• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why no love for Landmarks of Britain?

DrKarlMoneys

Why no love for Landmarks of Britain?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why no love for Landmarks of Britain?

• They reused the designs from 2014
    • A mintage of 50,000? Call that collectable? Pfft.
    • I spent all my money on Queen's beasts
    • They're not representative enough of the UK
    • Too high a premium
    • Not a high enough premium
    • I only want coins with animals or women in flowing dress on them
    • Other

Hi, I'm new to collecting and I see a lot of fuss over the Queen's Beasts coins, and understandably, they have some great designs. But I never see any fuss about the Landmarks of Britain series. I personally quite like them and will be looking to acquire some soon. One thing that annoyed me a bit was that it was really a landmarks of London series. I'd at least have expected Stonehenge and the the Giant’s Causeway to be included. Still, I expected them to be more popular, please feel free to speculate in the poll as to why this may be.

59 minutes ago, DrKarlMoneys said:

One thing that annoyed me a bit was that it was really a landmarks of London series. I'd at least have expected Stonehenge and the the Giant’s Causeway to be included

misread your statement, ignore me

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

i voted other. The designs are very poor.

152506_Slab.jpg

file-13310-0-87880600-1525823175.png

pp-5157-1.jpg

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I found the designs pretty dull (guess I'm not much of an architecture fan) and the London-centric approach really bugged me. It feels unimaginative and focused on the most touristy sites.

I think part of the appeal of the Queen's Bras is that they aren't trying to be photo realistic and, in my view at least, hit a nice aesthetic for what a traditional coin should look like

25 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

I think part of the appeal of the Queen's Bras is that they aren't trying to be photo realistic and

An unfortunate typo? Either way made me giggle - not sure this would be a popular series though!

As to the landmarks of Britain - boring and uninspired designs and these coins come at a high premium relative to the beasts (or bra's as Pans Purse suggested) ?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I have a few of each just cos i was hoping it would turn into a nice series but so far its all london. my other half is a huge lover on london in general and would move there if she could (i wouldnt!) and when i showed her the coins thinking she would love them she said "dont like them" so that says a lot for it i guess.

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

An unfortunate typo? Either way made me giggle - not sure this would be a popular series though!

I dunno, Queen Vic's knickers went for over £12 000. Assuming they weigh - at most - 300 grams and the current cotton spot price is 92 cents for a pound that is an absolutely incredible return.

I imagine the Queen's Bras will be a series that does very well indeed. I wonder if the Palace is taking pre-orders?

Queen Victoria knickers

If the Royal Mint had a better detailed design then collectors might like them more.

Here's a 1oz silver bar from Sharps Pixley with Tower Bridge. Comparing this to the coin I know which one I would choose.

image.jpeg

London-centric series, there is so much more to the UK than London

Stonehenge, Wiltshire
The Needles, Isle of Wight
Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland
Angel of the North, Gateshead
Millenium Bridge/Tyne Bridge, Newcastle
White Cliffs of Dover, Kent
Ben Nevis/Snowdon, Scotland/Wales
Forth Bridge, Scotland
Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol
Mr. Ali's Traditional Turkish Barbers/Heroin & Money Laundering, Bognor High Street

to name but a few

Archived