• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sunday Night Metal Chat

Today I would like to talk about the different types of pours the Miner does. He started with graphite pours like most people do.

tFjVjYl--xdonl6c5ZHD5TVaAo6LuUDDF03RV17Gv_cRXkRW7RE1Qkv6v11V4hboSDB9C2J1B_AFjvgWXG75uO4MNjJlq5U8lRPqpXO46edWRi26488hh8wLyYxQK1uNB8Xxlmkh

Next he did some open pours in Sand

xnngGDlhYlltt8Ag-tjJaliw2Fo8yTjxf1xHTPbPoDqOQ8wHChzcdsvEhb30wSyWMD04SXUWnxlkM6clao3oPNttFoIwlEGldaGFXqdphOK8m1sjB-KaamZNTiphxRrpXZ5laonZ

Then a wood pour

IsFvXT6Tjmfzpx_AP_g67iAdCb0ILqRBCFI6co0XJCsBvRtySAzvWgs4iAtohWNS-TMVOCVyrHSR2gAY5h-RGh7jru6TjlFu1GJX6wriQMa6OgKmE5WIjF4woQj3zOLomwdOPfYO

The next step was to try casting

d1LXpRUTfHyHtUpYQifn6clDMXcpkqGW2Uez8JGWKfq5TWfrWYVKMYPmT7SJfKw4g2Ow0qJ_Jl2ciYNmXSPBYqfwRiDJSXrMcpmSXKaid4QuqQP3KljBp04TEJse1gHhJSpYrH-V

RjI9pa3UlvtfBDxQdwvu4zN23PikFQcuBq0K5mp5GBug7IUrjrhGWL4vcwXv3dBIfjVfHKlGQym2Sj3HdvjBwxc_IquVPJGb-0L_kpSQyGDDrWg82oxkuyr0GJaz3ARn4hXTCxDR

Each of these steps were a big challenge and he seems to figure it out and for every pour(2 out of 3) that don’t work he learns what not to do.  The detail he gets on his casts amazes me every time, after several successful casts he began taking it to the next level and hammering the pours.

DJKnDkBAraQBiYnPD9XfamL_XjwO9izmuypgpjLaPOM1Q7-FUAkCxHgRHNaOoU2nOJO-QNHcpha2w5xHL3JZpRxjodjd4u_5l8T_UAqRNmbjIgmUPtpPIFEWy4z7Ii6VIu0uHK4e

There are so many ways to work the metal and so many people that are out there pouring, we love to see their progression on the process as they become more comfortable and get creative.

We have been talking and lost wax maybe in the future, but for now the hammering and creativity it opens up has many avenues left to explore.He spends hours working on the patterns for the molds before he even can begin pouring or hammering. Here is the latest one he is working on for a commissioned piece.

UmagVwh6N02hsn5aQXhR_wyJlu_0iMYO_GD55KeJq-MWRLoN5Q0D6Mf0rj3_UU-fChUwa3xf9T2hc2i6wCA-CAbpeepjlikwNzNCRh69ye6S3uvpUeWudfUrh9tkJ4nMyO3sTm-a

The patience required for finishing the details on this kind of work, no matter the piece, is absolutely crazy and the hours involved are more than you would think.

If you have any questions or would like more information about any of the types of pours, I would love to hear them.

Also

If you have not tried Mene yet you are missing out!!!

Join Menē 24K Investment Jewelry with this link and earn a $5 credit for signing up and also up to $50 in Menē Credit every time you make a purchase at full price.  #mene24k https://mene.com/invite/Z72QTr

klDQ_THSrBv7uyzKUb_BDIjWjH57BcGC0MA7F-I5VjWT9WL4X7MspaDTztdq8jIW1buMr5fAwx-IWJyvDvB4wom75ls3714WvCvZX0iqNi5ffNRCmN9gBVyLCT87eT_pMAMr4B3K

Well we are here to sweeten the deal!

We are offering a $5.00 DSM credit When you sign up under our link just send us a screen shot of your sign up and we will send you a code good on anything(including T*shirts and Hats) for our website, every time you make a qualifying purchase for the $50 credit at Mene you will get an additional $10 credit from us! So Go ahead and give it a try! We love our Mene!

Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting projects here! and some nice pours. 

But can we please not start promoting MENE jewelry here? i see referral links constantly spammed everywhere for it and its annoying.. 24k does NOT make good jewelry, its to soft. The premium is too high for sensible investment and unless this is UK hallmarked (i can find nothing to say it is) then this cant even be classed or sold as gold here if it weighs over 1 gram - its "yellow metal"

This is not a personal dig Dixie, but this mene referral plan gets spammed alot.

