• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

WHEN SILVER/GOLD BECOMES ART

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Sorry, but it looks like an ornately plattered vegetable jello mold my grandmother would make us kids eat...because that’s healthy.

It does look good enough to eat, a bit of whipped cream to cover the silver bits

2 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Rather lovely. Not cheap! There is another one which is my favourite but of course I can't find a picture of it at the moment. Wouldn't mind owning any of them.

Not sure what it's called. I'd call it, 'Indigenous Australia'.

s-l1600.jpg

'Discovery of Australia'

s-l1600.jpg

Oh wow that is fantastic, that has got to be the best thing I seen all this week,  I would be tempted to buy something like that of the UK.

18 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Thinking of returning next year having lived there for years. Got more than one passport so makes things easy. Better quality of life there imho, not so much crime unlike the daily events here. A couple of my kids still live there, so another reason.

One sentence, scorpions, red back spiders, giant huntsman spider, western brown snakes, poisonous cane toads, crocodiles, invisible microscopic deadly irukandji jellyfish, box jellyfish, great white sharks (though I love sharks) stingrays, dingos, feral people, neighbours and other stuff I cant think of that wants to eat, sting, bite, claw, rob you.

Would love to go and study the wildlife, but not live there.

Man up!

Nothing wrong with turning around in the shower to find an 8 inch huntsman looking at you! They won't bite you.

Never seen a scorpion in Australia. Cane toads are the pits, I've seen kids use them as hockey puks! Like the rabbit, they were imported by some well intenitoned misguided person and multiplied out of control.

The other things, you just use common sense and don't swim where you shouldn't. Pools are safer? But if you have no common sense, then you are likely to be harmed wherever you are?

Feral people, well aren't they all around us anyway. I think if you read the popular press you will find that they are.  Just look at the popularity of various tv shows (I don't watch tv at home) and the following various media has!

Neighbours - tv, or people? Same same.

You forgot the  kangaroo, kookaburra, koala (very remiss for a SF member!). 

Better quality of life, better weather (25 C at the moment, not bad for winter eh, where I live in Oz anyway, near Australia Zoo although Steve Irwin didn't like sting rays in the end ?), beaches galore, less crime, far cleaner, roads in better condition, less people, great food and drink - need I go on. Not perfect by a long way.. but ....

Each to their own.

I saw this in a pawnshops window yesterday and fell in love with it. There is one downside when 'stacking' is that you look at everything on it's silver value. This only weighs around 20g and I thought that the £34 tag was a little expensive... but I got it anyway!

20180819_195633.thumb.jpg.661b4a8566dc3700f76194878866d901.jpg

On 19/08/2018 at 21:21, Money2Metal said:

I saw this in a pawnshops window yesterday and fell in love with it. There is one downside when 'stacking' is that you look at everything on it's silver value. This only weighs around 20g and I thought that the £34 tag was a little expensive... but I got it anyway!

20180819_195633.thumb.jpg.661b4a8566dc3700f76194878866d901.jpg

How do  you think this is made.

Hand made 

Pressed.

I like it.. even if not my type of subject

Archived