• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

BackyardBullion

2018 1oz Hallmarked Silver Forum Investment Bars - Preorder & Reservations OPEN NOW!

9 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

You use a chemical called Liver of Sulphur which oxidises the silver to turn it black. 

You can then use polish to clean the raised areas leaving the indented detail to stand out nicely. Here is the difference between two pirate rounds. 

011.2.thumb.JPG.2047be7d476fbd43716ab4e3e34bb205.JPG013.2.thumb.JPG.10cca28ba46040e0a79a317897af8cba.JPG

The effect works really well on lettering and text on bars

36.1.thumb.JPG.f17ed107b44c64a26e1be364e2fde286.JPG 

A bit of a long shot, if you haven't already, could you do a video on using Liver of Sulphur please? It would interesting to see.

3 minutes ago, BoredGit said:

A bit of a long shot, if you haven't already, could you do a video on using Liver of Sulphur please? It would interesting to see.

One day 😉

3 minutes ago, terakris said:

Brilliant... thanks for making my 4 the best of the bunch ;)

My pleasure - glad yo like them!

Just to give you all a quick update.

For those of you who ordered bars and did NOT order from the April group order your bars have been shipped!

Hopefully this means that some of you will have your bars today or tomorrow!

Guys - Please say a massive THANK YOU to Mrs BYB who helped me package up 50 individual parcels with all your bars - she has some serious organisational skills, but it still took us about 6 hours on Monday to get it done!

The rest of you will have to wait for the group order :mellow:

And if you have not ordered any bars yet - there are about 45 left - let me know here or by PM if you would like some!

54 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

The rest of you will have to wait for the group order :mellow:

:(

Ah, that sucks but is absolutely understandable. We appreciate that the silver pouring and group orders are both labours of love.

Edited by PansPurse
Clarifying sentiment

4 hours ago, Bullionaire said:

Brilliant video, haha. Glad they like my name as well ;)

Slightly disappointed to learn we're just buying 1oz iron bars though byb. You've been rumbled there :P

To be honest, I think if @BackyardBullion is smelting iron then that's probably more impressive! And if he is I want to place an order for a broadsword or two :):rolleyes:

Just a quick update...

ALL of the 2018 1oz Forum bars have been sold!

The last remaining bar up for grabs is bar number 200

1691480862_BarNo_200.thumb.JPG.695d373bcafb1bbc66934d32cdaec049.JPG

This little bar will be raffled off for charity later in the year. 

Thank you all for the support of both my hand poured silver and The Silver Forum. It is amazing what this community can achieve!

Nice one on the quick sell out and thank you for the work that yourself and Mrs BYB have put into them I will definitely keep my eyes open for the raffle 👍👏