On 30/10/2018 at 10:11, Madstacks said:

interesting projects here! and some nice pours. 

But can we please not start promoting MENE jewelry here? i see referral links constantly spammed everywhere for it and its annoying.. 24k does NOT make good jewelry, its to soft. The premium is too high for sensible investment and unless this is UK hallmarked (i can find nothing to say it is) then this cant even be classed or sold as gold here if it weighs over 1 gram - its "yellow metal"

This is not a personal dig Dixie, but this mene referral plan gets spammed alot.

Understood and we only mention it occasionally, however with the credits from mene since July we have stacked almost and ounce of gold and a half ounce of platinum for about $22 a gram, we both wear the charms daily and consider them our everyday carry pieces,  it is fractional we always have with us and it is stamped 24k (not UK hallmarks but they are expanding} so there are some benefits to the plan, we were very skeptical until we got our first free charm and as much as we love gold we love free gold even more LOL I promise mene will not be a regular mention but with the generous credits it is worth considering for your stacking plan . 

Added 0 minutes later...

We are members of a great community called Steemit, where you are rewarded for your content posts in steem(a crypto currency) we have been holding a weekly contest now all summer for #piratesunday. So today We thought we would share that Captain K all started with a copper skull pour about 5 months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrRS11Ffxw&t=238s
and the following challenge!
Ahoy! all ye buccaneers! Today we be bringing  you the tale o' Captain K. he has sailed th' seven seas 'n has found his best booty yet!
He acquired a map and  followed it to the booty o' Hephaestus.The Greek god f' Blacksmithing.

http://encyclopediamythos.wikia.com/wiki/Hephaestus

As a smithing god, Hephaestus made all the weapons for the gods in Olympus. He served as the blacksmith to the gods, and  was worshipped by the manufacturing industrial centers of Greece.
The Greek myths and the  Homeric poems sanctified in tales that Hephaestus had a special power t' produce motion in his metal.
Here is the Treasure that Captain K has found

https://imgur.com/a/r1cVLKA

iFQ3Bg9dujtd2X3FKOZ00z3wFF4ThG8RjsjUL4AfbMw9m-tGYGsEHZkVb4691WSPUAcFrkIetyTjQSWh3iustWI9X4s-r57p4G3zPlFXZ4QBELokhDuIdbGYPoiOtGhoVXd9s53N
The Lost Copper skull of  Hephaestus:

It is said that Hephaestus could not destroy what he created and some pieces in order So that no one would poses them he buried them in spots around the world. This Skull be believed t' be part o' that legend. Now that Captain K has acquired this Copper Skull, he must begin a new journey t' learn the powers bestowed upon it by Hephaestus

Does anyone know the tale of Hephaestus 'n this copper skull?
Captain K needs your Help!
TNMgwFpB5IsgorahWb-PuMelLCDAuhPau9WLXT_8S5RrCuEzJa2qjPon0gw-eZ97UV_TdANTYOjNe-iCYDo6HCM2zT4mh6VxbnFhZm6feVidyZBa_CyY9xmp7FnGdfYqey8mO99Y
we now have almost 40 stories that are growing like crazy! we really need to get someone to start recording the stories so everyone can hear them!

We would like to share one of the stories with you today!

HERE IS CHAPTER ONE FORM @HANDOFZARA

CHAPTER ONE- THE FARMER

Chapter 1 - The Farmer

The Summer of 1702 would be remembered as the Summer of Peace in the Royal Colony of North Carolina.

The hot Carolina sun beat down upon his neck. Sweat dripped down his brow stinging his eyes. The mule plodded along pulling the plow, slowly turning over that hard red clay. The Sun rose high in the eastern sky, as the man and the mule plowed one row after the other.

The farmer's thoughts took him back to his second love, the love of the Sea. He remembered he once was free, he once saw a large horizon and now all he could see was a prison of tall pines and hard red clay. He remembered he once saw Spanish Galleons laden with gold and silver. He remembered he once saw cannons firing, he once saw ship masts splintered by a perfect shot of his cannon. He remembered once he was a gunner upon the greatest ship that sailed the Seas.

His dreaming of glorious conquests upon the Seas, ended abrubtly in the mid day sun, the mule stopped. He hit the mule with the reigns, and the mule stood still. He cursed and he kicked and still the mule stood still, paying no attention to the ship's gunner.

"Damn it!"

The mule turned and stared at the farmer, but refused to move, the sun was high in the mid day sky. He broke down and unhitched the mule from the plow. The mule turned, gave the farmer a knowing look and slowly turned and headed back to the barn without the plow, leaving the farmer broken on his knees. He stared up to heaven and cried.

