• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sunday Night Metal Chat

Happy Sunday and Happy Easter. While on the quest for stacking shiny,  Don't forget to stack some memories too. Today means many different things to people around the world, ultimately the best part about the day (religion, bunnies and candy aside) is that it is a day that most take extra time with family, follow traditions or make some new ones and that is the most important thing we all can do.

Spending time with family and friends, making memories and being together is What life is all about and along with adding some shiny to your stack take the time to add some memories too, the shiny may come and go but the memories are yours forever.  Now if you can do both at the same time that is the way to go!

0401181646_Film1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Sunday Everyone!

This weekend seems to have become one for concern, when bombs start flying, the markets will really start to react. I think the Countries choice to send these bombs on a friday night was a calculated effort to limit the knee jerk market reactions as 48 hours is a lot of time for everyone to see how it plays out.

MKDWgwwO5TEYC4DfrsKsmA9pJdOaVEiJFB5U4CPtYCWh799lej5wy4nzb0DPJkeyKTh31HNEL1ypnGTt36aOJPbXCIkBCzsNA963WyzQPagXnjeYZCFhfT7WLfShiIIzzNQnwEar

https://imgflip.com/i/u7y74

In light of recent events, first anyone who stacks should be feeling a little reassurance that they have a hedge that most people do not in the event things go a little crazy. Second it is time to get prepared, because it is better to have a plan you never need then need a plan you never had. We took a physical inventory of our stack and verified our spreadsheet so we were sure we know what we have and where it is at. Next, we reviewed our security, as times get uncertain you have to be sure your ready for anything. Finally we verified our food and other preps, including servicing our generator and verifying fuel storage. We have chosen to store our preps and stack our silver in case of any issues, although you can’t be ready for everything at least it is a great peace of mind to know we tried and we have given our family a little edge.

L-IiNXnEgfL-iBEzjPRaJi4tn-jGOys7M35r-SdsSFXcHsTbFw9EhTqZZtFxKgVYLpAxJ4l0Otgq3sBW62ggnFDL0xEIZpQcH_sokiDS86g05OEYr7nl-ahENktBIPkcWqHxWixl

wwXR8jyEdTdy8jTfgfz-a9z7ikvUB_gIVj8QZu8sN4oty_lT4ozlgGR6gxqNkV7qWooXX_Zof51F6el_uQd7pv3LtIED9132leDrtOlOJOFUwdzv0B9WzwArKjlTeZdg9lfqxK-Z

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/847732329830761829/

Are you as prepared as you would like to be? Did you change any of your plans or step up the stacking due to recent events? I would love  to hear your thoughts…

Thanks for reading and Happy stacking!

pUY3FPPEVwWuCUbmxb1HbLzdS6LIMzNS6tVZ8xXPqx5JdoiCJT0N9JTzxOv3THEaKClBtuad8Fi1mZBy_ntGBJQICUPsSmdHnn-KtTsQp6ST8zagBBZRymYdG-XuvZdyxcP6DCi8

i dont think their will much market reaction the attack was limited ,no russian assets targeted .the west and russia have not got into a shooting war so i think the market will be business as usual

The S&P500 gapped up at the open of trading tonight. The metals opened flat and then got thumped down. What else could we expect in a rigged market.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Doesn’t everyone jock up their dog with a tactical vest in preparation for SHTF?

I'm not sure why I love that so much.

Maybe because your dog now has a handle on its back that you can carry it with.

LOL

Looking at your whole Financial plan not just stacking, how big of a part of metal is your plan?

