• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

WHEN SILVER/GOLD BECOMES ART

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I wouldnt be surprised if is was carved first then a mould made, if you could see the back it would give a clue.

It looks like it's moulded. The colour looks a bit duller in the middle for some reason.

20180822_224703-1.thumb.jpg.a705dd207b3b72471f2737be5dac59f6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Small gold figurines purchased from 2 well known jewelry chains on a trip to Hong Kong. The figurines are 24K gold, hollow inside and are priced based on total gold weight +premium. Came with COA and specs. Figurines are:

Year of the Snake

Anniversary (featuring an old Asian Couple)

Feng Shui (3-legged Money Toad)

Year of the Ox

image_zps5di5u4ah.jpeg

7 hours ago, trozau said:

Small gold figurines purchased from 2 well known jewelry chains on a trip to Hong Kong. The figurines are 24K gold, hollow inside and are priced based on total gold weight +premium. Came with COA and specs. Figurines are:

Year of the Snake

Year of the Ox

image_zps5di5u4ah.jpeg

They are cute why does the toad only have three legs ?

2 hours ago, SILVERFINGER said:

They are cute why does the toad only have three legs ?

The money frog also called the three-legged toad or money toad comes from Chinese folklore. According to the legend, a wife of one of the eight immortals stole the elixir of immortality and drank it, turning her into a toad. Instead of two hind legs, the toad has the tail of the tadpole. Frogs and toads are associated with water, which is symbolic of wealth. It is common for a money frog to have a coin in its mouth, as an offering for the owner or the household where the frog resides.

17 hours ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I really like these domed gold Aussie coins that have informative scenes on them.

The boxes they come in are lovely too.

Here is them making them and some lucky owner unboxing.

This would be one of those coins where I wouldn't get it as of now because of its high premium, but I will at least say that it is a very well designed and beautiful coin.

25 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

WTF is that, Toady out of Wind In the Willows :lol: , love the gold one above it.

I concur that the Money Toad coin would only attract a very few Feng Shui diehards.

The 2009 US $20 Ultra High Relief St Gaudens Double Eagle 24K gold coin has held its premium over the initial US Mint release price.

19 hours ago, trozau said:

Year of the Snake

Year of the Ox

image_zps5di5u4ah.jpeg

I'm a big fan of the figurines from the Far East.  I have some of the Star Wars ones myself but those carry a licensing premium :(

Alfredo, because you linked those pictures to a inline account, which is linked to multiple social media accounts ... let's say remove the link bud for your own safety. 

I LOVE your collection, 

41 minutes ago, jonrms said:

Alfredo, because you linked those pictures to a inline account, which is linked to multiple social media accounts ... let's say remove the link bud for your own safety. 

I LOVE your collection, 

Which ones should I delete? If unable, can the moderators edit my posts to unlink? Don't want to cause or get in trouble. The Mucha wallpapers, I use as phone background pics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some great pieces in here. I stumbled on this coin in a random search and it has quickly become a real favourite that I can only dream of adding in to my collection. It is such a simple idea that has just been executed brilliantly and was released as part of the Canada 150 celebrations in 2017

14 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Some great pieces in here. I stumbled on this coin in a random search and it has quickly become a real favourite that I can only dream of adding in to my collection. It is such a simple idea that has just been executed brilliantly and was released as part of the Canada 150 celebrations in 2017

Oh man that is fantastic, thats a new one to me

Archived