• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Numistacker

Heritage Auction Consignment (New Numistacker Service)

Recommended Posts

Great idea, just wondered why the minimum is $500 per item as there are loads of lots at Heritage below this, particularly for the world coins?? It has been the total of $5000 per submission which has stopped me selling things via Heritage which is a shame as the vendors fee is much lower than most places.

They did agree to keep sales proceeds in my Heritage account saving me transfer fees as I buy quite a few things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SilverTanner said:

Great idea, just wondered why the minimum is $500 per item as there are loads of lots at Heritage below this, particularly for the world coins?? It has been the total of $5000 per submission which has stopped me selling things via Heritage which is a shame as the vendors fee is much lower than most places.

They did agree to keep sales proceeds in my Heritage account saving me transfer fees as I buy quite a few things!

If an estimate if $500 or above thats fine. The $500 price point is because they start bidding at 50% of estimate for $500 and above. If they accept lower value coins they start at $1 with no reserve so its slightly riskier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Numistacker said:

If an estimate if $500 or above thats fine. The $500 price point is because they start bidding at 50% of estimate for $500 and above. If they accept lower value coins they start at $1 with no reserve so its slightly riskier.

Thankyou - the $1 start is fine for below $500 as long as we would be able to submit coins. I didn't get any of the 3 lots I was after at the Heritage World Coins last night☹️ - all of which were below the $500 value - surprising number of live bidders for them! I could find and buy 3-5 raw coins of each and get them graded for what they went for so I may have to do that and hope for a MS65!

Having seen the list of coins at their main September auction I could do with saving the money anyway😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First few coins are on their way to me for Heritage Consignment. It is going to be very exciting I think to learn as a group what works  and what doesn’t and then to look out for particular types of coins that will do especially well at heritage auctions in the USA and to then seek out and find the right material to consign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Heritage Auction at Longbeach in September (Live and Internet) is one of the best places to sell coins at.

If you have any coins you want to sell at Longbeach specifically please contact me in the next few days as the cut off date is in the next two weeks.

I recommend these major live Heritage world coin auctions for any item over about $500 in value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to report back here on how the new service is going.

Its early days but coins have been submitted for the ANA Philadelphia Platinum Auction in August, the Long Beach Signature Auction in September and also regular weekly auctions. The process seems to be working well with Heritage in the UK and the systems/paperwork are now in place.

IF you have any coins that you think would do well at a USA based Heritage Auction and would like these consigned then please get in contact. Its a fairly lengthy process so if you have something that could be in the Heritage January 2019 auction for example which is extremely popular as a major auction event in the USA then please get in touch NOW and then the coins can be placed as early as possible on the Heritage system so they get as much advance bidding and interest as possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coins for consignment to Heritage Auctions.

If you have any coins that you want to auction at Heritage this autumn please can you get them to me by 25th July.

There have been quite a few entries and I know lots of you are thinking about what coins to best consign with Heritage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CONSIGNMENT DEADLINE

Hong Kong December 6-7th  - CONSIGN BY OCTOBER 7th

New York January 6th-7th - CONSIGN BY NOVEMBER 7th

If you have higher value coins that you want to sell at major international auction then I would recommend consigning for the New York World Coin Auction in January.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to be sending consignments to Heritage for auction about the 31st of August. 

If you have any coins you feel would do well in the USA (with exchange rates at 1.28 to £ this may yield an exchange rate bonus when selling in $) please can you send them to me at the end of the month to ensure that they get included in the best auction. Coins over $1,500 can be entered for the Live Herirage auction at the beginning of January and I would recommend this for better coins that are numismatic in nature.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:47, Numistacker said:

First few coins are on their way to me for Heritage Consignment. It is going to be very exciting I think to learn as a group what works  and what doesn’t and then to look out for particular types of coins that will do especially well at heritage auctions in the USA and to then seek out and find the right material to consign. 

Are there any lessons you'd care to share so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now