• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz silver perth mint lunar goat help needed?

RoughDog

I purchased two 1 oz silver Perth mint lunar goats from a dealer and the capsules are not the same as other lunars I have from different years.

There is huge rattle when slightly shaking the capsule.  I tried the goat coin in the lunar capsule from other years and no rattle.  Clearly a different capsule.

Can someone confirm the capsule for the 1 oz Perth mint lunar goat is the same as the other years.  Did Perth mint mess up the goat year capsule or did I get scammed?

The Perth mint supplies the lunar coin with capsules.  So I disagree, I was buying the coin and capsule. 

If I bought a proof coin than came with COA and box then unless advertised as otherwise I would expect to be buying just that.  Not a replacement box.

The problem I have now is that I have got a bit tired of the lunars and am think of selling at the first opportunity and buying something different.

I'm sure this dodgy capsule is going to make it difficult for me to re-sell.  I'm not the kind of person that is going to try and sell it and not mention the capsule being different.

eBay buyer would likely complain.

Anyway, thanks for confirming that capsule.

Yeah, tried already. Like finding a needle in a haystack from a 1000 yards.

Not to worry, it's not like I purchased 500 coins.  Live and learn I guess.  What a few pounds here and there. 

Must of lost many thousands buying electronic junk over the years.  Not to mention the time I wasted trying to get things to work properly.

One of the reasons I got into coin collecting.  They are not electronic, don't need upgrade, no longer works, can't sell, throw in bin, buy another at 1.5 times price type of mobile phone rubbish.

Going to stick to at least 90% Britannia's from now on.  Get the odd different coin now and again.

Thanks.

after u collect a longer time u may think .......... bullion coins nevermind about capsules because you have too many bloody capsules :D

I think I have spare after market lunar capsules they looks the same , just pay postage 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived