• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 proof britannia

stevelo1973

On 12/07/2018 at 18:39, ChrisF said:

You are a star I wish I knew this after sending my last 2 proof QBs back because they both fell out the caps and had spots.  I've never received any postage back from the RM even though I've phoned up many times to get reimbursed.  I'll be getting the freepost address the next time for sure when when i order this coin and gets delivered looking like terrible.   I prefer to be disappointed now so I wont be disappointed with the quality once I have it in hand ?

I arranged my latest return in advance with an agreement that they'd reimburse postage and they put a note on my account. Lo and behold I got the refund for the coins but not the postage! It only took one phonecall to clear up and I got my money back, if I'd had to ask again I'd escalate it to complaints. Must be worth a try? I definitely feel much happier about sending stuff back insured under SD than via Freepost (even with recorded delivery added).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Seasider said:

It seems they cannot be selling well.  I have just seen a TV ad for them.  Has the Royal Mint ever done a TV ad for a coin before?

I did think it was interesting to see an ad, but I wouldn’t have thought the RM would have gone to all that effort of creating an advert because they weren’t doing well.

I’m guessing they were testing the water.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

They did the same for the paddington bear...they have been coming up with a whole bunch of trendy new products etc so I think there must be a funky few new graduated/middle class art/marketing middleaged or younger  students must have joined recently.

Lol marketing is marketing. Personally I think TV advertising is a little outdated, so I’d say it’s more like some older execs trying to impress. I see more online ads for the RMB than I do the RM for some reason.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine yesterday from @TheCoinConnection , very well packaged  , they had placed a couple of coin rings under the capsule so it didn't move in transit and the coin is spotless. Tenner cheaper than the mint as well . 

The coin looks much nicer in the hand than the pics . I think it's really nice

On 31/07/2018 at 22:47, FFkook said:

Wow, I like this coin very much! Personally think it is beautiful... Too bad is is only proof available... And that's not my kind of "cookie"...

Don't worry, it may turn out to be popular then the RM will stick it on anything and everything.

Archived