• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Raw Gold

onlyroadtoheaven

Someone gave me this piece a while a go and I have ignored it until recently as it isn't a coin or bar ?. Looking at it makes me realise the journey our sovereigns etc undertake before they come the round little flat fellows they are.

Does anyone else have any raw gold?

DSCF9689.JPG

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

5 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Sure is a nice gold quartz piece, I’ve got a few gold nuggets from (Scotland,Yukon,Australia) Plus some raw silver nuggets the proper stuff not refined dust ??? 

Where did you buy the nuggets, if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get hold of the one from Scotland? 

@Xander I’ve had them for several years now, all the gold came from the origin of their countries of small time miners/prospectors through eBay, most of the guys I originally purchased the nuggets unfortunately are no longer in business ?  now you mainly see resellers who purchase bulk & it’s all about the profit unfortunately.

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

If any of you are looking for that gold rush feeling all the old timers where chasing, you can go up to Scotland ???????  for the day they have a few places where it doesn’t cost much to sign up plus you keep all the gold you find well if you do ?

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

3 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

If any of you are looking for that gold rush feeling all the old timers where chasing, you can go up to Scotland ???????  for the day they have a few places where it doesn’t cost much to sign up plus you keep all the gold you find well if you do ?

That sounds interesting, maybe I  will give it a go.⛏️?

1 hour ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Scottish gold is very pricy due to the scarcity, Plus a favourite of her majesty ?

heres a link of a site you may all enjoy:

http://www.leadminingmuseum.co.uk/gold-panning/ 

Thank you for this. My wife has agreed for us to do a mini break up there as well as the 5 hour panning course. She refused to come to the royal mint experience in Wales so this is progress! The area looks amazing - have you been?

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

@onlyroadtoheaven Bud If you’ve got the of Lady thee house to agree & go up north that’s definitely a win win in my book ?

A friend recommended going there, it’s a great activity for all ages especially the kids or just to get away from the city, unfortunately I’ve not had a chance but have been planning for a couple of years...... fingers crossed soon? 

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

Here’s a Treat for you lovely bunch of people ????

have a beautiful silver nugget extremely scarce to locate, as most silver is ore. Can’t seem to find any gold nuggets here are some Specs/Dust for now. pretty much the same thing you’ll find in parts of Scotland in river beds or on dried up river beds under boulders ? (I never said anything)

A8E16D87-F7A5-4126-A704-9FDCD296F428.jpeg

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

4 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Here’s a Treat for you lovely bunch of people ????

have a beautiful silver nugget extremely scarce to locate, as most silver is ore. Can’t seem to find any gold nuggets here are some Specs/Dust for now. pretty much the same thing you’ll find in parts of Scotland in river beds or on dried up river beds under boulders ? (I never said anything)

I have some natural silver on the way at the moment. ? Nice to have that kind of stuff in combination with the bars and coins.

1 minute ago, StackSellRepeat said:

@engire appreciate it bud, just the same here I love the way raw unrefined silver looks next to proceed PM. The silver you have on the way are they mined silver nuggets or electronically refined ?

It's raw "mined" silver. It's a mineral specimen with silver branched on a Calcite base. Visually really beautiful, so I'll be posting photos for sure :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived