• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Goldmember

Is this normal? Re: order with bullion company.

Recommended Posts

Hi there

 

Im quite new to gold stacking and have only used one other company so was just wondering if anyone can advise whether my situation is acceptable or not as this didn't happen with the first company that I used.

 

I placed an order 10 days ago for 10 secondary market sovereigns with a well known bullion dealer (mentioned a lot on this site). The sovereigns were showing as in stock on their website. I paid for them straight after ordering.

 

After 8 days I still had not heard anything from them since my confirmation email so I sent them an email asking about dispatch.

 

2 days later, 10 days since paying I still hadn't heard back so I gave them a call. They said that they would look into it and get back to me. 

 

I have now now had an email from them saying that they have to wait for secondary market sovereigns to come into stock and on top of that they are filling a large order for somebody else.

 

Is this a normal situation with bullion dealers? The coins are still in stock on their website and they were in stock when I bought them! The confirmation email that they sent me says that they haven't even accepted my order even though they've had over £2000 of my money for over 10 days now. 

 

 

 

Edited by Goldmember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Chards.

 

To be fair, I did ask for older rather than newer coins but from the purchases I have made in the past they mostly come old anyway so that shouldn't cause this much of a hold up? 

 

Its the the fact that they demand payment instantly and then just no contact for 10 days that annoys me. Not to mention the fact that they are still showing as in stock on website!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

It's Chards.

 

To be fair, I did ask for older rather than newer coins but from the purchases I have made in the past they mostly come old anyway so that shouldn't cause this much of a hold up? 

 

Its the the fact that they demand payment instantly and then just no contact for 10 days that annoys me. Not to mention the fact that they are still showing as in stock on website!

I thought it might be from the product description.

Maybe the "older coin" request caused the delay and then they ran out? The currently available status is puzzling though.

Perhaps they are waiting for old stock as that is what they believe you want. I would phone them again and ask for clarification on all these points.

@ChardLizzie may be able to elucidate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

I'm quite new to gold stacking and have only used one other company so was just wondering if anyone can advise whether my situation is acceptable or not as this didn't happen with the first company that I used.

 

36 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

To be fair, I did ask for older rather than newer coins but from the purchases I have made in the past they mostly come old anyway so that shouldn't cause this much of a hold up? 

Welcome to the forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kman said:

I can't fault my experiences with Chards but, I get the feeling they're well intentioned but not always so well organised :ph34r:

I have not had a bad buying experience either but then I did buy premium coins, mostly directly via Lizzie. (all graded beautifully as top grades, very pleased)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is terribly unfair, siding with a new unknown member who only joined an hour ago and has only made one post.

Please allow Lizzie the chance to investigate his claims before making judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

Wouldn't you be if you had just spent £2000 and had no communication for 8 days? Even with an established dealer I would.

Chards , no I never too worry about it 

others I would give them a call see how it goes 

Add on :I know chard always deliver  that’s why I can’t be ask to be worry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Roy said:

 

Welcome to the forum

Thanks Roy

6 minutes ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

Wouldn't you be if you had just spent £2000 and had no communication for 8 days? Even with an established dealer I would.

It's actually 10 days! I emailed after 8 days and had no reply so phoned them 2 days later.

 

This is my second order with them. I didn't hear anything from them after 4 days on my 1st order so I emailed them. No reply so I phoned them after 5 days, they said that they would phone me back but didn't so I phoned them again on the 6th day and they dispatched them that day.

 

I was really happy with the coins on the 1st order, that is why I decided to use them again, I also ordered realising that it probably wouldn't be a speedy dispatch again, that is why I gave them plenty of time before phoning them. But on Monday it will be two weeks since i payed for those coins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

This is my second order with them. I didn't hear anything from them after 4 days on my 1st order so I emailed them. No reply so I phoned them after 5 days, they said that they would phone me back but didn't so I phoned them again on the 6th day and they dispatched them that day.

Not to say you're at fault, but if that happened with my first order id have rang them before placing the second 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kman said:

Not to say you're at fault, but if that happened with my first order id have rang them before placing the second 

In hindsight I should of done but as I said I was really happy with the first order of coins they sent me so I was happy to wait a few extra days for dispatch on this one, although I never expected it to go this long with still no sign of them being sent.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Thanks Roy

It's actually 10 days! I emailed after 8 days and had no reply so phoned them 2 days later.

 

This is my second order with them. I didn't hear anything from them after 4 days on my 1st order so I emailed them. No reply so I phoned them after 5 days, they said that they would phone me back but didn't so I phoned them again on the 6th day and they dispatched them that day.

 

I was really happy with the coins on the 1st order, that is why I decided to use them again, I also ordered realising that it probably wouldn't be a speedy dispatch again, that is why I gave them plenty of time before phoning them. But on Monday it will be two weeks since i payed for those coins!

Chard should contact you about order status or you ring them , don’t email them because they take ages to reply email . 

Just for your future references , not compare who is worst or race to bottom on customer services 

when you purchase from royal mint or return from royal mint same thing will happen , 

on return or exchange they just sign for the package and you won’t hear from them until they dispatch after months or you ring them up 

my last experience was ,5 x 2018 sovereign proof , I exchange them but after two months they didn’t realise they haven’t replace my item until I ring them 

Edited by fehk2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now