• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone knows a good London coin shop with US coins?

StackerCollector

Hi mate,

My friend was in London at the weekend and popped into a place called Philip Cohen NUMISMATICS and he confirmed to me that they had old US coins in there.  20 Cecil Court, WC2N 4HE.

It's near Leicester Sq station.

I've only seen some at Reading Collectibles in Reading and MJ Hughes Coins in Alton, Hampshire.  

I do love old US constitutional silver I have to say.

If you're there on Saturday it could be worth checking out the coin market just outside Embankment Station. Come out the station from the left exit and next to the Starbucks is a blue board advertising it. Go down the stairs and its in the underground car park. They have around 20 stalls, half selling coins and the rest are banknotes/stamps. They pack up at around 1pm so get there early.

Also as the other poster above me said, Philip Cohen Numismatics is a good shop near Leicester Square. I've bought some gold coins of him recently and found him a nice pleasant man to deal with. He gets there around midday so maybe have a look after the coin fair?

There is the Gold Coin Exchange just around the corner on Charing Cross Road. I've bought from there before a long time ago but the owner said something that made me a bit weary so haven't been back.

I found a new shop opposite the British Museum but I haven't been in yet. They have a lot of old coins in the window. I believe at the weekend they close at 2pm.  

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:13, StackerCollector said:

Fantastic info! Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.

I'll definitely be at the coin market at the Embankment Station on Saturday and check out Philip's store!

StackerCollector, when you get the chance to visit them both, please let us know what you think and whether you believe they are worth the trip also.

The coin market at charring cross is worth visiting,  I am a regular visitor there. 

Hoping to make a  visit tomorrow (subject to transport). One of the dealers usually has plenty of US coins available, I can also vouch for Philip Cohen numismatic shop near leicester square. I have bought some gold from him before and is always a pleasure to deal with.

The Bloomsbury coin fair is on tomorrow, it starts at 9.30 as is near the British musuem. Address is Bloomsbury Hotel, 16-22 Great Russell Street.

Went to the coin market in the garage at Embankment this Saturday. Nice folk there, got one Franklin proof half dollar.

And then I checked out Philip Cohen's store. Splendid bloke, just didn't have what I was looking for at the moment. But I'll be checking in regularly.

On 06/07/2018 at 22:31, TerryGriffiths said:

The coin market at charring cross is worth visiting,  I am a regular visitor there. 

Hoping to make a  visit tomorrow (subject to transport). One of the dealers usually has plenty of US coins available, I can also vouch for Philip Cohen numismatic shop near leicester square. I have bought some gold from him before and is always a pleasure to deal with.

The Bloomsbury coin fair is on tomorrow, it starts at 9.30 as is near the British musuem. Address is Bloomsbury Hotel, 16-22 Great Russell Street.

Ahhhh..... missed the Bloomsbury coin fair! I'll put the next one in my calendar. Thanks for the tip!

Archived