• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi, I'm Robin from Singapore

robinchee

Just joined.  I'm from Singapore.  Been investing in gold since last year,  but getting into it a bit more now.  I invest in gold bars, gold coins, silver bars, silver coins and platinum coins.  I use mainly Bullionstar.com for my purchases.  

For coins I favour the RCM Maple Leaf for their security features, purity, milk spot protection and recognition.  I have mainly Gold Maples in 1 oz and 1/4 oz; Silver Maples in 1 oz; with some small numbers of special coins but with only slightly higher premiums e.g. Maple Elk 99.999, Beasts etc.

I also like the 1 oz RCM gold bars for their security features, as few gold bars have any security features.  Sizes are mainly 1 oz and 100gm.  I used to like 1kg size for the low premiums but now I can actually get 10 x 100gm for lower prices than a 1 x 1kg, so the 100gm make more sense for me to enable buy at correct points and if I really do need to sell, I can do it in small chunks as needed.  The 1 oz bars have a lower premium than the coins and also a good size especially if the prices start to sky rocket.

Platinum I have Maple Platinum but just a small amount.

For fraud detection, I've got Sigma Metalytics PV and PV Pro.  Also ordered the Fisch.  Quite scary with so many fakes going around.

Would love to be able to discuss thoughts on precious metals with all you great folks!

48 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you have got to grips with everything fast. 

Should look at the queens beasts platinum coins they are really nice.

I ordered some queens beast silver .. But the platinum version not available for sale here.  Only coins that are tax exempt are sold here and sometimes have to wait for approval.  E.g. the Canadian 99.999 series all had approved, but this years 2018 version still waiting for approval.  But definitely if there is a queens beast platinum I would get some.  Thanks for pointing out.

Archived