• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**April 2018** Group order from European Mint

9 minutes ago, kimchi said:

@JCRJM here you are mate, vac-sealed for long-term storage with just a big anti-tarnish strip. Valuable premium Kook privys. Despite the date on the tarnish strip I will just leave this be long-term, and feel as close to 100% confident I can be. If I did this now I would also stick a desiccant pack in there - as before better safe than sorry for me, for the sake of a few pence:

Kook roll.jpg

Looks great mate. I think worth it with those coins. I was considering with my bullion brits but dont think i will bother with them.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Looks great mate. I think worth it with those coins. I was considering with my bullion brits but dont think i will bother with them.

Definitely worth it for these coins! Takes around five minutes to do then store them away and you can rest easy :)

I have bought much more valuable proofs from 15+ years ago that show tarnish from (I think) a reaction within the presentation box (possibly glue-related) and it's a shame. They still carry a premium, but you know I'd like to preserve my investment as much as I can?

I wouldn't necessarily do it with bullion Brits (in fact usually not) but the last lot I got from the European Mint were shiny and looked brand new so I did them too - nothing to lose imvho. Once you have the kit (and assuming you stack regularly) it really does even out as a few pence.

You don't need a vac machine - like I said just look at the difference on Shadowstack's video for the ones that were properly looked after versus the ones that weren't. An anti-tarnish strip and a desiccant pack did the job there!

49 minutes ago, kimchi said:

@JCRJM here you are mate, vac-sealed for long-term storage with just a big anti-tarnish strip. Valuable premium Kook privys. Despite the date on the tarnish strip I will just leave this be long-term, and feel as close to 100% confident I can be. If I did this now I would also stick a desiccant pack in there - as before better safe than sorry for me, for the sake of a few pence:

Kook roll.jpg

i do exactly the same!

3 minutes ago, terakris said:

i do exactly the same!

Then I would buy from you in the future, hoping I am not going to get the 'it's just bullion, tough luck' nonsense like I have from other folks (including some of the largest UK and European bullion dealers...mentioning no names Bullionbypost and Goldsilver)...ahem, cough cough :P

10 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Then I would buy from you in the future, hoping I am not going to get the 'it's just bullion, tough luck' nonsense like I have from other folks (including some of the largest UK and European bullion dealers...mentioning no names Bullionbypost and Goldsilver)...ahem, cough cough :P

Thanks :) Only thing i have found when ive put in the silica gel packs is they can sometimes be a bit "pointy" and poke the bag more than I would like. Not broken seal, but could over time. Most of the time i just use the strips as per your photo. Put them in all my tubes of coins too, random ones thrown around as well as bags of silica everywhere. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, hoping it hardly makes it worse so why not try it.

3 minutes ago, terakris said:

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, hoping it hardly makes it worse so why not try it.

That's why I pointed out Shadowstack's recent Youtube vid...proof positive that it does work (as if many of us here didn't already know it!). Okay, some don't care (or seem to care) but I won't be buying any coins off them in the future!

I put every coin in a capsule and then in zip lock plastic bags.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Clear-Grip-Self-Press-and-Seal-Resealable-Polythene-Zip-Lock-Plastic-Bags/261423259938

I press out the air in the bags by leaving a bit of the corner not pressed down and squeezing the air out, then sealing fully.

The bags work out to be 2.5p per coin and the capsules I use workout to be about 40p per coin.  That is including delivery.

I can always re tube the coins at point of sale, selling individually in capsules or buy those flips at point of sale.

I have also noticed that people sell those empty tubes of eBay.  Super thrifty types could potential sell the empty tubes to offset the cost of capsules.

???

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

Kook roll.jpg

A note on using anti-tarnish, they only do anything if exposed to air from which they absorb pollutants.  So placing them in a sealed pack is a bit redundant.  Put some in the box with your vac-seal packs.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 18:21, Martlet said:

A note on using anti-tarnish, they only do anything if exposed to air from which they absorb pollutants.  So placing them in a sealed pack is a bit redundant.  Put some in the box with your vac-seal packs.

