• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 proof britannia

stevelo1973

the 2018 proof britannia i released on monday 2nd july. i know some dealers are actively promoting this to ready buyers. my question is has anyone seen the design or been told what it is? and what people opinions on the range. i apart from the 2014 we have not had another hit really. i loved the 2016 version but that didn't do much either. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The helmet and background are very well done, if the face was prettier it would be really really nice 

I like it, probably not enough to buy one, but it's one of the better Britannias id say

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I like it! Nicest one for a while. Looks quite a contemporary face. A nice one to grade me thinks!

looks like the coin collection is going to make a sale, unless anyone knows it going cheaper elsewhere?

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

16 minutes ago, creative said:

I like it! Nicest one for a while. Looks quite a contemporary face. A nice one to grade me thinks!

looks like the coin collection is going to make a sale, unless anyone knows it going cheaper elsewhere?

It will likely be cheaper (after postage) to buy from the Royal Mint using topcashback for 4.2% off

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

It will likely be cheaper (after postage) to buy from the Royal Mint using topcashback for 4.2% off

Good shout.

It’s a little more expensive with the RM, but actually it’s easy if I have an issue so I’ve placed my order.

Also lower mintage than the 2017 coin...if they stick to it

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

A pleasant enough design. She has a slightly pinched face but this is Britannia and not a hound from Hell. Nice touch with the national symbols and the oak leaves and acorns interspersed. The sun rays from behind the proper clouds (as opposed to the usual chem trails) is slightly styalised but since it is not dominant in the scene, it works.

An interest coin and worthy of mention - for positive reasons.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

55 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Are they not doing it in bullion? I could only find it in proof

Yes, its a shame isn't it?  I've been looking into the Britannia gold recently and seems a few years ago they dropped the changes from the bullion.  You have the standard Britannia image on bullion or the yearly design only as proofs.  Which priced at over twice spot for 1/4 and sets over a grand, are a bit too much imo :unsure: 

10 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

The Britannia 2018 UK One Ounce Silver Proof Coin rev tone - ukp56067.png

I really, really, like it.  Very similar style to my favourite - 2010, but much better relief and definition.  After my 2017 Sovereign experiences it takes a lot for me to even consider a RM purchase.

31 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

After my 2017 Sovereign experiences it takes a lot for me to even consider a RM purchase.

I agree with that. It’s got to be a decent design for me to consider RM proof purchases. Bullion I’m happy with, but I’ve been disappointed in the past with more premium coins.

2 hours ago, creative said:

Good shout.

It’s a little more expensive with the RM, but actually it’s easy if I have an issue so I’ve placed my order.

I like Coin Connection because I've spoken to the owner and I know just how dedicated they are to sending out quality coins. Unlike some other companies they check what they send, so returns to the Mint should be sorted out before they even get to you. Saves the hassle of sending back to the Mint and then waiting for a refund or a replacement :)

3 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Yeah the royal mint should of not sent a proof coin out like that, shows a lack of care and professionalism for their supposedly premier products.

They are completely incompetent, I wouldn't trust many of their staff to make me a cup of tea.

Quite a few dealers I am friends with who sell their products say they have more returns due to bad quality or they just give up and sell them as seconds to cut their losses as its less hassle having to send them back all the time.

Archived