• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New from Canada

Black35z

Hello everyone Just wanted to say hello. I have been stacking silver for 3 years or so and a little gold. I'm moving more toward the gold side of things and thought this might be a good place to find deals. Seems to be in my area we lack variety and option for purchasing. Also in Canada we don't seem to get very good buy back prices from dealers.

I do plan on trying to silver a bit of my silver. But I'm new to this and am looking for input on transaction. like shipping paying or receiving payment how to conduct trades? do you ever worry about receiving fake stuff in return. stuff like that I always buy from a local shop that test there coins by non destructive means. I have yet to buy from an individual just because the worry of fakes we have had come up in Canada.

thanks everyone 

Welcome!

I am in Toronto, but my favourite place to buy from is SilverGoldBull.ca which has free shipping over $500. I have also had good experiences with CanadianPMX and TorontoGoldBullion.

As far as buyback goes, I have seen that too. Makes me hope there is a big increase by the time I am ready to sell. If you are just trying to sell bullion, you have to be ready to be hosed a little bit. If you are selling coins, you are best to hit eBay or some other private sale as you will get bottom dollar from any of the store...especially Oliver Jewellery.

Like you, I also only buy from [trusted] retailers. There is so much fake stuff in the market right now that it is sometimes worth it to pay an extra percent or two just for the peace of mind that what you are buying is legit. There has been more and more fake gold and silver coming from China than ever before. Pre-packaged bars are always the biggest culprits because it is assumed that you won't open up the package to test it; their hope is that you will assume it is real and just throw it in a safe and they can disappear with your money...or have you coming back for more fake product.

I have been looking at silver gold bull but their prices on pandas and stuff are very high most things they are cheaper for I have also looking at Canadian pmx. I contacted silvergoldbull about buying back pandas and the same ones they were selling for 58 a piece they offered me spot or spot plus a 1$ I cant remember.

There was a lot of fake gold in alberta a while back I don't buy bullion I made the switch to government issue coins a while back. and I don't think i'll buy anything but from here out.

As far as Ebay goes I have no experience with it I may have to go that route to sell my few pandas and the koalas I have. 

would anybody happen to know the going rate for 1oz 2012,2013 pandas and 2011-2013 koalas

Archived