• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

BackyardBullion

**April 2018** Group order from European Mint

I think you're allowed to stop briefly for a (very) quick bit of lunch mate! :P

Out of interest why did you open all the Mint sealed tubes? I know some will be split orders between folks but surely not all of them?

Cheers! :)

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I think you're allowed to stop briefly for a (very) quick bit of lunch mate! :P

Out of interest why did you open all the Mint sealed tubes? I know some will be split orders between folks but surely not all of them?

Cheers! :)

Need to be sure of the quantities and types of the coins inside them. Not always clear, e.g. 2017 & 2018 Britannias etc.

15 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Need to be sure of the quantities and types of the coins inside them. Not always clear, e.g. 2017 & 2018 Britannias etc.

And for your own protection no doubt that you have checked what you're sending each person - I understand :)

Handy to know for the future many thanks because some coins e.g. Perth Roos, Somali Elephants I prefer to order sealed tubes. GS.be have been naughty on this in the past with me (e.g. opened Perth dragon bar tubes) but good to see European send stuff out Mint-sealed :)

Edited by kimchi

Just now, kimchi said:

And for your own protection no doubt that you have checked what you're sending each person - I understand :)

Handy to know for the future many thanks because some coins e.g. Perth Roos, Somali Elephants I prefer to order sealed tubes. GS.be have been naughty on this in the past (e.g. Perth dragon bars) but good to see European send stuff out Mint - sealed :)

I know what you mean about keeping it mint sealed. But I need to make sure for my own peace of mind that it is correct. 

If it is any consolation I am pretty good at recognising a full tube, so usually all I need to do is open the tube. Those that have ordered full tubes of coins get a tube that has not had the coins removed from the tube. 

Also, I use cotton gloves on all the raw coins I handle. 

Just for peace of mind!

OK - Viewing schedule for this RIDICULOUS unboxing is as follows:

Wednesday 23rd May @ 1pm

The grand unboxing - all 1200 oz in ONE BIG Box! 

Summary: lots of silver comes out of a box...it is bloody fun!

Certainly a video not to miss - first to correctly guess the timestamp on the video where I cut my finger...wins a cookie!

Thursday 24th May @ 1pm

The grand tour begins!

I also play devils advocate and talk about why buying this much silver (all in one go or over a long period of time) might be a bad idea

Complete with plastered finger ;)

Saturday 26th May @ 1pm

The grand tour continues!

I balance the books and talk about why buying silver (certainly for us UK stackers) is a good idea with Brexit looming!

Sunday 27th May @ 1pm

A sea of dragons...I plaster the table with 18x 10 oz dragons, 4x 10 oz griffins and some little two dragon coins!

These are the culprits for the delay's we experienced! 

But they can be forgiven because they are so GORGEOUS!

Video links will appear on this thread as well as the video section of The Silver Forum.

Otherwise feel free go over to YouTube and sub if you have not done so already!

https://youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, BackyardBullion said:

I know what you mean about keeping it mint sealed. But I need to make sure for my own peace of mind that it is correct. 

If it is any consolation I am pretty good at recognising a full tube, so usually all I need to do is open the tube. Those that have ordered full tubes of coins get a tube that has not had the coins removed from the tube. 

Also, I use cotton gloves on all the raw coins I handle. 

Just for peace of mind!

Absolutely understood mate, cheers, no other way to do it on such a big order is there? :)

Good to know full tubes have only been opened and you wear gloves - I'm sure we all expect that kind of precision from you, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

When's curry night? :D

9 minutes ago, kimchi said:

When's curry night? :D

Chinese this time!

Tonight and pictures to follow!

I should take this opportunity to remind you to thank Mrs BYB for all her hard work in helping get this done. Without her I would say that those of you with Silver Forum Usernames starting with the letter M and later would not have gotten your parcels in the post!

Thank her here...she reads these comments secretly :)

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Chinese this time!

I should take this opportunity to remind you to thank Mrs BYB for all her hard work in helping get this done. Without her I would say that those of you with Silver Forum Usernames starting with the letter M and later would not have gotten your parcels in the post!

Thank you Mrs BYB :)

32 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Chinese this time!

Thank you also very much Mrs BYB and enjoy the Chinese both of you :)

Back in the day when folk used such things known as 'telephone directories' I knew a chap who changed his surname by Deed Poll to Aardvark so he would appear first. True story! He was a bit...eccentric, shall we say?...though, so he also changed his first names to Telephone Directory!

Bet Mr Telephone Directory Aardvark is gutted now :P He still owes me fifteen quid over 25 years later, but as Alan Partridge would say 'needless to say, I had the last laugh' B)

Edited by kimchi

55 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

OK - Viewing schedule for this RIDICULOUS unboxing is as follows:

Wednesday 23rd May @ 1pm

The grand unboxing - all 1200 oz in ONE BIG Box! 

Summary: lots of silver comes out of a box...it is bloody fun!

Certainly a video not to miss - first to correctly guess the timestamp on the video where I cut my finger...wins a cookie!

Thursday 24th May @ 1pm

The grand tour begins!

I also play devils advocate and talk about why buying this much silver (all in one go or over a long period of time) might be a bad idea

Complete with plastered finger ;)

Saturday 26th May @ 1pm

The grand tour continues!

I balance the books and talk about why buying silver (certainly for us UK stackers) is a good idea with Brexit looming!

Sunday 27th May @ 1pm

A sea of dragons...I plaster the table with 18x 10 oz dragons, 4x 10 oz griffins and some little two dragon coins!

These are the culprits for the delay's we experienced! 

But they can be forgiven because they are so GORGEOUS!

Video links will appear on this thread as well as the video section of The Silver Forum.

Otherwise feel free go over to YouTube and sub if you have not done so already!

https://youtube.com/backyardbullion

Are we doing nearest time on the cut finger.  

I'm going to guess 1 min 05 seconds.

Thank you Mr & Mrs BYB :)

Edited by RoughDog

Just now, StackerNoob said:

Ill go for 1:37. I like double chocolate chip cookies btw.

Also, excited to get involved in the next order from GS.be! (thats a not so subtle push to open the next order :-p )

Give us a break man! 

Our takeaway has not even arrived yet - any minute now!