• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 Piedfort Sovereign Design

westminstrel

2018 Piedfort Sovereign Design - What say you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will it have the 65 privy or not?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/18 at 16:35

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2017 piedfort was released in June (if I recall rightly!) along with the SotD and the Five Sovereign.

I think it might have been pushed ahead to August this year due to the Sapphire Coronation and Prince George Sovereigns that came out in June/July.

Yes the best guess (and leaked release schedule) is early August.

I expect it to have the privy, I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't - plus the excellent point by @westminstrel that next year can also be a 'first'.

I'm confused because I thought the 5 Sov was the same time but @RegalStacker seems to have one already (graded too!) from his Youtube vid The Weather, unless I am going crazy? :wacko:

And yes that one has the Sapphire privy.

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

Yes the best guess (and leaked release schedule) is early August.

I expect it to have the privy, I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't - plus the excellent point by @westminstrel that next year can also be a 'first'.

I'm confused because I thought the 5 Sov was the same time but @RegalStacker seems to have one already (graded too!) from his Youtube vid The Weather, unless I am going crazy? :wacko:

And yes that one has the Sapphire privy.

That’s the Proof Five Sovereign with the 65 privy that was released in the Premium five coin Proof set (or whatever it was called).

The Mint also releases a Brilliant Uncirculated Five Sovereign in the middle of the year.

5 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Well im getting one if it has privy or not lol. 

So am I, for sure. Most experienced folk I've met through here are quite ambivalent though - while I (a newbie) think it will be an instant sell-out and the chance for a quick flip - like last year (but not for so much - maybe £100-£150) until prices (so far) bottomed out. Otherwise sit on it for a few years, it should do OK - Sapphire privy (hopefully)  and second one ever, so it looks like a new Sov line is being formed. It may not be a huge winner compared to others but I don't feel myself I will ever lose on this.

35 minutes ago, kimchi said:

So am I, for sure. Most experienced folk I've met through here are quite ambivalent though - while I (a newbie) think it will be an instant sell-out and the chance for a quick flip - like last year (but not for so much - maybe £100-£150) until prices (so far) bottomed out. Otherwise sit on it for a few years, it should do OK - Sapphire privy (hopefully)  and second one ever, so it looks like a new Sov line is being formed. It may not be a huge winner compared to others but I don't feel myself I will ever lose on this.

Have we ever seen a successful Piedfort line/series from anywhere? I think special Piedfort sovereigns are cute, but every year?!

2 minutes ago, *tada* said:

Have we ever seen a successful Piedfort line/series from anywhere? I think special Piedfort sovereigns are cute, but every year?!

From what far wiser folk than me have said privately - absolutely 'no'.

Couldn't this be the first one though, as it's a 'Sov' and now obviously an annual thing?

14 minutes ago, kimchi said:

From what far wiser folk than me have said privately - absolutely 'no'.

Couldn't this be the first one though, as it's a 'Sov' and now obviously an annual thing?

If very limited mintage - I'll consider it. Otherwise, probably not

6 minutes ago, *tada* said:

If very limited mintage - I'll consider it. Otherwise, probably not

What would you say is very limited mintage? Last year was 3500/3750 which I think is a lot myself.

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

What would you say is very limited mintage? Last year was 3500/3750 which I think is a lot myself.

less than 1000, maybe 650 but I wouldn't count on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2018 at 14:45, TheCoinConnection said:

Thank you! We am currently taking pre-orders for the Piedfort Sovereign and the 5 Sovereign Piece.

Thanks for all your help cant wait to get the coin. 

Also, a big thanks to CoinConnection, cheaper than the mint will be so I have 2 ordered, they will be the first ever coins I get graded through @Numistacker

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

Just now, kimchi said:

Why are you grading them out of interest?

Well I may only grade one but I like the NGC slabs, plus I plan on keeping at least 1 for 20 years +

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

8 minutes ago, austack said:

Well I may only grade one but I like the NGC slabs, plus I plan on keeping at least 1 for 20 years +

Many people seem to like the slabs, it is not for me on coins I hope to keep - I find it ruins my enjoyment of coins where I love the original presentation (when The RM gets it right - when they don't send them back!), but we are all different :)

Archived