rd September 2018. 

We know this is a long time to wait from ordering in the first weekend - but it is still the cheapest way to buy silver in the UK. I hope you all understand and appreciate the volume of work that goes into these orders from our end and respect the fact that we have to do the dates this way to match up with what we have going on in our own lives!

Disclaimer regarding the Group Order

Joining this group order is at your own risk. Please make sure you read the following carefully. I (Backyard Bullion) cannot take financial responsibility for lost/damaged items that are part of this order. By joining this group order you agree to this. 

What is the group order all about?

This group order is a way to combine shipping costs for buying silver from Europe. We pay drastically less for our silver because we essentially do not pay VAT. I organise these orders so that people can get cheap silver but also so that I can unbox a large quantity of silver for my YouTube channel. It helps grow my social media, my BYB brand and my reputation within the community.

Last month we used GoldSilver.be - one of the cheapest bullion dealers in Europe.

This month, we are going to be swapping back to https://www.europeanmint.com/ 

This does not mean we will never use GS.be again - it is most likely that we will rotate between the two throughout the year.

The European Mint is based in Estonia. I have personally met the manager and owner and have an established business relationship with them. Unlike Goldsilver.be they are incredible with their customer services and general ethos on supplying bullion. Their products tend to be newer, of a better standard and also handled better. This leads to a better level of service.

I also think it is very good to be able to give other dealers a chance because the only way that GS.be will ever improve is if we act and take our business elsewhere. 

It is important to note the above disclaimer and re-iterate it again. I cannot be held responsible if items are lost/damaged when arriving from the European Mint. However I have the upmost faith in them as an organisation and the fact that I am in direct contact with the owner means that I am able to ring him to ask questions, sort out issues and we have a very good business relationship already. Int he unlikely event something went wrong feel so much more confident working with The European Mint than with GS.be - and as I am the one taking some of the burden and risk organising this order I think that should count for something!

A few notes on PRICING!

GS.be are known to be the cheapest in Europe. However - The European Mint has offered some exclusive price match guarantees to members of the forum who join this group order on items that are not already cheaper than GS.be

The European Mint has a great ethos. They want to be the next big dealer in Europe. To that end they are always trying to compete. This order is no different. 

EXCLUSIVE PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE

They have offered to price match the following items with GS.be

• Any coins from the Queen's Beast Series (bullion), 10 oz & 2 oz - including the 10 oz dragon & 2 oz bull (although EU Mint are actually cheaper right now!)
  • Oriental Border Britannias
  • Perth Mint Dragon Bars
  • Regular bullion coins, Britannias, Maples, Philharmonicas, kangaroos, koalas, pandas, kookaburras and eagles (2018 versions). Back dated years is on a case by case basis. 
  • The new Royal Mint two dragon coin

Other items will have to be on a case by case basis. Some items cannot be price matched because of the volumes that The European Mint buys them in does not allow any room for movement in price. However for the list of coins above we are able to get the same unit price per coin. 

There is one last thing to mention - The European Mint does not have as wide a selection of coins as GS.be - this is simply down to an economy of scale. As I mentioned earlier in this post we will be going back to GS.be in the future but for this month this is where we are going. 

How will the order work?

The way this works is simple. You will decide what you want by looking at their website https://www.europeanmint.com/ and send me a shopping list of what you want (preferably with hyperlinks to each item!). Now, some of the prices will be different on their website as the price match guarantee is EXCLUSIVE for the silver forum group order. So - once you have sent me a shopping list I will give you a total which is based on the price match to GS.be + any items you want that are not price matched.

I will send you a screen dump of the basket and total on their website and then I will send you another screen dump from www.transferwise.com showing the conversion and total in £.

You then send this via PayPal F&F or Banks transfer and as soon as I get the funds I will place the order. Your order is then locked in and confirmed, you cannot cancel after this stage. 

WE WILL ONLY BE ORDERING IN STOCK ITEMS - ANYTHING ON PRE-ORDER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

This is to avoid any delays after the order closes. 

When to order and pay Backyard Bullion?

I will only be placing orders on the weekends. I will not be able to place orders mid week unless there are extenuating circumstances. This is simply because I am a busy person and organising and keeping track of these orders is difficult. Feel free to send me your shopping lists during the week but understand that I will not be able to lock it in until the weekend - this is just the way it has to be so be aware that prices may fluctuate in the run up to the weekend. I would rather do it like this than potentially forget or miss recording orders and making mistakes. 

