• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

sixgun

EU Copyright Reforms - 1984 and the death of the free internet

https://creativecommons.org/2018/06/08/act-now-to-stop-the-eus-plan-to-censor-the-web/

i've posted a link to a creative commons webpage. My understand of this Big Brother censorship is i won't be able to do this in future if this insanity goes forward. i will have to pay a copyright fee or the platform - thesilverforum.com will have to. The forum will have to monitor all the links posted on the forum.

Article 13 is the proposal that would require online platforms to monitor their users’ uploads and try to prevent copyright infringement through automated filtering.

Article 13 will impose widespread censorship of all the content you share online, be it a parody video, a remix, a meme, a blog post, comments on Reddit, a piece of code, livestreaming your gaming experience, or even a link in a tweet.

I've just posted two copy and paste sentences from that website - that is covered by Article 13.

This is designed to kill the internet and the free dissemination of information.

i contacted all the MEP's in the area - it might do some good, worth trying.

Edited by sixgun

1 hour ago, SILVERFINGER said:

The EU is turning into a police state, I do think its going to be impossible  for them to police it though.

Wait for 5G, they will be able to fry you in your bed like a microwave chicken if you are not a 'conforming citizen' :(

25 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Glad I've got an escape route. The EU is not fit for purpose.

There is not really an escape. The whole western world is turning into a police state and the rest already have a lot of them already

True, but fortunately I have a choice of living outside of the EU if I choose. Some countries have a better quality of living than others. In other countries some laws are tougher, some not so. I suppose it all comes down to what is acceptable to the individual and what they are comfortable with.

i got some replies from the MEP's.

Dear

Thank you for your correspondence concerning Article 13.

Article 13 and the “Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market” is just another example of not only the EU meddling, but also of burdensome regulation.

It has been through several committees. The JURI committee will vote on it next month. James will not have an opportunity to vote until it goes to plenary for the entire European Parliament to vote. We won’t know until JURI is finished with it.

If the EU proposes such law, James will certainly vote against it.

Kind Regards

Berenice Dawes

Political Assistant & Consituency Officer

James Carver MEP

then this one

Dear

Thank you for your email.

Article 13 of the Copyright Directive is a major concern as it will impose privatised censorship of all types of content and it is incompatible with fundamental rights and the E-commerce Directive.

Additionally it will prevent the availability of content before it is uploaded; it could cost you money in a stealth tax and if this tax is not paid then your content probably will not be uploaded. There are further concerns in that it is technically infeasible as it covers all sorts of creations ranging from literary works, music, software, pictures and graphics just to name a few.

In light of the consequences that this Article will cause to freedom of expression, independent creators and discouraging investment in user-generated content start up, I will not be supporting this.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty Murrell

Office Administrator

Office of Jill Seymour MEP

So at least 2 UK MEP's will be voting against- i recommend people send an email copied to all the MEP's in their area saying this new EU directorship legislation needs to be voted down.

Edited by sixgun

16 hours ago, caloundracats said:

True, but fortunately I have a choice of living outside of the EU if I choose. Some countries have a better quality of living than others. In other countries some laws are tougher, some not so. I suppose it all comes down to what is acceptable to the individual and what they are comfortable with.

You also have the RIGHT to live in your birth country and the right to expect it has not been turned into a 1984 Big Brother tyranny.

Millions have died thinking they were fighting to defend our freedoms.

Sadly those who fought they were simply in a blood sacrifice dying for the banks and elites.  Nevertheless their memories should be defended and we should not roll over and accept this.

It's happening right before our eyes and so many people can't see it or are being deliberately and successfully distracted by the fear mongering media.

It's going to be far worse than 1984 - they've had seventy years to further work on how to control our every move and thought.

People need to make a stand NOW because we are almost at the point of no return. I look at my beautiful innocent seven year old niece and unless things change fast she is going to grow into a world of constant surveillance of her every move and behaviour, and will never have known anything else.

:(

Edited by kimchi

Another reply - so they are looking at this and say they will oppose it.

Dear

Thank you for writing to me about the Article 13 provisions of the European Commission's Copyright Directive proposal. I have been following the Copyright debate closely throughout the scrutiny process in the parliament. The Parliament’s final text remains under debate and I have been lobbying colleagues strongly to avoid creating a disproportionate and unjustified new general copyright regime that would hit all internet users, under the guise of tackling piracy.

I am very concerned about the impact on freedom of expression and innovation created by Article 13 of the Commission's proposal, and its imposition of a general obligation to monitor. There are deeply troubling implications for user generated content being wrongly taken down before any individual can appeal that decision, which is what will inevitably happen if websites are made liable for all content posted on their domain. Similarly the effective obligation for all websites to buy content monitoring software would place an unfair burden on smaller companies and act as barrier to market entry, further damaging the innovation possibilities of the internet, and having a negative effect on wider society.

So please rest assured I am firmly opposed to the Commission’s proposals on Article 13 (and also Article 11), and will continue to campaign hard against them in the parliament.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel Dalton MEP