• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 Piedfort Sovereign Design

westminstrel

2018 Piedfort Sovereign Design - What say you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will it have the 65 privy or not?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/18 at 16:35

18 minutes ago, SovTracker said:

If the date your referring to is on the outer box with a Bar Code, I queried it a few weeks ago with The Mint as one of my two Sapphire Jubilee SotD was dated 1 day after the SotD. They told me it was the packaging date and not the packaging date.

Sometimes they have the coins and not the packaging and not the coins so shows out of stock - also vice versa except for SotD which they tell me MUST be Minted on the actual day.

Also the Certificate numbers are a joke - you can get the first coin of the "press" and get a high number or number 1000 could be Cert No 1 - quality control heh.

If you mean the cardboard outer then I found on the SotD both mine were dated two days later which does indeed look like packaging/ QC (lol) detail - I'd guess that's the final thing to go on (?).

These were a bit different in that the labels are on the actual outer presentation boxes (not any external packaging) but it seems that doesn't mean much either, thanks!

A good post imo - basically we cannot trust the Mint!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't know if I did the right thing, but I ordered one of the 2018 Piedforts. First time ordering from the Royal Mint, hoping that they deliver what are really beautiful coins and also hoping that this year's editions of all the sovereigns with the privy mark do well for collectors because trying to find a 2017 Piedfort is pert near impossible w/o an extremely high premium. Can't wait to see what is coming for 2019. 

2 minutes ago, medgasguy said:

Well I don't know if I did the right thing, but I ordered one of the 2018 Piedforts. First time ordering from the Royal Mint, hoping that they deliver what are really beautiful coins and also hoping that this year's editions of all the sovereigns with the privy mark do well for collectors. Can't wait to see what is coming for 2019. 

Just check the quality of the coin and get it replaced by the Mint if they send a below-par one, otherwise enjoy your coin, love mine! :)

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, medgasguy said:

I'd love to but not sure how to do that here, maybe someone could direct me to a tutorial?

What I do is join a free photo hosting media site and upload my pics there for free. Then I copy the direct link provided by the free photo hosting site and "insert image URL" by clicking "insert other media" on the lower right hand side of the response box.

Archived