• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

I think on this it's fair to defer to the person who has real life experience of making something similar. I'm sure the 1oz forum bars seemed like a really easy idea when at the planning stage

Yes - those figures are estimates of course - but has anyone else poured 200 bars in the last month? ;)

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Hi there everyone.

I hope  someone can help. 

Before I start with sand casting I am wanting to perfect melting and pouring. To do this I am using a little bar mold. I have had some success but I am looking to use different molds and don't want to spend a fortune on new ones. I am hoping someone on here has some old ones, or ones they no longer use or want. I am looking to buy (or borrow some for a couple of months). 

If anyone has any, or knows anyone who does, please get in touch.

Thanks in advance!

On 23/04/2018 at 08:27, BoredGit said:

1524468319720-145104047.jpg

1524468367679490620401.jpg

Well this is my first pour finished off. The first photos were after the pour before anything had been done to it. These are now it's been sanded and polished. I have to thank the master caster that is @BackyardBullion. He helped me a lot with little tips and of course supplying selling me the silver in the first place. I can't thank him enough.

I love the cracks through the cooling lines. 

15252187554201522747434.jpg

Archived