"Maggie, I don't know why you had to die. I have tried these past seven years to be a good father to our son. I have tried to be an honest man. I have tried to farm this land, but this was your dream and not mine. You left me Maggie and you left our son."

The farmer wept.

He had hoped that by some miracle, God would let him hear her voice one more time, to see her smile again, to feel her touch. Nothing, not even the sound of her voice in the wind, the silence from heaven pierced his broken heart and he wept.

"Da! Annie is back in the barn! Is you alright? Da! Da!"

Kevin's voice brought him back from the depths of despair. But only briefly, sometimes he could not even look at his own son, for to look upon Kevin was to look upon Maggie. His red hair, his smile, the freckles upon his face, all bore witness that Maggie was his mother.

"Da, is you alright?"

"I'm fine!"

He pulled himself up off the ground and slowly walked towards Kevin. Kevin knew his father's mood, he knew him all too well. He knew his Da often wept for his mother, a mother he had never met, a mother who passed from this world giving him birth.

"Is you missin' her again?"

"Yes, I miss her." He smiled at his son.

"Annie is back in the barn. You should know that she don't work past mid day."

They both laughed.

"Seems that old mule has got more sense than I do."

They both laughed even louder.

"She sure do Da, she sure do."

They both slowly walked side by side back to the cabin.

The Summer months passed slowly but the farmer kept himself busy working his fields of tobacco. He and the boy spent their days armed with hoes in an endless battle against the weeds, row after row and day after day. The crop was hung in the barn to cure and another made ready for market.

"Ten, Da, I count ten hogshead of tobacco, we will be rich! When is the market, when are we headed out? Will Aunt Katie be there?"

Kevin had a thousand questions, and was tired of all the work. He wanted to leave the farm and all the work behind. He most especially wanted to see his Aunt Katie, his mother's younger sister. He stared at his father waiting for an answer, but the farmer just sighed and looked off into the sky. Finally, the silence broke.

"Yes, your Aunt Katie and Uncle Aaron, will be at the market in Bath Town in two days. We will load up the cart and head out tomorrow."

He smiled and was glad that Kevin loved Katie.  She married an Englishman Aaron Lewis, a purchasing agent of the West India Trading Company and Captain of fly-boat, a small wide cargo ship, that plied along the Albemarle Sound and sometimes ventured along the Atlantic Coast.  He hoped that she would keep her promise, last year she promised that when Kevin turned seven, he could sign aboard ship as cabin boy. The last wish he had for his son was to be a farmer, to never leave the land, to never leave this prison of pines, to toil in the hard red clay until his body broke.  He wanted his son to learn to be a man of trade and commerce, to be a man of the sea, to be a captain.

"Kevin, tonight I will be going to the McPhearsons to make arrangements for them to mind the farm while we are gone."

After dinner, he instructed Kevin to get to sleep early and if he was not back by sunlight to load the tobacco and hook Annie up to the cart.  The farmer made his way to the McPhearsons, and after a brief visit when a deal was struck the farmer turned back towards home.

He came upon a large rock and stood still for a moment. He carefully examined the rock and found a small carving, a carving he had made seven years ago when he and Maggie first arrived in the Colony. He looked straight at the carving and then pointed in a perfect right angle to the left. He then turned to the left and began to take large strides counting them off 1 . . .2 . . .3 . . . finally he reached 21. And there before him, deep in the woods under some dead branches was a small pile of rocks. The farmer began removing the rocks, deeper and deeper into the ground he dug until he found his old sea chest. It was still there, he thought someone might have stolen it, but then he looked around and seeing nothing but pine trees laughed to himself no one would ever be here in the wilderness. He lifted the contents of the old sea chest out, he only cared about two things his silver and his sword. He held his sword in his hand and pointed it towards the stars. He declared to God, I shall be a farmer no more. He carefully wrapped his sword in a deer skin, so as to keep it hidden. The purse of silver, which was heavier than he remembered, he put it in his ruckack.

The sunrise had already broken by the time he saw his barn.  He laughed at the sight of Kevin standing by Annie, already hitched to a fully loaded cart.

"Son, are you ready to go to Bath Town?"

"I've been ready, and Annie's been ready, what took you so long Da?"

"Since you be ready, I guess we should best get started."

He took Annie's briddle in his hand, and the pirate and his son set out for the market in Bath Town.

We have so many more and would be happy to share if anyone is interested,

Please let us know!

Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!

We are members of a great community called Steemit, where you are rewarded for your content posts in steem(a crypto currency) we have been holding a weekly contest now all summer for #piratesunday. So today We thought we would share that Captain K all started with a copper skull pour about 5 months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrRS11Ffxw&t=238s
and the following challenge!
Ahoy! all ye buccaneers! Today we be bringing  you the tale o' Captain K. he has sailed th' seven seas 'n has found his best booty yet!
He acquired a map and  followed it to the booty o' Hephaestus.The Greek god f' Blacksmithing.

http://encyclopediamythos.wikia.com/wiki/Hephaestus

As a smithing god, Hephaestus made all the weapons for the gods in Olympus. He served as the blacksmith to the gods, and  was worshipped by the manufacturing industrial centers of Greece.
The Greek myths and the  Homeric poems sanctified in tales that Hephaestus had a special power t' produce motion in his metal.
Here is the Treasure that Captain K has found

https://imgur.com/a/r1cVLKA

yZFkiiQtDcHNIXah73AwdmSA9h1vNmqt9nvxSRafzJUxAvD9rZ2FSjYTlAPh5NDp9jMMQYBQgU3n0_nX9iyr_99wdX3TMONBVCZ5hzmvN21_9aa8cxVP6lAEaVD-wt1-IRhhqmzb
The Lost Copper skull of  Hephaestus:

It is said that Hephaestus could not destroy what he created and some pieces in order So that no one would poses them he buried them in spots around the world. This Skull be believed t' be part o' that legend. Now that Captain K has acquired this Copper Skull, he must begin a new journey t' learn the powers bestowed upon it by Hephaestus

Does anyone know the tale of Hephaestus 'n this copper skull?
Captain K needs your Help!
aLwyiuOtfC1fHoMZTIjxtbWbIChTglEK86vXORSXTQgkmi3jwPWdnD-ZfCvTjm9ZSRbVBQhQW0Yu6JJ1qDYAoUIVLA6BpCNZz1ZQDkQ2Pi6mce1IVDRnZhGBykZ8K_4bvO2wMzdN
we now have almost 40 stories that are growing like crazy! we really need to get someone to start recording the stories so everyone can hear them!

Here is another great tale!

Good day all my pirate brethren! Welcome to my ship the Silver Wing on this deathly dark night. I, Captain D Wing, have my crew gathered on the deck for a tale of adventure and intrigue that involves one of our most famous pirate brothers, Captain K.

captaink.jpeg

CAPTAIN K PHOTO PROVIDED BY @dixiesilverminer

Some photos of previous booty collected by my crew and Captain K's as well! (PROVIDED BY @dwingsworld)

20180420_185627.jpg

20180525_200007(0).jpg

Listen closely my friends as I delve into a tale that has fallen into mostly legend and is not for the faint of heart. However, I know it to be true as I have beholden a piece of what was discovered by Captain K and his faithful crew aboard the Golden Dragon. The Golden Dragon was a ship so fast she seemed to fly upon the water with 25 cannons on each side that literally filled the air with dragon’s fire when they were utilized on an enemy.

captain K ship.gif

CAPTAIN K'S SHIP PROVIDED BY @dixiesilverminer

You see my friends on this day Captain K and his crew voyaged in search of the Silver Skull of Destiny forged by the Olympian Hephaestus. At the beginning of our journey, three things were known about the skull.

1. The power it contained could either make paradise or destroy the world

2. Zeus made Hephaestus break the skull into pieces because of the power it wielded

3. Those pieces were hidden by various Olympian Gods in lands near and far.

Captain K and his crew set out from Clew Bay after meeting with the famed pirate Grace O’Malley (A real Irish Pirate look her up!!!!), whom had secured information about the skull from Queen Elizabeth I in a meeting to have her son released from custody.

grace omalley.jpg

STATUE OF GRACE O'MALLEY

She informed Captain K that at least a portion of the skull came to rest in a sacred place on the island home of the nymph Calypso. Captain K was told Hermes secretly hid his portion or portions of the skull on the isle when he told Calypso of Zeus’ order to release Odysseus from her island.

Calypso and Hermes01GREEK.jpg

IMAGE OF THE MEETING OF CALYPSO AND HERMES

Pulling out his compass and ordering his crew to put up the sails; they set course toward the island of Ogygia, home of the Calypso!! It was many days journey to the island full of fear and danger, but Captain K and his crew were used to it. Each night of the journey the crew would hear a faint singing that sounded like a young woman calling to the sea. The pirates were in awe of its beauty, but Captain K warned them of the peril it represented. During one misty night his first mate was on the deck and asked Captain K of this song. He stated that Precious the Mermaid had been following them on their quest since they previously had located the Copper Skull of Hephaestus. He explained the mermaid had been searching for the skulls since they were first hidden, however she was bound to the water. This forced her to try and call the pirates that were hunting these mystic relics.