9l8Kmwjp2I45Ac4_8f9bHdyjSXrQ-y4r6rcheGFe-em-32zra7ITOdPg1OwvkKgx1osyb883kSL_4JIw7XL3FXrxT2R8lvp8bHWiKXZEpOeifOxLLOLAUvqqyAKM5Q1bPahmNWGx

https://cnsteem.com/steemsilvergold/@silverstackeruk/a-few-silver-stacking-memes-for-your-entertainment-just-for-fun-pt54-212

There are so many options and opinions on how to save, Some play the stock market, some with Crypto, many have a 401K that they really don’t know how it works but they watch the statements not go up the way they thought. Real estate is another tangible in your hands investment but usually the bank becomes involved and we all know they certainly are not trying to help you build wealth but keep you in debt to them so they can retire. Everyone here in the USA has Social Security deducted from their paychecks, and that to me is one of the riskiest investments out there, and with no early withdrawal option or the ability to choose your risk comfort level like you can with the work 401k, I have come to think of the money deducted as a charitable contribution, if by some slim chance i ever see that money again I will feel good knowing it did end up with someone needy-me! LOL

SPP36X6jYL6uEhrvBE6_MRKmSwDcBZxWduyn1pmIGoTlxeMJrT2fuvwdNB-X8HRMrrjKI-MOzPehg5bg6bjbE90mlSeMo2ZSCa2b9TLYL-QeSG5j3HyiMOfPiinsM506xI3ipBdw

Our financial plan has changed over the 28 years we have been married but the end game has been the same, to create a life that we can be comfortable and happy and see our kids and grandkids happy too.

Is your current financial plan going to take you to the results you hope?

Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Sunday! It is time again for us to discuss metal plans, stacking strategy and goals.

We had a good week and have added a few more grams of Gold to our stack along with some more melting metal, we are very happy with our progress and feel that our goals are on track to being met. How is your plan holding up? Have you had to make any changes? Are you focusing on something special you are stacking? For us we are still stacking Gold as our main stack, mainly due to storage ease as we also have to store our melting metal, pieces in progress and completed pieces,

Last week I talked about the importance of making someone knows the full scope of your stack and it’s real value so that your heirs really get what you leave them, This is a tough call on letting someone know what you have with balancing security of your stack. Too many people know and it could be an issue, ideally the one you tell should be the one that will receive it or at the least distribute.

I briefly talked about estate planning so the government doesn’t take a large share, and so I did a little more research and learned the United States Federal government imposes an estate tax not an inheritance tax, this means the estate pays these taxes before the balance is distributed to the heirs.If an asset is left to a spouse or a federally recognized charity, the tax usually does not apply. And there is a federal gift amount that is exempt that changes year by year. It was $5.5 Million on 2017 but More than doubled for 2018 and is currently $11.8 Million. In addition, Some states do impose the inheritance tax Currently in the United States, 12 states and DC have some form of an estate tax here is a list I found(https://www.jrcinsurancegroup.com/the-complete-list-of-states-with-estate-taxes-updated-for-2018/) purely from google search and do not endorse anyone on this subject, i am just sharing my thoughts and journey as I research. This lists each state that currently charges estate taxes and the dollar amount of the state’s exemption to help you determine if your heirs are facing an additional estate tax liability. Keeping in mind this is for the total estate not just the precious metal values.

• Connecticut – $2,600,000

• District of Columbia – $11,200,000

• Hawaii – $11,200,000

• Illinois – $4,000,000

• Oregon – $1,000,000

• Maine – $11,200,000

• Maryland – $4,000,000

• Massachusetts – $1,000,000

• Minnesota – $2,400,000

• New York – $5,250,000

• Rhode Island – $1,537,656

• Vermont – $2,750,000

• Washington – $2,193,000

Luckily for most people the exemptions are high enough so it is not an issue but reviewing this sooner rather than later is a good idea, especially if you live in any of the states listed above. And Each state has a different structure and fee schedule so you should check that out also For example, Pennsylvania imposes an inheritance tax in the form of a percentage of the value of a decedent's estate. Rates vary depending on your relationship to the decedent. Interestingly, Spouses and any children under 21 don't pay the tax, however direct descendants(ie, Grandchidren)  pay 4.5 percent, siblings pay 12 percent and unrelated people pay 15 percent. This is all something you should consider when planning your legacy, unless your entire treasure is lost at sea in a boating accident(which happens a lot I have heard) it is best to minimize the loss to your heirs and plan for what their taxes could be.  

