• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Looking for coin book for 2x2’s

Can anyone help link me a suitable coin book to fill with my 2x2’s i have been looking through ebay but they are like 1,2 pounds and i think they are made of pvc which im sure is the plastic i shouldnt have my coins near. 

If anyone could link me to one on ebay or amazon that would be great. Or even one you have used that is useful that has quite a lot of pages. Thank you :) 

8 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Can anyone help link me a suitable coin book to fill with my 2x2’s i have been looking through ebay but they are like 1,2 pounds and i think they are made of pvc which im sure is the plastic i shouldnt have my coins near. 

If anyone could link me to one on ebay or amazon that would be great. Or even one you have used that is useful that has quite a lot of pages. Thank you :) 

The link that @MickD added is a great album I have that one and 3 of the smaller ones off the seller from the link and must say it' great quality and very fast postage ?

7 minutes ago, MickD said:

Don't think so, they're Lighthouse and not cheap but I may be wrong.

I think those are pvc 

when we search for albumn or sheets we need to search key words “ acid free “ “ coin “ 

lighthouse brand got to be ( official )

Lighthouse acid free Optima coin album

The only official range for “ acid free “ pockets 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

If @JCRJM ask Andy to exchange I am sure he will be happy to do so 

Lighthouse acid free Optima coin album

he has them In sheets 

So wht have i to ask him exactly? Just my mum ordered it on her ebay account so i can tell her.

thanks

10 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

So wht have i to ask him exactly? Just my mum ordered it on her ebay account so i can tell her.

thanks

Optima coin album ( pages ) 

or the coin album + pages 

http://www.coingallery.co.uk/lighthouse-acid-free-optima-coin-album-pages-2292-p.asp

this is Andy jacks sites

Apologies @JCRCM if I've pointed you in the wrong direction.  Don't expect I'll get a response tonight.  Pretty sure the 2 by 2s I have in the albums are acid free but not sure what effect a PVC album would have.  Can't say I'll be too impressed if I've paid nearly £50 for PVC but I'll put it down to experience.  Sorry again if I've given you a bad recommendation.

Just now, MickD said:

Apologies @JCRCM if I've pointed you in the wrong direction.  Don't expect I'll get a response tonight.  Pretty sure the 2 by 2s I have in the albums are acid free but not sure what effect a PVC album would have.  Can't say I'll be too impressed if I've paid nearly £50 for PVC but I'll put it down to experience.  Sorry again if I've given you a bad recommendation.

pvc is about acid , acid damage coins 

38 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

thanks

Optima 12K - 12 compartments of 50mm to take card coin holders

Dont worry @MickD i have messaged him to asking if i can exchange for the acid free ones and if i owe more i will square him up.

i know pvc messes up the coins but see if the coins r in the cardboard flips. Would they be fine becuase they dont come in contact with the pvc? Or does the pvc leak over time?

Just now, JCRJM said:

Dont worry @MickD i have messaged him to asking if i can exchange for the acid free ones and if i owe more i will square him up.

i know pvc messes up the coins but see if the coins r in the cardboard flips. Would they be fine becuase they dont come in contact with the pvc? Or does the pvc leak over time?

if u want to save money , only have the sheets and use normal A4 folders it will work 

Just now, MickD said:

Why would someone who sells coin supplies sell a PVC album?  Sorry, appreciate I might be a bit naive here?

cheaper option for everyone most people don't care 

I've had mine in the albums, in what I think are acid free holders, for two years or so, do you think I should remove them/is there likely to have been any damage in that time?  Sorry, slightly embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

no card board 2x2 99% are pvc 

use saflip 2x2 man 

or acid free coin pockets from predicemial 

1 minute ago, MickD said:

I've had mine in the albums, in what I think are acid free holders, for two years or so, do you think I should remove them/is there likely to have been any damage in that time?  Sorry, slightly embarrassing.

u will start to see circle marks on the flip by now and the coin MAYBE a bit cloudy and some may have very tiny green spots it is only 2 years so will be very very tiny  , normally is 5 years + u will start to see problem 

http://www.predecimal.com/coin-envelopes-developed-predecimal-41mm-p-7679.html

They have been specially developed to best suit collectors of British coins and are 100% safe for the long term storage of all types of metals.

• Made of inert Polypropylene which contains no PVC or chemicals which can over time degrade and damage coins.

Archived