• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

RM 2018 Paddington Bear 50p Spotted

creative

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

?? Almost as good as watching the Germans get beat by the Mexicans! 

England will play them quarter finals and beat them on penalty’s 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst at the same time the RM keeps all the potential profit available instead of giving it away as happened with the 2016 rabbit.

Instead of jacking the price up, they increased the mintage....fair enough. It is their product afterall. Personally, I would have liked a lower mintage...who wouldn’t ? 

Probably we can have a charity raffle on that mintage 

i think 85 k final 

bunc packs 200 k 

circulated will be similar to Peter rabbit 

12 million + circulated 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

I actually think that the way sentiment has turned against these overnight in the collector community may, in a perverse way, help the coins as the RM won't be able to milk it as it seemed hoped (at least short-term).

There is still the fact we're quite a savvy community here - this one has the 'casual' buyers' appeal.

Plus I'm not sure the US has fully woken up to these ones yet, the movies were a big hit (?).

I may be completely wrong but I'm certainly not writing these off just yet :)

Having had a good look at the photo of the first coin, I thing they should have also colourised the InterCity125 train as well....an iconic fast train of its day....lemme at the marketing section at the RM....a 1966 classic of its day....and the note around Paddington’s neck should be visible.....”Please look after this bear. Thank you.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterCity_(British_Rail)

https://thepaddingtoncollective.squarespace.com/thepaddingtoncollectiveblog/2015/1/3/the-history-behind-paddingtons-swing-tag-part-1

I think it's a lovely coin as is, I didn't like it much from the marketing shots but in hand it looks a stunner. I'm not bothered about the mintage, I would just like one of these at some point for Paddington, and I'm not even a massive fan :)

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

I think they should have also colourised the InterCity125 train as well....an iconic fast train of its day....lemme at the marketing section at the RM....a 1966 classic of its day...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterCity_(British_Rail)

Ah, I remember when I was young and an Intercity 125 was the height of transportation technology. Don't they still use that rolling stock on the Caledonian sleeper service?

Interesting fact on the Intercity 125 - the passes (free or heavily discounted for the unemployed - I forget which) fuelled the rise of football hooliganism as fans could get to rival cities quickly and very cheaply. Even if they didn't all get into the game, groups would travel up and down the country to rob the local stores (clothes especially) and for a few pints and a punch up.

20 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I think it's a lovely coin as is, I didn't like it much from the marketing shots but in hand it looks a stunner. I'm not bothered about the mintage, I would just like one of these at some point for Paddington, and I'm not even a massive fan :)

I agree, I think it looks much nicer in hand than the online photos.

I'll buy this in the RM packaging but that's it, same with the new £2 coins, I have a massive collection of BUNC 50p's along with a big collection of £2 coins.

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

I bought a couple with the back up plan of them making decent Christmas presents.

They arrived today  (without the BUs I ordered for some reason).

The biggest surprise was the packaging.   A box with peanut packing!    

Either they've upped their game or they have my complaints on file.

3 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

They arrived today  (without the BUs I ordered for some reason).

The biggest surprise was the packaging.   A box with peanut packing!    

Either they've upped their game or they have my complaints on file.

Yeah my BU's were missing too - been split to a separate order. They have changed their packaging, the sov i purchased recently was also in the box with peanuts and strong tape around. think they got their act together which is nice :)

Archived