• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My pre-1937 Proof Sovereign collection so far

Quite a few people ask me how I’m doing on building my proof Sovereign collection covering Sovereigns from 1937 before so I thought I would show you. Still quite a few gaps but it’s not doing too badly.

IMG_1893.JPG

1887 (mintage about 750)

IMG_1890.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

1911 with another half at NCS

IMG_1892.JPG

1923 (mintage about 650)

IMG_1889.JPG

I think 1893 should be doable in next six months with luck and that leaves a number of difficult or very expensive years like 1839, 1871, 1958 and these could take many years if ever...

5 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I saw that one and thought that it was a little expensive but maybe they are open to a little negotiation ?

Certainly worth a try

I put two links for drake that have the full and half. Better grade half they have too but even more expensive!

The hard part with these coins is finding them at a price that lowers the risk. I think the dealers like having them in stock and seem in no rush to sell.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 18:06, Numistacker said:

Quite a few people ask me how I’m doing on building my proof Sovereign collection covering Sovereigns from 1937 before so I thought I would show you. Still quite a few gaps but it’s not doing too badly.

IMG_1893.JPG

1887 (mintage about 750)

IMG_1890.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

1911 with another half at NCS

IMG_1892.JPG

1923 (mintage about 650)

IMG_1889.JPG

I think 1893 should be doable in next six months with luck and that leaves a number of difficult or very expensive years like 1839, 1871, 1958 and these could take many years if ever...

Great examples of the 1937 proof coins. A few years ago we sold four 1937 proof sets (aFDC) to an American collector. He got them for a song! Wish we'd held onto them now.

Archived