• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

StackerNoob

Group ordering is well worth it! Cheers BYB!

1 hour ago, knighthawk said:

Always like to watch your unboxings. Convinced me that collecting can be fun and not stressful like I have been told by my friends that stack.

Dont get me wrong, it was actually becoming stressful for me towards the end of the year because I was trying to collect so many different things. There are alot of really nice coins and series out there it hard not to have your head turned from time to time. I have had to sacrifice loads of sets I would have loved to collect (all the rwandan coins, the kooks, libertads etc), but I have  a laser like focus on completing the sets that I picked from the bunch. I kept my goals realistic and long term i.e Im going with the 10 oz and 2 oz queens beast because they will be going for a couple of years yet, with the intention of reaching close to 400 oz if I stick to my plan.

So Im really enjoying stacking again because I have strict goals and instead of panic buying every new coin, I can calmly say, "yes thats nice, but my picks are better" ?

Edited by StackerNoob

I'm not sure which series I like yet. But it was the Queens beast series that convinced me to start because I'm currently getting a Unicorn of Scotland tattoo designed for me, I haven't picked any up yet myself. It looks like the earlier ones are quite hard to get though.

I don't want to go too crazy though, I'd rather pick up one or two here or there to start off but I'd also like to get a decent mix just to get an idea of what I'm getting into haha.

I've watched all your videos from the start to the one above and seeing your collection grow was really cool. The video above convinced me to give the group buys a go.

I subbed on YouTube so I'll be following along with your collection :)

silvertrader is doing the unicorn for £39.59.  That's where I started collecting, never had a bad coin off him.  His website is a decent bit cheaper than when he sells on e-bay.

20 hours ago, knighthawk said:

I'm not sure which series I like yet. But it was the Queens beast series that convinced me to start because I'm currently getting a Unicorn of Scotland tattoo designed for me, I haven't picked any up yet myself. It looks like the earlier ones are quite hard to get though.

I don't want to go too crazy though, I'd rather pick up one or two here or there to start off but I'd also like to get a decent mix just to get an idea of what I'm getting into haha.

I've watched all your videos from the start to the one above and seeing your collection grow was really cool. The video above convinced me to give the group buys a go.

I subbed on YouTube so I'll be following along with your collection :)

Appreciate the sub, and thanks for watching my journal from start to now, its been a real evolution I think!

One word of caution. You said "I'd also like to get a decent mix just to get an idea of what I'm getting into" - This was exactly what I did at the start and I would advise against this approach. I thought I would like to have a "one each of ten" rather than a "ten each of one" approach. This ended up in me stressing out that I was losing track of what series updates I had to chase and how I could possible afforded them all etc.

I would basically reiterate this - window shop very carefully and pick a small list of winners and go with them and only them to start with. You would be amazed at the difference it makes looking at a lovely set of one series than one random year of say 10 series. If you really really love a series then dont be afraid to backdate but be prepared for premiums. But if possible, try to go with newly released sets first. Also, make sure to have a good portion of your stack as cheaper silver, Id go with brits for you.

Having these discussions with you and a few others on Youtube has convinced me to make a "Advice for Noobs" video soon. It would be my personal take on things and might highlight common pitfalls of the new stacker.

20 hours ago, MickD said:

silvertrader is doing the unicorn for £39.59.  That's where I started collecting, never had a bad coin off him.  His website is a decent bit cheaper than when he sells on e-bay.

Ive had a good experience with Martin myself a few times in the past, not a bad word to say about him personally.

However, I do still think his prices can be a little steep. If you are buying a single coin then its all good, but I would always go abroad if buying say 3+ coins. Eldoradocoins.de is great for 3-5 coins, and the big players goldsilver/be, coininvest and europeanmint are best for larger orders.

2 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

Appreciate the sub, and thanks for watching my journal from start to now, its been a real evolution I think!

One word of caution. You said "I'd also like to get a decent mix just to get an idea of what I'm getting into" - This was exactly what I did at the start and I would advise against this approach. I thought I would like to have a "one each of ten" rather than a "ten each of one" approach. This ended up in me stressing out that I was losing track of what series updates I had to chase and how I could possible afforded them all etc.

I would basically reiterate this - window shop very carefully and pick a small list of winners and go with them and only them to start with. You would be amazed at the difference it makes looking at a lovely set of one series than one random year of say 10 series. If you really really love a series then dont be afraid to backdate but be prepared for premiums. But if possible, try to go with newly released sets first. Also, make sure to have a good portion of your stack as cheaper silver, Id go with brits for you.

Having these discussions with you and a few others on Youtube has convinced me to make a "Advice for Noobs" video soon. It would be my personal take on things and might highlight common pitfalls of the new stacker.

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to the video :)