Deadlines & Timelines for this order

The order will close on Sunday 19th August 2018 @ 6pm UK Time You will need to have got funds to me by then if you would like to order anything. Should there be any delays in this it will mean the group order will be delayed and I will communicate any changes out to people via this thread. 

We are aiming for delivery of your silver in the week commencing 3rd September 2018

Shipping costs & Share of international postage. 

The European Mint has offered a very generous shipping quote for this order - capped at 1% of the total value of the order.

So - even with the discount the shipping will be a little more than people are used to. But, split out between all the orders it will not add up to much.

As I have said before the risk and burden of this group order lies with me - I would prefer to pay a little more for that peace of mind than have my parcel left in a bin or in the neighbours garden. 

How do I get my coins from Backyard Bullion?

You will have to pay for onwards postage and packaging from me to you. We will sort out the onwards postage and packaging once the order has been completed. Onwards shipping is at your choice and risk via Royal Mail. It is at this stage that we will sort out the share of international postage (if any applies). 

Here is a quick guide as to what the onwards postage costs will be. 

1296625378_GroupOrderPostageCosts.jpg.5b337c7eb6ba80282a79772d7d6ccae6.jpg

Please note that the maximum that you can send via Royal Mail Special delivery for a decent price is 2kg (about 55 oz). 

If you would like to order more than this please get in touch to discuss shipping options.  

Is it worth it to join?

Yes - buying silver from Europe is the single cheapest way of buying silver. Doing it as part of this group order is cheaper still. Some of their coins may be more expensive (the more collectable type coins) but certainly not by much. 

Another reason to join the more you buy the cheaper it gets for everybody! 

Does Backyard Bullion charge for this service?

I do not charge for you to join this group order. But I do ask for an optional "service charge" in the form of a tip, the suggested amount is £1 per person. I will not be offended or angry if you choose not to pay the "tip" - but bear in mind that proceeds from the tip help feed Mrs BYB a slap up takeaway as a thank you for helping to package up all of your orders! 

If you wanted to support me and Mrs Backyard Bullion please consider purchasing some of our hand poured silver - it goes a long way to keeping what we do going!

The main benefit for me is to be able to unbox a large quantity of silver for my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion which helps grow my channel, brand and reputation. 

What happens in the event of an issue with delivery?

As I said in the disclaimer at the top of this thread, I cannot be held financially responsible for the loss/damage of any items in this group order. The European Mint and their delivery partner company have insurance for their parcels but I have never had to put a claim in and I do not know how likely it might be that something is refunded should it go missing in transit. There is an intrinsic risk in ordering from any international company but I am confident that we will be able to resolve anything that might happen. Please bear this in mind before joining the order. 

Have you got any questions?

If you have any questions or would like any more information then please don't hesitate to ask here or via PM. 

In the meantime - get me your shopping lists!

Backyard Bullion

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, mikeiones32 said:

Just been checking out the site and there is plenty of interesting stuff there at good prices :) bit of an eye opener.......

Is there any requirement before being able to join in the order (being a newly registered member and all) ?

No requirement - but I do insist on new members paying by banks transfer.

56 minutes ago, mikeiones32 said:

Just been checking out the site and there is plenty of interesting stuff there at good prices :) bit of an eye opener.......

Is there any requirement before being able to join in the order (being a newly registered member and all) ?

Ah the sacred initiation rite of... Nah, you're welcome to join in whenever ?

10 minutes ago, KDave said:

Are they willing to price match the platinum coins again? 

on the 1/10th yes - everything else is case by case. 

25 minutes ago, StackerCollector said:

Awesome! I always ordered from the German dealer: "Heubach Edelmetalle." I wonder if the European Mint price-matches them as well? (hard to find cheaper prices in Germany)

If you have a product in mind and find a better price then let me know - we can look to get it price matched. No guarantees but always worth asking!

5 minutes ago, Cyberwolf said:

if i order and pay next weekend will my order be reserved or is there a chance of them running out of stock before it comes to putting the group order forward?

When you order, your coins are confirmed and ordered. 

Added 0 minutes later...
6 minutes ago, Cyberwolf said:

if i order and pay next weekend will my order be reserved or is there a chance of them running out of stock before it comes to putting the group order forward?

Think of it as a group delivery instead of orders

Archived