• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beast Gold Coin Premium

RoughDog

3 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Yes what is going on seems to be a big hype...the first coins could become  the "Lunar mouses" in the serie and I notice that it touches the 1 oz gold, not really the 1/4oz gold coins.

Look at the royal mint bullion 1oz gold prices !...Lion 1470£, Griffin 1330£, and Dragon slowly rising 1185£.

The serie is growing and the production is finished for the first 2 and Dealers cannot get these coins anymore. So the hype is coming with the last coins remaining.

I have look several days  for the Griffin everywhere (there are a handful  Griffin remaining in UK at decent prices but dealers, did not sell abroad :( )

I have finally been able to  find a Griffin from Bleyer at a "friendly price" at 1150£ and they said that they are going to "adjust" prices within the next days

I don't even talk about the Lion !  The winners in this run are Celticgold Lion at 1897€, Griffin at 1743€) Coininvest (1868€ and 1715€ respectively). :rolleyes:

You can still get 1 Lion at Goldsilver.be at a "decent" price around 1460 euros, Griffin sold out at 1380€ (I missed the last one:( )  

So if you are interested by these,  it would be better to hurry  up ! 

Im currently saving for the dragon but wont be able to buy till mid june if my budget works out. I luckily have the lion and griffin in 1oz BU. Both ms69.

lets hope dragon isnt too bad by then ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Im currently saving for the dragon but wont be able to buy till mid june if my budget works out. I luckily have the lion and griffin in 1oz BU. Both ms69.

lets hope dragon isnt too bad by then ?

Oh that absolutely sucks on a series you've already got the key coins for :(

I had a good run of bullion gold Britannias going until I missed last year's privy and this year's Oriental. I'm especially gutted about the latter with a mintage of only 5 thousand. But unlike the Brits, the Beasts are a finite set. That must really hurt when the prices rise while you are saving :(

9 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Oh that absolutely sucks on a series you've already got the key coins for :(

I had a good run of bullion gold Britannias going until I missed last year's privy and this year's Oriental. I'm especially gutted about the latter with a mintage of only 5 thousand. But unlike the Brits, the Beasts are a finite set. That must really hurt when the prices rise while you are saving :(

Yeh and this is when it is so tempting to just pull out the credit card. Just need to sit back every so often and remember its just metal :/ 

Were all of those 1oz bullion brits? thats a hefty task every year. 

1 hour ago, JCRJM said:

Yeh and this is when it is so tempting to just pull out the credit card. Just need to sit back every so often and remember its just metal :/ 

Were all of those 1oz bullion brits? thats a hefty task every year. 

A good way to look at it! Metal is nice but we've all got some here, so we're all doing way better long-term than most people elsewhere imo :) 

Yes, ouncers. I started off on those and silver bars, then last year I joined here and suddenly I've spent all my spare cash on a range of about 50 different silver coins I never knew I needed, a Sov addiction, and a Prince Albert :wacko:

Thank you for your information Martlet, I am happy to already got the Lion earlier at the low price and have just bought the Griffin at 1135£ from Bleyer yesterday. (they still have a few Griffin in stock). Anyway, your information can be useful for someone  here in the need to get these coins. 

For information Suissgold seems to have these in stock but they told me not having them last Friday...weird

I really don't know why the 1oz are rising  like that, while the 1/4oz are still  relatively steady and available everywhere.  Maybe we will understand later when the RM will announce the mintages....

Just checked the current prices on the RoyalMintBullion site and the premiums on the early Beasts are interesting so will this trend continue ?

Lion.png.2c10781cdf03184103077c81012050d4.png

Griffin.png.e565a2ce652215ff0010c3ce9b234e32.png

Dragon.png.1c9268766c196d8f40e30b1604bc9129.png

Unicorn.png.65a3d2a7bcb1f51c12d10a55d5db5216.png

Bull.png.c0772de82ce480c18b7c530e95c76498.png

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Hgm has 1oz bull, unicorn and dragon listed at £1054@ but Atkinson’s cheaper with free delivery

HGM are loosing their appeal with their raised premiums.
I used to regularly buy from them when premiums were only 2 or 3% but not any more.
Just ordered a brand new Bull from Atkinsons at £987.41 with SD free and paid using a credit card with no fees ( might even get 0.5% cash back ).

I messaged atkinsons last night asking would they be getting the 1oz dragon back in stock and i got a reply today saying

”thank you for your enquiry on the Queens Beast 1oz Gold Dragon.

Unfortunately this coin is now sold out and unavailable from our suppliers, we will only be stocking this coin as a pre-owned coin in the future.”

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

HGM are loosing their appeal with their raised premiums.
I used to regularly buy from them when premiums were only 2 or 3% but not any more.
Just ordered a brand new Bull from Atkinsons at £987.41 with SD free and paid using a credit card with no fees ( might even get 0.5% cash back ).

They had another cock up with pricing yesterday.  They were £918 and £922.    Bought one each.     Had a call within an hour saying it was a mistake and they would refund or sell to me at cost price. Which was fair enough

• 2 weeks later...

Current RM prices.

1 oz unicorn £1,014.57
1/4 oz unicorn £285.94

1 oz griffin £1,339.99
1/4 oz griffin £310.47
previous 1/4 griffin price £270.00

1 oz dragon £1,193.09
1/4 oz dragon £310.39
previous 1/4 dragon price £270.00

spot price £950.75

griffin 1 oz increase over 1 oz unicorn.
£325.42 or 32.07%

griffin 1 oz premium over spot.
£389.24 or 40.94%

griffin 1/4 increase over 1/4 unicorn.
£24.53 or 8.57%

griffin 1/4 oz premium over spot.
£72.78 or 30.62%

griffin 1/4 increase over price before increase.
£40.47 or 14.98%

dragon 1 oz increase over 1 oz unicorn.
£178.52 or 17.59%

dragon 1 oz premium over spot.
£242.34 or 25.48%

dragon 1/4 increase over 1/4 unicorn.
£24.45 or 8.55%

dragon 1/4 oz premium over spot.
£72.70 or 30.58%

dragon 1/4 increase over price before increase.
£40.47 or 14.95%

• 3 weeks later...

Archived