• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello Silver Forum, Newbie Here :)

knighthawk

Hi there from Scotland, United Kingdom!

I am new to silver stacking / collecting and found this site through a YouTube user called Stacker Noob UK that recommended the site as a place to discuss and learn about silver collecting and stacking.

Right now I am pretty sure I have no idea what I am doing but I bought an American Eagle to start myself off and I have no idea what to do now.

I have dropped it quite a bit as well lol.

Thanks for reading :)

Hello from the USA!!  this is a great place to get information and general knowledge... I'm still pretty new and it is always great to roam the forum and pickup good tidbits of info... have fun and keep on stacking!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Keep buying the odd piece of silver, it's amazing how quickly the stack grows. Stay away from eBay, it's is full of fakes. If you are  buying the odd coin keep your eye out in the sales section here, long standing members are trustworthy to buy from. As an example someone is currently selling Noah's ark ounces for under £14 per coin plus postage of your choice. A lot of people will save up,for 25+ coins and order from Europe where vat is minimal. Backyard bullion also does a group buy from Europe where you order through him and he forward you the coin(s). Lots of good information on the site, keep reading and happy stacking.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Welcome to the forum @knighthawk  ?

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

6 hours ago, knighthawk said:

Hi there from Scotland, United Kingdom!

I am new to silver stacking / collecting and found this site through a YouTube user called Stacker Noob UK that recommended the site as a place to discuss and learn about silver collecting and stacking.

Right now I am pretty sure I have no idea what I am doing but I bought an American Eagle to start myself off and I have no idea what to do now.

I have dropped it quite a bit as well lol.

Thanks for reading :)

Awesome dude thanks for watching my videos and for following my recommendation!

As has been mentioned, probably a great place to start is to keep an eye on the sales section here on the forum. There are always some amazing deals to be had, WAY WAY cheaper than most sites.

Three sites I would recommend for medium sized orders (10-20 oz) are goldsilver.be, coininvest.com and europeanmint.com.

For smaller orders, try eldoradocoins.de - postage is far cheaper but coins are a little more expensive.

Basically go aborad to buy online.

Thanks again and welcome!

Welcome matey, you will find out on here all the best and safest places to buy your bullion from (beware the many fakes out there it can be a minefield)

Apart from being part of the monster orders that BackyardBullion does which can save you a fortune, Silvertrader is superb and one of the cheapest and best dealers out there I use often and he is based up north I think near you. https://www.silvertrader.uk/

Shop around then ask if any of the long standing member/dealers on here can beat the best price you have seen.

I couldn't wait so I made an order for 10oz in mixed coins from GS.BE. Their payment instructions leave a lot to be desired but hopefully I get my stuff soon. I have no idea what their shipping times are like lol.

As soon as I clicked the purchase button I felt "oh no, what have I done?" but now I'm feeling "this is gonna be good".

I haven't felt mixed feelings this exciting in a long time.

Not sure if there is a name for this but if there isn't I want to name it "The Silver Rush" hehe. Feeling energised waiting on my first real silver order.

3 hours ago, SILVERFINGER said:

You will be fine as long as you never have to use their customer service, from what I seen on here, the word rude does not even scratch the surface.

Yeah, I've heard that they can be a bit cheeky. Hopefully there's no issues.

Is there a newbie questions thread? I have a few questions that I couldn't really find an answer to by searching on here and on google.

Just realised I made my first newbie mistake (besides paying £22 for an Eagle).

I forgot to buy a monster box with my GS.BE order to keep it all in.

Guess I'll need to settle for a poundland sandwhich box until the next time I place an order haha.

5 hours ago, knighthawk said:

Is there a newbie questions thread

You could make your own post in the GENERAL PRECIOUS METALS topic (covers you for any metals then) or if you only collect silver or gold in one of those, and save the page, then when you have a question keep going back to your own topic and adding new questions, that way you will be able to keep going back to any info you got for future reference and actually be able to find it again lol

1 hour ago, knighthawk said:

Guess I'll need to settle for a poundland sandwhich box

A place near me sells wooden 'treasure' chests for peanuts, some of them are really nice and most of them are pretty cheap and must of been made abroad as my woodworking mate said the cost of the wood in them is worth more than what he is selling them for.

This basic one (there is a huge choice of qualitys, prices, woods and sizes) cost me about £30 if I remember.

DSCN0507.thumb.JPG.0028de51151d6cb9bcbaf911c0695d6f.JPG

DSCN0511.thumb.JPG.47649a6684f45b701ca6f6442e73bbd6.JPG

Archived