• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**April 2018** Group order from European Mint

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to it lol. Thanks again BYB! These orders are my primary way of purchasing silver coins and so I really appreciate what you are doing here.

Hey y’all, so glad too see a community going on for group purchases. Looking forward to the next group buy.  Mr. & Mrs Byb what you’re doing is of great service to fellow stackers, blessings and I pray  may you both get to achieve all your dream stacks! :D

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I'm fairly new here, and DEFINITELY not current on UK speak ............ can I give an american "Holy terrible" in this forum?

Because ................ HOOOOOOOOOLY terrible!!!!  :)   I am so jealous of those 10oz dragons  y'all!  :)  

Just now, SummitSteve said:

I'm fairly new here, and DEFINITELY not current on UK speak ............ can I give an american "Holy terrible" in this forum?

Because ................ HOOOOOOOOOLY terrible!!!!  :)   I am so jealous of those 10oz dragons  y'all!  :)  

hahahaha, question answered with the word filter!! 

4 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

18 seconds in, Knife slips, and someone else looses a finger.

Perhaps BYB could make a video telling us why it's a good idea to cut your finger in 2018? :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Seriously !

I was standing behind the door waiting for the post, mine was open without the parcel even hitting the floor.

Repeat after me...

I am Thelonerangershorse and i have a problem...

Once its out there others will help you.:lol:

Stop the press! BYB says silver will NOT appreciate by twenty times! :o

I've got be to be honest, I was surprised that 5 of the 7 most popular purchases were ones with possible problems (milking, history of bad quality, poor QC etc). I recommend anyone who buys such coins take all precautions to preserve their condition. Shadowstack did a recent vid where he compared some Beasts without anti-tarnish strips and dessicant packs to those with, and I couldn't believe the difference - it seems my (overly?) cautious approach is the right one (better safe than sorry). 

Out of interest what was the condition like on the Perth Mint coinbars? The ones I got (a tube) from Goldsilver when they launched were awful - all dinged and marked in the same places.

11 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Stop the press! BYB says silver will NOT appreciate by twenty times! :o

I've got be to be honest, I was surprised that 5 of the 7 most popular purchases were ones with possible problems (milking, history of bad quality, poor QC etc). I recommend anyone who buys such coins take all precautions to preserve their condition. Shadowstack did a recent vid where he compared some Beasts without anti-tarnish strips and dessicant packs to those with, and I couldn't believe the difference - it seems my (overly?) cautious approach is the right one (better safe than sorry). 

Out of interest what was the condition like on the Perth Mint coinbars? The ones I got (a tube) from Goldsilver when they launched were awful - all dinged and marked in the same places.

The milk issue is only a problem if you are relying on premiums to make money. If you are stacking for preservation of wealth and have long term goals I don't think it is a problem.

That said, if you can keep them in good condition for 5 years, cash in the premiums and exchange for more spot price silver you have increased your stack without spending more money.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

20 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

The milk issue is only a problem if you are relying on premiums to make money. If you are stacking for preservation of wealth and have long term goals I don't think it is a problem.

That said, if you can keep them in good condition for 5 years, cash in the premiums and exchange for more spot price silver you have increased your stack without spending more money.

The milking issue is an 'interesting one' because there are so many opinions. I know someone who got an Emu that milked (from Goldsilver) but still made a profit on it.

It's not 'just' milking though - that's why I referred to Shadowstack's recent video about tarnishing of the QBs without anti-tarnish and dessicant packs versus those that have been stored carefully. It's not toning, it's very ugly tarnish (as well as milking) and folk should store their coins as best as they can imo.

When there's a premium to protect I don't see why for a few pence per coin folk don't take every available measure to keep them in the best possible condition!

8 minutes ago, kimchi said:

The milking issue is an 'interesting one' because there are so many opinions. I know someone who got an Emu that milked (from Goldsilver) but still made a profit on it.

It's not 'just' milking though - that's why I referred to Shadowstack's recent video about tarnishing of the QBs without anti-tarnish and dessicant packs versus those that have been stored carefully. It's not toning, it's very ugly tarnish (as well as milking) and folk should store their coins as best as they can imo.

When there's a premium to protect I don't see why for a few pence per coin folk don't take every available measure to keep them in the best possible condition!

Do you know how best to do this in a cost effective way mate? I looked up both there and it says both have a shelf life of about 1 year. So see if you buy a tube of coins you only need to use one of each. Do the rest go out after a year or do they stay ok if kept in original packaging? I know shadow doesnt have this problem because he has hundreds of tubes of coins.

4 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Do you know how best to do this in a cost effective way mate? I looked up both there and it says both have a shelf life of about 1 year. So see if you buy a tube of coins you only need to use one of each. Do the rest go out after a year or do they stay ok if kept in original packaging? I know shadow doesnt have this problem because he has hundreds of tubes of coins.

Desiccant packs can be microwaved to 'refresh' them (oven heating could introduce other very unhelpful contaminants via combustion, even if it's as clean as your microwave should be).

I don't think it's a big price to pay per coin even if you put a new anti-tarnish strip (recommended to change after 6 months) and dessicant pack in once a year, and also keep everything in an airtight environment, works out pence per coin as your stack grows even if it is more than that at the beginning :)

I vac-seal with a tarnish strip and a small dessicant pack, (even that is not expensive per coin), and then I am happy to leave them like that for good, pretty much, safe in the knowledge that when other folks come to sell tarnished and milked QBs etc mine should hopefully be some of the best examples.

Personally I stack for the long-term, so barring a re-pricing of silver (which I do expect) which will likely wipe out any premium on any coin, I'm just happy to know that for the meantime my coins will mostly come out of storage as minty-fresh as the day they went in :)

Shadowstack's video is good imo as he says before he was 50/50 (i.e. undecided) on anti-tarnish and dessicant and now he is 95% on anti-tarnish and 70%+ (iirc) on dessicant. Worth a watch!

@JCRJM here you are mate, vac-sealed for long-term storage with just a big anti-tarnish strip. Valuable premium Kook privys. Despite the date on the tarnish strip I will just leave this be long-term, and feel as close to 100% confident I can be. If I did this now I would also stick a desiccant pack in there - as before better safe than sorry for me, for the sake of a few pence:

Kook roll.jpg

Archived