• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2005 Proof Sovereign - purchase or not?

SilverZulu

Hi guys,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 proof sovereign for under £500. According to the seller he's had it since new & it hasn't been removed from the box since he bought it. Would you say this is a fair price?

Thanks in advance!

SZ

These are going up in price. Has he got the box and coa. Maybe you could pick one up a bit less but I wouldn't say that was well over price if mint condition. I am sending one to ngc next month I'm sure (HOPE) to get a 70 grade lol. I got a bu one but the proof is so much nicer 

A 2005 Gold Proof Sovereign graded NGC PF69 made around £540 on eBay (2 weeks ago) worth a buy. They’ll only increase in value over the years with the one off design for that year. You see less of them then the 2002’s. 

1 hour ago, prophet800 said:

6 months ago I picked up just the coin off a fb group and paid 300. Then bought box an COA off eBay. Total outlay was about 330ish so there are bargains out there if you are patient.

Thanks prophet. Yeah I'm not in a massive hurry to pick one up, but this one just sounds like a fair deal considering it's never been removed from the box at £490. I'm still deciding on it!

1 hour ago, prophet800 said:

6 months ago I picked up just the coin off a fb group and paid 300. Then bought box an COA off eBay. Total outlay was about 330ish so there are bargains out there if you are patient.

That was a really great buy. Well done and I am very jealous. Have you or will you have it graded & slabbed or do you prefer keeping your coins raw? 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

2 minutes ago, SilverZulu said:

Thanks prophet. Yeah I'm not in a massive hurry to pick one up, but this one just sounds like a fair deal considering it's never been removed from the box at £490. I'm still deciding on it!

You could always buy it and sell it onto me for an extra 10 quid!

Not sure if i will get it graded as of yet. I still have the 2016 and 17 that I haven't graded so in the end I might send them all in when I can get the 02, 12 and the 89 but i think that might be some time off yet [emoji21]

That was a really great buy. Well done and I am very jealous. Have you or will you have it graded & slabbed or do you prefer keeping your coins raw? 

On 2 May 2018 at 19:21, SilverZulu said:

Hi guys,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 proof sovereign for under £500. According to the seller he's had it since new & it hasn't been removed from the box since he bought it. Would you say this is a fair price?

Thanks in advance!

SZ

Hello SZ, did you end up buying the sovereign? Kevin 

Archived