I do that too.

For a couple of pence a coin (when we pay pounds over spot for silver coins) I'm happy not to risk it :)

<edit> Also this was my first try at a roll, so it may very well not be needed like you say. However, there is air inside the bag before you vac-pack, so I do think it's worth it for me (OCD and all that)! Also tubes (Brits, Roos, etc) have spaces at the top of the tube that I'm not 100% confident are fully drawn into a vacuum by the machine (as good as it is). Either way, particulates may remain so it's a no-lose imvho :)

Finally got round to unboxing my order after my holiday. Excellently packed, everything was present and correct and the coins are in great condition. No scratches scuffing or spotting on either of her maj's beasts. The forum bars are lovely too :)

I did film the unboxing as well, so I'll get that uploaded to youtube later and hopefully get some free silver (as long as I haven't missed the boat on that one)

Thanks again @BackyardBullion I'll probably have my order in for the next group order soon!

1 minute ago, Bullionaire said:

Finally got round to unboxing my order after my holiday. Excellently packed, everything was present and correct and the coins are in great condition. No scratches scuffing or spotting on either of her maj's beasts. The forum bars are lovely too :)

I did film the unboxing as well, so I'll get that uploaded to youtube later and hopefully get some free silver (as long as I haven't missed the boat on that one)

Thanks again @BackyardBullion I'll probably have my order in for the next group order soon!

Not too late - just link to me when you are done!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Another free 1/2 oz of silver on the way!

Woop! It was worth the wait. 

I just had my phone balanced on the edge of my sofa arm to record with a file on top of it to stopping it from falling off... 

Also, apologies for the lack of 'me' in the video. I have a face for radio and a voice for newspaper! Nice hands though don't you think ?

12 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Love the video, love the captions, love the music....you get my vote for best video to date.

Need more practice with the scissors though - solution, buy more silver in next group purchase.☺️

Best video to date ?

My feelings are hurt ?

You are not the first to struggle to get into a Mrs BYB wrapped parcel and you won't be the last either, you will just have to keep joining the group orders to get your eye in!

Surely BYB you realised I meant the best video by one who was balancing his phone on the end  of his sofa! After all, he said himself, he has a face for radio and a voice for newspaper. He went to a lot of effort for one who isn't making videos frequently.

Meanwhile, I watch your videos and have learnt so much from your knowledge.☺️

1 minute ago, caloundracats said:

Surely BYB you realised I meant the best video by one who was balancing his phone on the end  of his sofa! After all, he said himself, he has a face for radio and a voice for newspaper. He went to a lot of effort for one who isn't making videos frequently.

Meanwhile, I watch your videos and have learnt so much from your knowledge.☺️

I did indeed, just having some fun ?

I also have a face for radio and despite having made over 470 videos for YouTube in this last two years I actually don't like the sound of my own voice!

4 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Hahaha. Well your voice is now so recognisable by so many of us one day someone will tap you on the shoulder in the supermarket or the like and say hey, you must be Mr BYB?

It is quite amazing - I watched one of my earliest videos today and I hardly recognised my voice because I have developed my style and communication skills a lot over the last 2 years! 

4 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Hahaha. Well your voice is now so recognisable by so many of us one day someone will tap you on the shoulder in the supermarket or the like and say hey, you must be Mr BYB?

Nah, I reckon he gets his shopping delivered and does big unbagging videos of it on a sister youtube channel. "Mammoth 2000 cauliflower order, has anyone ever ordered thus much veg before?!?!?".

Also, I think I should do a rival youtube series to byb called "out of focus fridays", where I get some blurry coins on the screen and you all have to guess what they are...

2 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

rofl.................hahahhah, I love the humour☺️

It surely is only a matter of time before Mrs BYB puts up a 'mammoth meat and two veg' unboxing video :o

:ph34r:

• 1 year later...
On 30/03/2018 at 16:54, BackyardBullion said:

Barely has the dust settled from the INSANE March group order and we are now ready for the next one!

