• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1959 20 pesos

SilverFlame

Next question would be if it's even worth acquiring?? Trying to figure out my first gold buy. Looking at pandas, sovs, pesos, lunar coins.... Gov coins. It's all pretty. And probably all a good buy. So I guess I have to choose my personal preference. 

It's a wonderful coin. Got mine here.

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/gold-20-pesos

It depends on wether you have your stacking or collecting head on I guess. There are lower premium coins obviously but if you have to have one...

9 minutes ago, SilverFlame said:

I'm not that experienced looking for gold coins in Europe

You are from Denmark, right? I'd consider it as 'Europe' ;)

German might be a problem, yeah but many shops have an English version available.

11 minutes ago, Big23 said:

You are from Denmark, right? I'd consider it as 'Europe' ;)

German might be a problem, yeah but many shops have an English version available.

Indeed. To specify, looking for gold coins is very new to me. So I was not aware of the linked page. But have been browsing it for a while now. And yes it seems easy to use. 

Again my difficulty is choosing where to start. 

6 minutes ago, SilverFlame said:

Again my difficulty is choosing where to start.

I know what you mean. You want to buy something but are not sure what's the best choice. As it is an expensive hobby you don't want to buy something 'wrong'. For the beginning just buy what looks good to you and, except you want more expensive collector items, has a small premium. With time you will end up buying more anyways and as you learn about the 'coin market' you will always find new stuff to add to your stack or collection :)

20 minutes ago, Big23 said:

I know what you mean. You want to buy something but are not sure what's the best choice. As it is an expensive hobby you don't want to buy something 'wrong'. For the beginning just buy what looks good to you and, except you want more expensive collector items, has a small premium. With time you will end up buying more anyways and as you learn about the 'coin market' you will always find new stuff to add to your stack or collection :)

Yah I guess your right. I feel in my gut that I want to collect more than stack. But my knowledge is to small to go for the expensive  stuff. But having a treasure chest of Aztec gold is also a funny idea. 

Just added one to the collection, as I really like the design as well. For me, this coin somewhat fits in the middle of collecting and stacking...with a reasonable price over spot for near 1/2 oz of gold, as compared to some of the Sovereigns I like to collect...The older 20 pesos look to bring in a higher premium, but for the beautiful design of the coin, I think it is a good addition to a collectors stack.

Archived