• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chinese Coin set

Seasider

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/clarkesauctions/catalogue-id-clarke2-10027/lot-5eb8c45c-6182-4537-a37a-a8ba00d12be2

I do not know if the link above works but it is for lot 382 at Clarks Auctions at Semley on Saturday.  The coins look like Pandas but do not have the 10 yuan denomination and I wondered what they were.  There is a certificate but I do not read Chinese.  I wondered if they were meant to be a commemorative set of some sort but some of the Temples look a bit dubious for an official medal set.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks

that is not a certificate , that's the invoice , around 600  pounds for 30 proof coins 

just a simple computer print out , it is not official , only need a simple printer

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, mr-dead said:

looks like the 1/4oz panda set.

Its definitely a 11 oz set - they have supplied more pics here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19nJ72BLLozPXLHR_8oLm9PNNOA9iloP8

At least three coins look fake. 

Just now, Seasider said:

Interesting - so clearly not from Alibaba.

The box looks decent so maybe the coins are silver?

I wouldnt bet money on it. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

2 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Its definitely a 11 oz set - they have supplied more pics here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19nJ72BLLozPXLHR_8oLm9PNNOA9iloP8

At least three coins look fake. 

None seem to have 10 yuan on them so I thought maybe they were trying to avoid being fakes and were more medallic?  But then why imitate fakes? 

I was just curious about what it might be if it wasn't just a set of fakes.

these set are created by the traders e.g. westXXXXXXX .......... in uk 

genuine or fake I don't know but surely not official 

100-150 pound estimate , bid at your own risk 

5 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Interesting that that one does not have denominations on the coins. And it looks official.

1 minute ago, Seasider said:

None seem to have 10 yuan on them so I thought maybe they were trying to avoid being fakes and were more medallic?  But then why imitate fakes? 

Tourist trap most likely, sold in a shop to look genuine. The auctioneers estimate says it all - they suspect them to be fakes too which is why the estimate is ridiculously low for genuine 30 Silver coin set. . 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Interesting that that one does not have denominations on the coins. And it looks official.

the one on ebay is official and it is also feature in the china official display shop 

I did ask when will we get a official re strike , they said probably needs to wait til 50th ann cos they don't like the idea with a 4 so 40 and 45th they wont do much 

4 means death .....

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

these set are created by the traders e.g. westXXXXXXX .......... in uk 

genuine or fake I don't know but surely not official 

100-150 pound estimate , bid at your own risk 

I think I might go to a different auction.

3 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Tourist trap most likely, sold in a shop to look genuine. The auctioneers estimate says it all - they suspect them to be fakes too which is why the estimate is ridiculously low for genuine 30 Silver coin set. . 

Yes too low for real ones.  I had thought it too high for fakes but I suppose it is £3 -5 per coin.  Interesting to see if it sells.

Yes too low for real ones.  I had thought it too high for fakes but I suppose it is £3 -5 per coin.  Interesting to see if it sells.

u can get these from some well known Chinese ebay for almost half the price :lol: 

80 pounds if u want one of these delivered 

one of my friend have purchase one of these ' homemade ' sets with proper cert

and looks genuine 

to add on, it is not a bad idea to get one of these for display and surely their wooden box will fit the pandas properly , rather than spend 40/50 pounds on a wooden box, so not a bad deal if these are selling for 40/50 pounds :P

3 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

to add on, it is not a bad idea to get one of these for display and surely their wooden box will fit the pandas properly , rather than spend 40/50 pounds on a wooden box, so not a bad deal if these are selling for 40/50 pounds :P

and if I ever buy a real one I can swap it for the fake.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

and if I ever buy a real one I can swap it for the fake.

Good 1983/4/5 are hard to get by 

what is good , genuine and gradable ones 

you can actually buy them from the mint dealership but takes ages to deliver 

and they strongly advise / willing to do business with you if you get 3/4/5 together because they are called the three musketeers, they will come in as omp and price will be expensive but they are great condition 

min my memories they were asking for 3 -4 grand pounds last time I request 

Archived