• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Lindeman

CRYPTO : Today I bought.....

Well - a couple of days ago, as i was bravely / stupidly trying to time the bottom, 1 BTC and 15 LTC.  

Wish me luck! I am hoping that we see a nice late summer rally like in 2017 but i have absolutely no real data on which to base that hope.  We need volume, Big institutional / pension fund money and finally FOMO all to kick in (in that order!) 

lindeman 

So far so good, but atill not convinced this is not a “dead cat bounce”. 

HH - i usually buy on Kraken or GDAX and then store on a Ledger Nano S. Also on KuCoin, Bittrex and OKex for some of the more exotic Alts ( ie the ones that i have lost 90% on ?). Still HODLing through with an altfolio i bought last summer / fall.  

Optimistic for the coming months- but smarter about my exit points this time. 

10 hours ago, Swatrfc said:

Don’t chase the bottom it rarely works. Buy low sell high as long as you make a profit that’s all that matters. Don’t let your emotions trade. I’m sure you’ll do great.

Sure - basic stuff like in any asset class. This is nothing to do with emotion - its based on confidence in the potential of blockchain technology and technical analysis of the cyclical nature of the crypto bull and bear runs.  We have had a correction essentially of the same magnitude as previous years, so its a reasonable expectation that we will swing up again.  

2 hours ago, Lea79 said:

I’m contemplating buying some more neo.  I’m still holding from the crash.  How’s every1 fairing? Have you sold it all.  Chris, I noticed the bitforum is closed? I’ve been away for a while lol

NEO does look like pocket money prices right now.

I do keep checking for progress on NEO 3.0 on github   

https://github.com/neo-project/neo/milestone/1?closed=1

1 hour ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Ive been thinking about buying bitcoin but every time I’ve looked its tanked even more lol. Is it dead or is it worth a punt!?

I think buy a small amount compared to what u can afford and if it keeps dropping buy some more increments. If it rises and you miss out on purchasing atleast u have some that has made money

Still neo mad here, core holding is neo, but also have a fair amount of TKY, SWTH and AVA, and a few LX and NOS - my crypto is almost all in the NEO smart economy,  apart from 75 waves thats it!

SWTH - Switcheo - Kick ass DEX with very active devs , now has eth support as well as neo with qtum on the way. 

AVA - travala - working project in the hotel rental sector

TKY - Chinese identity verification tool with big ambitions. 

Edited by Madstacks

I got some BTC near my predicted low of $32?? USD

I feel this is a nice accumulation zone with big buyers in the $2900 - $3000 area

It felt good to call this crash down from very near the top and gives me greater confidence in the method I use

I got sick of guessing and losing money on terrible coins - losing money and feeding your kids is an excellent motivator to do your best work and use all your skills 

Confirmation of this at a low is BTC at $3750 according to some T A guy I don't follow 

Bears do appear in control from right now from a T A perspective so perhaps if you are cautious you could wait and see

Just my opinions: Not financial advice

Cheers

Vern

In the past bitcoin has pulled back to previous highs so I'm not ruling out the $1100 - $1300 area but I'd rather see a decent bounce back up to $6000 (at least first).

I keep hearing that people are currently moving out of the more the speculative markets but I wonder what would happen to the btc price if we see another financial crash and they unleash QE again.

I bought a few more Litecoin last few weeks as it went back to the price it was when I started buying initially, £100 got you 3 Litecoin, I bought at this then it went 4 for £100 so I bought more and if it had gone 5 for £100 I would have bought more yet but every time it gets close it takes that little bouce back up.  I'm going to hold until September and the Litecoin halfing and if it's not back up after this then I'm just going to buy metals with the lot.

13 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

I bought a few more Litecoin last few weeks as it went back to the price it was when I started buying initially, £100 got you 3 Litecoin, I bought at this then it went 4 for £100 so I bought more and if it had gone 5 for £100 I would have bought more yet but every time it gets close it takes that little bouce back up.  I'm going to hold until September and the Litecoin halfing and if it's not back up after this then I'm just going to buy metals with the lot.

Ive been thinking about the halving too as it will give a bit of a signal how the btc halving will play out in May 2020.

Aug is a while away to have too much tied up but I'll see how it goes.   The maximum satoshi profit could be to sell a month or so back to btc before the halving.  You'd need to watch how the hype grows and whether you'll need to front-run the front-runners.

Also the ETH Constantinople fork should be around Jan 16th.   This upgrade include a reward reduction from 3ETH per block to 2ETH... so a twothirdening?  Ive got my eye on this now to see if hype starts to brew.

Current price   ETH/BTC  0.0262     ETH/USD $90