• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Oystonout

World Cup 2018 - News, betting tips

Just checked the odds on the world cup and to be honest the bookies are taking the piss.  The over round is massive.  Even if you take the outsides out its still bad.  England are a 5% chance of winning at the best odds which represents there chance though Portugal can be had for 27-1 about 3.7% chance Russia are silly odds for a host nation even though they have a poor team and with supporters from other nations not going Russia will have the best support even better than usual for a home nation 66-1.  

These are just figures and do not represent form.     

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/winner

Edited by Pipers

This is first World Cup in ages that I’m really looking forward to. Not only coz there’s no pressure on England (quarter finals realistic) but the competition is quite open I feel. 

Could be some dark horses like Belgium and Argentina could struggle. Anyways should be fun

1 minute ago, AlphaBeast said:

England's chances have increased 🙊 

Haha :D

I saw you liked my comment. Did you join the fantasy league? I thought it could be fun with a seperate league for people here. :)

I also have a league with my friends and family :D 

Spanish manager signed a 2yr contract extension to manage international team in May this year. 1 month later signed a contract to become Real Madrid manager after World Cup finishes. 

Didnt tell Spanish FA they just found out and we’re not amused!

Do not get why they cou;dn't wait to announce the RM job!

17 minutes ago, Oystonout said:

Spanish manager signed a 2yr contract extension to manage international team in May this year. 1 month later signed a contract to become Real Madrid manager after World Cup finishes. 

Didnt tell Spanish FA they just found out and we’re not amused!

3 hours ago, CarlosSilver said:

Russia and Serbia double to qualify from their groups at 2.9

I only usually bet on the in play goals markets but I'll have a dabble here and there during the world cup in order to make it slightly less boring. 

Don’t fancy Russia at all. Worst ranked team ever to host a World Cup.

Russia not to qualify from the group 9/4

21 hours ago, Amazing said:

Is anyone interested in a TheSilverForum fantasy league for World Cup?

If yes, then the join code is: CU0WPCOY

This is the site:

https://fantasy.fifa.com/en/home

Joined. Easy to join. Took 3 minutes. Just hit autocomplete for your team and get to the SilverForum League with the code provided. Hurry up. Has to be done before the first match starts.

You have 7 hours from this post. Want to make it interesting by everyone chipping in a small coin and winner take all?

Edited by Oldun

30 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Joined. Easy to join. Took 3 minutes. Just hit autocomplete for your team and get to the SilverForum League with the code provided. Hurry up. Has to be done before the first match starts.

You have 7 hours from this post. Want to make it interesting by everyone chipping in a small coin and winner take all?

Sure, I don't mind making a prize pool.

Soz folks I only watch my club team so don't know enough about other players to join in, didn't even know it started today!

Great idea though :)

Maybe worth making a new thread so more folk see it?

I think Belgium should do well though.

Edited by kimchi

It's probably best just to make a cash price through PayPal, it's free and instant. If the price is a silver coin, we'd have to pay shipping fees, etc. But I'm open to both ideas, you guys decide :)

So far it's just you, me and AlphaBeast who's signed up.