• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Bimetallic

Survey for my article

Hello all -- I'm writing a series of article comparing online PM dealer prices. Choosing popular coins is easy, but with bars I don't have a good sense of which are the most popular since the market for bars consists of a lot of private mints, plus Perth and RCM. So some questions for you, if you please:

1. What are you favorite bars at the 1 oz, 10 oz, and kilo sizes?
  2. What's your preferred size for silver?
  3. Lastly, what country are you in?

So far, my first article has been American-centric, since I live in Phoenix, AZ, USA. I get the impression that a lot of you are in the UK or Europe, and it will help to know if preferences are markedly different in Commonwealth countries, Europe, etc.

(The articles will be published on Medium.com, and subsequently my own website after I've revamped it.)

Was about to hit the hay but I guess I can spare a few minutes :-)

1) My favourite 1 oz bars are the Prospectors G&Gs poured bars, gorgeous.

At 10 oz, although I dont have any, the scottdale cast kitkat bars look amazing.

1kg has to be Umicore cast bars, as a few on the forum would agree.

2) I prefer bigger chunkier pieces for aesthetics, 5 oz upwards, but 1 oz coins and bars for storage and convenience.

3) The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We just call it the UK though 😉