In Comparison the USA is the 4th highest estate taxes globally as shown in the table provided by https://taxfoundation.org/estate-and-inheritance-taxes-around-world/

Table 1. Top Estate or Inheritance Tax Rates to Lineal Heirs in the OECD

Ranking

Country

Tax Rate

Japan

55%

South Korea

50%

France

45%

United Kingdom

40%

United States

40%

Spain

34%

Ireland

33%

Belgium

30%

Germany

30%

Chile

25%

So if you are reading this no matter where you live, it would be wise to spend a few minutes on a little research and for some of you to get a professional consultant to make sure things are in order. Most importantly always store your metal on your Boat!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9bc4e49a8b998bcda5c48fdbbc3276ca/tenor.gif?itemid=8040162

z4czMSPZGAqZS8W4eo_17UuHwz8Jh7cqez8uRMqwG7v_fm6BGl3hJdMQVXzjEfPC7Jnwb31r8zXeP23AtCjl0yUgSU6IAtGCu6Roi7EgKGPfQVX8vZhhlV4WIEyNOdcsTvYk-jZ-

Thanks for Reading and Happy Stacking!

This is why many older Japanese people give any inheritance to their family while they are still alive. The recipient(s) can therefore use it to buy a property etc or some such asset/investment etc, use it for the kids' education, healthcare etc., or fritter it away as they wish.....it avoids the 55% in favour of an 8% consumption tax. Sometimes, grandparents leave the inheritance to the grandchildren as a way of protecting it from bad sons or daughters. My missus got a lump sum over a decade ago and she wisely used it to take a big chunk out of a property and mortgaged the rest to get a tax break each year. That is now all paid off and the property owned outright and being rented out in a very populated area, so the decline of the Japanese population will have zero effect on us in terms of rent streams.

What is interesting is that by 2020, over half the population will be over 50, so there is a huge burden on pensions and healthcare coming now. Many older people will be spending the money on old folks' homes/care homes or on fun things to do, if still active.

To get this into perspective, several decades ago or less, 4 working Japanese people could carry the burden of 1 pensioner's payments. Now, 1 Japanese working person has to shoulder the burden of 4 pensioners' payments......quite a reversal. And that fact is officially taught to the kids in Social Studies at schools.

Happy Sunday! This is Dixiesilvergirl with Sunday Night Metal Chat, I have been talking about our metal Goals and happy to say we are steady adding gold to our stack, waiting on a new mail call as i type!  I have also spoke about how you can leave your stack for your family when you pass, What if you have no one that will take care of the stack or know how to liquidate it or maybe you have noone you want to leave it too. Have you thought about how you could liquidate it and maybe take an awesome vacation or move somewhere you have always wanted to, your plan for your stack maybe for it to pay for your retirement. You need to be sure you have a plan on how you will sell and what your responsibility in taxes could be if you do.

I have seen tons of articles online on how to sell your gold, like this one:

https://www.kiplinger.com/article/saving/T015-C000-S002-smart-ways-to-sell-your-gold.html

MTk_QU4tJcrmdUHgxlJFMX621-b_WO_e1aXQJiUtCgHie4r5MKbqJeJ5ySfmmPkQKSpq_R1XsY63jmXItYYJNrON5HqEDw-e2ga9q_PIrm6ANhU2wfxcC8wrmwJdTpUxqtG0Cjdp

It is important to know capital gains laws and be sure you do what you can to keep as much in your pocket for the fun you have planned!

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/taxes/capital-gains-tax-rates/

Many countries have laws in place and no matter where you live you should check out the laws to be sure,

https://taxfoundation.org/us-taxpayers-face-6th-highest-top-marginal-capital-gains-tax-rate-oecd/

I would love to hear if your plans and if you have considered any of these consequences if you are going to use your stack as your retirement income.

Thanks for reading and Happy stacking!

44 minutes ago, dixiesilvergirl said:

You need to be sure you have a plan on how you will sell and what your responsibility in taxes could be if you do.