Precious-Swimming-FInal.gif, precious dixiesilverminer.gif

SWIMMING PRECIOUS BY @silversaver888 SINGING PRECIOUS BY @dixiesilverminer

After nine days the weary pirates took anchor off the coast of Calypso’s island, and Captain K took a small band to the shore to locate the relic.

samuel palmers Calypsos Island.jpg

SAMUEL PALMERS PAINTING OF CALYPSOS ISLAND

Moments after hitting the shore a figure of a lovely young woman appeared before the band of pirates terrifying some men to retreat to a nearby boat carcass that lay across the shore. Captain K and his first mate stood strong as they knew this was Calypso. Captain K took a knee and addressed the nymph thanking her for allowing them passage upon her beautiful island. Calypso giggled and told the pirate captain to rise and she foresaw his coming for the skull parts. Without thinking the Captain exclaimed “parts” in shock. Richard Westall work.jpg

RICHARD WESTALL PAINTING OF CALPSO (perhaps the meeting above)

It was at this point Calypso waved her hands in front of her and made an image appear like a reflection in water of the Ggantija temples. Moving through the image as if at the site Calypso showed the Captain to the main altar of the temple where three pieces of The Skull of Destiny lay. Upon the altar sat a tooth, a jaw, and a portion of the brow. Calypso then made the image fall to dust upon the ground. Warning Captain K of the skulls great power she told him there was no way she could let the pirates go after it.

Ggantija main altar.jpg

PHOTO OF MAIN ALTAR AT GGANTIJA

Well that concludes Part 1 of the adventure, but tune into my next post to see just what excitement is ahead for Captain K!!

Happy Sunday!!! The holidays are fast approaching and this coming friday is known as  “Black Friday” at least here in the states. Did you know that many dealers have a Black Friday deal on precious metals? Well with the low spot price we are stuck at, the deals seem even bigger.

So I thought I would share some of the deals I have seen coming up:

iHxMEK6NI9hoL4tWaOuYQXb9lCGpowKNb1x-dXx0H4ZMTjY1XFFPIe6IvZPyzRWdaU9kr5wdv1QX0QrDf0BIUBziUabNryMpoGVspB9FKfO9IRYsB81pBy4AISRn-niA4tidoyL9

Apmex has some holiday rounds on sale and each year they post some other great deals so bookmark this site for some upcoming sales

https://www.apmex.com/category/90637/black-friday-holiday-products

We received an email that starting tomorrow Monday the 19th Provident will be having a different spot deal daily for the holiday shopping season

https://www.providentmetals.com/featured/specials.html

Another dealer that always has some great pricing for Black Friday and Cyber MOnday is JMbullion , I have not seen the details for them yet but they always have something good.

https://www.jmbullion.com/

So this is another one to watch!

We will also have some Black Friday Deals so keep an eye out for them! I would love to hear about any Black Friday deals you have seen and I am sure many others would too, so please share in the comments!

Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!

Today I am  sharing our latest metal purchase:

10 beautiful buffalos we bought for a spot deal, There are so many ways to add to your stack,

https://imgur.com/a/QezB0zA

sNBcuYx47Onok_JxEzOIj_KW508g7jSZAIocQqW_omUl4_xZVi0neFXqfKeG9sVv8y8J4CrRSyh3X880fWUdMOstkT1Ep9eAGk9aKaMHo4GkSgBEYXoSYb3MeP6maKr39a49jACP

Did you get any good Black Friday Deals? I would love to hear about them or are you waiting for Cyber Monday?  Hope you had a great weekend and are ready for Monday to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Knowing when to use your preps.

As a stacker and a prepper it is important to pay attention to your supplies and stack as it grows and to have a plan for them. One problem with being a stacker is once you you own it, it is hard to part with it. We felt much more comfortable with our recent “Leap of Faith” move knowing we had our stack if needed. We have not sold any as of yet, we are much more motivated to find other ways when possible, but it  really nice to know we have it. We also have several months of food prep staples for our family, It has made the stocking of a new home really easy, normally in November we add another large stash to our preps, This year we did not, once we arrived we opened the oldest from our food stash and started our pantry with those, not only was it nice to not have one more expense during the move but it made for a short trip to the grocery when we arrived. We will restock as we are ready, and we learn the new area and the best deals but until then we are eating great the expense and time have proven they are worth it and it has reaffirmed our efforts.

And here is a little silver porn

https://imgur.com/a/Ny8JSf0

So Keep stacking and Prepping!

Archived