So, welcome to the APRIL 2018 Group Order, this time from https://www.europeanmint.com/

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT and JOINING THIS ORDER.

Also, if you are interested in joining this order please "follow" this thread so as and when I have updates I can more easily share them. 

Disclaimer

Joining this group order is at your own risk. Please make sure you read the following carefully. I (Backyard Bullion) cannot take financial responsibility for lost/damaged items that are part of this order. By joining this group order you agree to this. 

What is the group order all about?

This group order is a way to combine shipping costs for buying silver from Europe. We pay drastically less for our silver because we essentially do not pay VAT. I organise these orders so that people can get cheap silver but also so that I can unbox a large quantity of silver for my YouTube channel. It helps grow my social media, my BYB brand and my reputation within the community.

Last month we used GoldSilver.be - one of the cheapest bullion dealers in Europe and ordered over 1000 as a community!

This month, we are going to be swapping back to https://www.europeanmint.com/ 

This does not mean we will never use GS.be again - it is most likely that we will rotate between the two throughout the year.

The European Mint is based in Estonia. I have personally met the manager and owner and have an established business relationship with them. Unlike Goldsilver.be they are incredible with their customer services and general ethos on supplying bullion. Their products tend to be newer, of a better standard and also handled better. This leads to a better level of service.

I also think it is very good to be able to give other dealers a chance because the only way that GS.be will ever improve is if we act and take our business elsewhere. 

It is important to note the above disclaimer and re-iterate it again. I cannot be held responsible if items are lost/damaged when arriving from the European Mint. However I have the upmost faith in them as an organisation and the fact that I am in direct contact with the owner means that I am able to ring him to ask questions, sort out issues and we have a very good business relationship already. Int he unlikely event something went wrong feel so much more confident working with The European Mint than with GS.be - and as I am the one taking some of the burden and risk organising this order I think that should count for something!

Let's address the ELEPHANT in the room - PRICING!

GS.be are known to be the cheapest in Europe. However - The European Mint has offered some exclusive price match guarantees to members of the forum who join this group order. 

The European Mint has a great ethos. They want to be the next big dealer in Europe. To that end they are always trying to compete. This order is no different. 

EXCLUSIVE PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE

They have offered to price match the following items with GS.be

• Any coins from the Queen's Beast Series (bullion), 10 oz & 2 oz - including the 10 oz dragon & 2 oz bull
  • Oriental Border Britannias
  • Perth Mint Dragon Bars
  • Regular bullion coins, Britannias, Maples, Philharmonicas, kangaroos, koalas, pandas, kookaburras and eagles (2018 versions). Back dated years is on a case by case basis. 
  • The new Royal Mint two dragon coin

Other items will have to be on a case by case basis. Some items cannot be price matched because of the volumes that The European Mint buys them in does not allow any room for movement in price. However for the list of coins above we are able to get the same unit price per coin. 

There is one last thing to mention - The European Mint does not have as wide a selection of coins as GS.be - this is simply down to an economy of scale. As I mentioned earlier in this post we will be going back to GS.be in the future but for this month this is where we are going. 

How will the order work?

The way this works is simple. You will decide what you want by looking at their website https://www.europeanmint.com/ and send me a shopping list of what you want (preferably with hyperlinks to each item!). Now, some of the prices will be different on their website as the price match guarantee is EXCLUSIVE for the silver forum group order. So - once you have sent me a shopping list I will give you a total which is based on the price match to GS.be + any items you want that are not price matched.

***It might be that the 10 oz Dragon is not listed on their site and that some of the 2 oz Queen's beast coins are not in stock. The European Mint will have these items in stock ready for this group order so we can still order them now.

I will send you a screen dump of the basket and total on their website and then I will send you another screen dump from www.transferwise.com showing the conversion and total in £.

You then send this via PayPal F&F or Banks transfer and as soon as I get the funds I will place the order. Your order is then locked in and confirmed, you cannot cancel after this stage. 

When to order and pay Backyard Bullion?

I will only be placing orders on the weekends. I will not be able to place orders mid week unless there are extenuating circumstances. This is simply because I am a busy person and organising and keeping track of these orders is difficult. Feel free to send me your shopping lists during the week but understand that I will not be able to lock it in until the weekend - this is just the way it has to be so be aware that prices may fluctuate in the run up to the weekend. I would rather do it like this than potentially forget or miss recording orders and making mistakes. 

Deadlines & Timelines for this order

The order will close on Sunday 22nd April 2018 @ 8pm UK Time You will need to have got funds to me by then if you would like to order anything. Please note that this order is going to be dependant on certain items being available for shipping, namely the new 10 oz QB dragons. Should there be any delays in this it will mean the group order will be delayed and I will communicate any changes out to people via this thread. 

It is therefore likely that you will not receive your coins before the end of April at the earliest - I am happy to combine shipping with 1 oz Forum bars in May. 

Shipping costs & Share of international postage. 

With our previous Belgian dealer, shipping was free if the order was more than €5,000. There was a reason for this - they used cheaper and less reliable shipping providers. European Mint uses the likes of FedEx/TNT/UPS etc. which will be more expensive but provides a much better quality of service and peace of mind. So there will be a share of shipping for people joining the order.

I have agreed an exclusive 20% off for shipping for this group order so whilst the shipping will be a little more - it won't be that much of an increase for a decent sized order. 

So - even with the discount the shipping will be a little more than people are used to. But, split out between all the orders it will not add up to much.

As I have said before the risk and burden of this group order lies with me - I would prefer to pay a little more for that peace of mind than have my parcel left in a bin or in the neighbours garden. 

So, here are the prices based on the weight of the order. 

Shipping.jpg.01523ed0980e606666d8fa94f4beb4d4.jpg

How do I get my coins from Backyard Bullion?

You will have to pay for onwards postage and packaging from me to you. We will sort out the onwards postage and packaging once the order has been completed. Onwards shipping is at your choice and risk via Royal Mail. It is at this stage that we will sort out the share of international postage (if any applies). 

Here is a quick guide as to what the onwards postage costs will be. 

THE BELOW TABLE IS NOT UP TO DATE WITH THE NEW POSTAGE INCREASES - I will update it when I have some more time!

5abe5420a6d47_GroupOrderOnwardsPostageEstimates.jpg.cb9a03aca36c8f4cfd2e155d8b31d827.jpg

Please note that the maximum that you can send via Royal Mail Special delivery for a decent price is 2kg (about 55 oz). 

If you would like to order more than this please get in touch to discuss shipping options.  

Is it worth it to join?

Yes - buying silver from Europe is the single cheapest way of buying silver. Doing it as part of this group order is cheaper still. Some of their coins may be more expensive (the more collectable type coins) but certainly not by much. 

Another reason to join the more you buy the cheaper it gets for everybody! 

Does Backyard Bullion charge for this service?

I do not charge for you to join this group order. But I do ask for an optional "service charge" in the form of a tip, the suggested amount is £1 per person. I will not be offended or angry if you choose not to pay the "tip" - but bear in mind that proceeds from the tip help feed Mrs BYB a slap up curry as a thank you for helping to package up all of your orders! ;)

The main benefit for me is to be able to unbox a large quantity of silver for my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion which helps grow my channel, brand and reputation. 

What happens in the event of an issue with delivery?

As I said in the disclaimer at the top of this thread, I cannot be held financially responsible for the loss/damage of any items in this group order. The European Mint and their delivery partner company have insurance for their parcels but I have never had to put a claim in and I do not know how likely it might be that something is refunded should it go missing in transit. There is an intrinsic risk in ordering from any international company but I am confident that we will be able to resolve anything that might happen. Please bear this in mind before joining the order. 

Have you got any questions?

If you have any questions or would like any more information then please don't hesitate to ask here or via PM. 

In the meantime - get me your shopping lists!

Backyard Bullion

Hi how do you place an order? 

Hi how do you place an order?

Archived