• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

THE 65TH ANN. OF THE CORONATION OF HM QUEEN 2018 STRUCK ON THE DAY FULL GOLD SOVEREIGN

fehk2001

The limit's been five all day today (I only checked out of interest and then later to also see how @Numistacker knew there were 44 left, but I couldn't fathom that one!).

1 minute ago, Seasider said:

Since I am not allowed to see that I guess someone is already selling one?  Is it a bargain?

It was a RM release schedule leaked by a member that included this coin (which I don't think they were happy about!). @ChardLizzie also predicted it on one of the threads I have bumped today :)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3017240 

So, maybe little George gets a plain edge for his 5th ? That seems to be the only other sotd sovereign possibility this year but would The RM do that ? It wouldn’t half create a stink if they did. Mind you, it would not have the 65 on it, so they could. My 65 will be going boxed unopened straight for grading, either way.

5 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Any chance of adding an anonymous poll to see how many the the forum have bought. I think will be over 5%

Good idea! I think it's likely over 10% of issue. As others have highlighted though, how many will be sent back due to poor quality? Very hopefully not too many as it's a 1/3 mintage of the Pistrucci SotD that @whitesands1 unfortunately had so many reported problems with, and they've had three cracks now at these last year to try to get everything right for once.

The limit's been five all day today (I only checked out of interest and then later to also see how [mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] knew there were 44 left, but I couldn't fathom that one!).
It was a RM release schedule leaked by a member that included this coin (which I don't think they were happy about!). [mention=3381]ChardLizzie[/mention] also predicted it on one of the threads I have bumped today [emoji4]

Someone on FB phoned the mint and asked them. A bit old fashioned I know

5 minutes ago, Oldun said:

So, maybe little George gets a plain edge for his 5th ? That seems to be the only other sotd sovereign possibility this year but would The RM do that ? It wouldn’t half create a stink if they did. Mind you, it would not have the 65 on it, so they could. My 65 will be going boxed unopened straight for grading, either way.

Just edited....they wouldn’t put a 65 on little George’s 5th, would they ? Best to get the coronation ones in to ngc either way, just in case.

57 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Someone on FB phoned the mint and asked them. A bit old fashioned I know

Love this! :lol:

I just phoned out of interest and they said there were four left (I'm still surprised they didn't all sell out yesterday!) but the website still lets you order five.

Good old Royal Mint!!! :P

<edit> All gorne now, not too bad between online and phone actually, just five minutes difference (though conflicting stock reports).

20 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

It was not until half way through yesterday they activated the Buy button

Still, that is enough time through working hours, and after-hours impulse purchase (UK), and perfect for the US market. Asia would have been on board before us this morning. I'm surprised at this one only selling out before close of UK business today (I readily concede I am no modern Sov expert - far from it! - unlike many here, though the ones I have bought have done very well so far - touch wood!).

I think this one is going to be even more interesting to watch with hindsight than the two non-Pistrucci SotDs from last year (which will always do well imo)!

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

The list I've seen had a SOTD for his birthday in July.

Its interesting that so far today Numistacker's "Alert Video" has had 470 views.

Now let's say the Mint sold say 250 yesterday to their "loyal customers" and say 50 went to Dealers that just leaves 350 today to sell.

I bet a few like me bought a couple because of the "Plain Edge". It's interesting to note that my so called "Account Manager" at the Mint didn't bother to phone me on this one.

I think there was accelerated buying throughout the day and I honestly believe his video tipped this one over the edge several days early.

Well done to all those who got in.

Hmmm...I woke up this morning wondering how many serious collectors worldwide might have missed out on this one. Going to be very interesting to see how this does!

18 hours ago, Oldun said:

Just edited....they wouldn’t put a 65 on little George’s 5th, would they ? Best to get the coronation ones in to ngc either way, just in case.

Surely not. I would think/hope the plain edge will be kept for far more important coins than George's birthday too. And there's no need to not unbox yet surely if you submit quickly to NGC?

On ‎22‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 07:48, xthomasx said:

Not sure yet. I would have skipped it if it was just a BU version of the 2018 Proof. I guess the plain edge will eventually push me over the edge ;) .

I'll check, and when it says 'over 80% sold', I'll make up my mind...

That went fast... Thanks to all of your efforts, I am spared the decision ;) . I hope I won't regret not ordering immediately...

On the brighter side... this way I'll have enough funds for another three-digit-mintage gold piece which I ordered right away.

20 hours ago, kimchi said:

The limit's been five all day today (I only checked out of interest and then later to also see how @Numistacker knew there were 44 left, but I couldn't fathom that one!).

It was a RM release schedule leaked by a member that included this coin (which I don't think they were happy about!). @ChardLizzie also predicted it on one of the threads I have bumped today :)

It didn't take a rocket scientist (which I'm not) :)

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

Hmmm...I woke up this morning wondering how many serious collectors worldwide might have missed out on this one. Going to be very interesting to see how this does!

Surely not. I would think/hope the plain edge will be kept for far more important coins than George's birthday too. And there's no need to not unbox yet surely if you submit quickly to NGC?

Yep. Already in hand :) Will be opened and checked and sent for grading. The plain edge makes it distinguishable, but best to get it sent off just on the very unlikely possibility of The RM repeating the exact same coin for George's 5th birthday in July - I reckon the chances of them doing that are akin to zero but I do not want to run the risk.

That seems sensible, I always think it's best to grade asap anyway :)

Good buzz on these on Numi's channel, I do feel good about these myself today I must say. I hope I don't wish I'd bought more, I realised today that I had the final one in my basket yesterday when I was posting on here (the lag in stock updates on the site meant I got five in my basket when the lady on the phone said 'four left', but when the system updated a few minutes later it defaulted to one until I cleared my basket - and I know the person who bought the previous three :ph34r:). Whoever got the last one has me to thank when they clicked refresh and the final one popped back up :P

A somewhat different kettle of fish, but ofc there is overlap - a friend today had an offer of almost £600 for a PF70 2018 Sov, so they are performing as expected (i.e. rather well already) at the moment, and already a steady increase on the £550 mark of last month :)

Archived