• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Storage of your stack

Bagenz

Hi, In just over a month I seem to have gone from a collector to a stacker, im just over the 100oz now and im starting to realise sticking them in my bedside drawer is not great, 

Can anybody sugest good ways of storing them, like a wooden spice rack type thing or  some small rack,

I ordered the wooden box for the 10oz queens beasts that looks pretty nice.

I will also be getting a few proofs graded and be sitting those out.

Thanks

Bagenz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collectable high premium items - home safe or hidden out of sight or if you’ve got some extra quid a bank safety box or a few depending on the size of your collection ?

low preumim investment grade bullion - keep a nice stash close by in case of an emergency sell out & the rest off site 7 feet under ?

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

23 minutes ago, Big23 said:

Do you just want to store or hide it?

For just storing I bought empty Masterboxes they are robust, small and not too pricey :)

That masterbox looks pretty good, its more for storage than hiding as I didnt realise how much I would get hooked, I will have my favourite coins on my desk the rest I can store.

Hopefully 1 masterbox will last me a while

Bagenz

Yes when i started a couple of months ago i bought a coin collection case for 72 oz  ....... Guess what ...yes i need more just over 120 oz's and climbing .Everyone on the Forum told me about this silver fever ,and it is getting worse because i have bought my first Sov ......oh no here we go again...? lol

I have a large gun safe a standard safe and I have a small wooden treasure chest that just fits inside either of these.

Hopefully this chest will be future proof, but I might let my daughter have this for her coins and get the next size up in the future, where I got this from they have every style, size, wood and prices to suit, this one only cost me around £30

DSCN0507.thumb.JPG.52ed2697db4edffbdb1cd6c198959bf1.JPG

DSCN0511.thumb.JPG.b96298553cca65930f1412cce4a4d5fa.JPG

4 hours ago, Big23 said:

For just storing I bought empty Masterboxes they are robust, small and not too pricey :)

Where do you buy these from? I want one as I think they look pretty cool. I've seen some for sale, but they're about £30.

I've got 3 envelopes each with a small pack of dissicant gel one envelope containing JM bars another containing random bars and the other with Morgan's and 0.925 coins in a rather basic safe which I may be looking to upgrade at some point.

With my last order from GS.be they used a cardboard box als filler in the larger package. It's a nice rectangular box just high enough for the width of a coins with dividers in it. So far it's big enough for my stack and it slides in between anything pretty easy. I think if I need more space I'll try to find another one.

6 hours ago, Big23 said:

yes!!!!!!!!!!! I know where u live ?

I am going to walk to ur place 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

6 hours ago, Bagenz said:

Hi, In just over a month I seem to have gone from a collector to a stacker, im just over the 100oz now and im starting to realise sticking them in my bedside drawer is not great, 

Bagenz

Surely Bagenzes keeps everything in its pocketses my precious?

On a more serious note best stay away from Sovs!

4 hours ago, Captdeano said:

Everyone on the Forum told me about this silver fever ,and it is getting worse because i have bought my first Sov ......oh no here we go again...? lol

Oh blimey another one bites the dust...see?

:o

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Surely Bagenzes keeps everything in its pocketses my precious?

On a more serious note best stay away from Sovs!

Oh blimey another one bites the dust...see?

:o

You are soooo right

2 hours ago, Bullionaire said:

Where do you buy these from? I want one as I think they look pretty cool. I've seen some for sale, but they're about £30.

One shop in Vienna sells them for 5-6 EUR :) 

7 hours ago, Bagenz said:

Can anybody sugest good ways of storing them, like a wooden spice rack type thing or  some small rack,

I also went to my local hardware store, they offer a service to cut wood for free if you buy it there. So a nice box only cost 10-12 EUR and I only had to screw it together (can I say this in English or does it mean something dirty? :D ).

12 minutes ago, Big23 said:

One shop in Vienna sells them for 5-6 EUR :) 

I'm in Budapest at the minute, so not a million miles away, but sadly I'm traveling home tomorrow so won't be able to 'pop' in for a box :(

2 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

I'm in Budapest at the minute, so not a million miles away, but sadly I'm traveling home tomorrow so won't be able to 'pop' in for a box :(

Damn... Delivery is pretty expensive, about 20EUR as they are not that small...

They do have a shop in Budapest as well but don't know if boxes are available there:

https://goldvorsorge.at/37-0-Impressum.html

19 minutes ago, Big23 said:

I also went to my local hardware store, they offer a service to cut wood for free if you buy it there. So a nice box only cost 10-12 EUR and I only had to screw it together (can I say this in English or does it mean something dirty? :D ).

yep, WOOD is a dirty word in English

38 minutes ago, greendragon said:

yep, WOOD is a dirty word in English

Nonsense! Wood is a damn good 'woody' word, as solid as they come sir or I shall fight you at dawn and my pistols shall be drawn aforehand, ye gads!

'Yep' though - the good Lord help us and try to deliver us! :o 'Yep' is an awful 'tinny' word, horribly tinny, awfully tinny...makes my blood crawl...wash your mouth out young man or ye shall die twice in the morn! :o

Archived