I could never shake the feeling that the metals i buy with what is left over after the taxman has already chopped, hacked, sliced and diced his way through my earnings, is mine, 100%. Using these leftovers, i buy the metal and accept and carry all the risks involved. I see my responsibility to keep everything as far under the official radar as possible. :ph34r::)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok forget all the talk of metal plans and strategy for a minute, today after seeing a post on Reddit where the OP asked for pics of everyone’s favorite silver for their birthday, I realized that one of the best parts of stacking is finding a piece that makes you think WOW that is awesome. So I thought it would be a lot of fun to to ask everyone to show us their favorite that they own and/or their favorite they want to own.   For me my favorite seems to change on a regular basis but that is not only because I have a front row seat to the creations my husband is making but that on a daily basis you can go onto the internet and find something new that you have never seen before.Here is my current favorite piece

ccS7LaESjhlo8-8XZvLcGU4yR_oY9a8ByDnsu_pPqEMDGXHl8d4hWO9wsGfjCmbb4uI3ANWYjTckZDQJDcTxIZg_Aydowt6X8JDFmloJhZOl1rfii3WS40bphmRtSJPe6E5KOtpY

But the list of items that I want to own is very long with so many talented craftsmans and the large mints making art rounds and bars, it is so hard to decide what to get next.

So go ahead and show me your favorites! Maybe we will all find something to add to or wish list.

Thank you and happy stacking!

i went to BYB's website today - i ordered a seahorse from him (not for me). i saw his latest silver, very appealing.

IMG_20180524_125519.jpg

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Happy Sunday all! Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s!  We spend a lot of time talking about our stacking plans and we have talked about leaving a legacy, about passing it down to our kids, grandkids and their kids. But is that enough if you don’t pass the knowledge of the metal along to your kids too? First i am going to start with the definition of a Father:Fa·ther ˈfäT͟Hər noun
a man who has begotten a child;

synonyms: dad; pop, pa, dada, papa; old man, patriarch, paterfamilias

"his mother and father"

This is a very basic definition, but being a Dad just because you can make a baby is not how it works,  being a Father comes with a lot more than this and is a job can be done by another but it is a job for life. Most everyone spends their life with an image of their Father whether it is good, bad or nonexistent and it shapes everything you do in life. When you become a Father everything you do becomes the image your child will carry.

aGUkkXwTjQF2blRSwtt1oU0U2fLu67XkkRJOq7zEJwYsciPU376yguNKD8ZkCRNOExwrdRQDOX0rXVkf0jKhyPwqQ9nNpG_4MiFD2HNy7OqWMORzKddjYWZnnGlN_WHoAybF05Kf

There are so many things you can teach your child, your beliefs, what is right , what is wrong, your trade and life lessons. As they get older don’t be afraid to let them see your mistakes, or how you struggle with decisions this is how they learn and understand that the best way to be a Father is to do your best and never quit trying. Take the time to enjoy the moment no matter who you are with but especially your father and or children this is a very special bond and should be appreciated every day not just this hallmark holiday once a year.

I am lucky to have been married to an amazing man and today we are celebrating fathers day for the 25th year, we were so young when we started this but he has been an amazing man that works through his growth as he helps our 3 boys grow. Every day he works for our family, in so many ways and now that our oldest has become a father it is amazing to see him helping our son become the father he wants to be.

O5u8U8aaTKRLUsPrMwX2p7-2aKCCeOzreAGB5QhnAPgfJKwMLEZbTwDq0cZyfsi9xD7Wf9_p43Rj6FXUu-irTk_Se9M1_3nTjMSUsPWmnCrjjstIkJ7ztoYOKbntlSBjDxTJ5hVb

The circle of life has been spinning for ever and we are all just a small part of it. Make your mark, there are so many ways and teaching your kids how to be able to take care of themselves is a great way to do that. Teach them about metal and real money, take the time to share what you know and why we have the items in your stack, help them to be able to grow the stack and build their legacy. I know many of you don’t tell anyone about their stack for security but how secure is it if when your family gets it they don’t know what it is? Teach your children to think for themselves and to question everything, this is one of the greatest gifts you can give.

Thanks for Reading and Happy stacking!

Archived