• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLDSILVER.BE TERRIBLE !

Janeey

2 hours ago, zittergie said:

Doesn't make sense for silver bullion coins because VAT in Belgium is 6%

The system works in Germany that German customs charge an historic rate of VAT on silver coins imported. This is 7%. If the dealer claims that VAT back they would have to charge 19% VAT if they sold again. So they do not reclaim the VAT and sell the coins second hand VAT paid.

Are you saying the rate of VAT on imported silver coins into Belgium from outside the EU is 6%?

The actual rate of VAT in Belgium on silver is 21%. Does the same loophole exist where an historically but still existing rate of VAT for silver coins is being used?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure (legal tender) silver coins are subject to 0% VAT in Belgium, only generic rounds (like the privateer) or bars are taxed 21%

If I look at my previous invoices from goldsilver.be, this seems to be the case

15 minutes ago, pho said:

I'm pretty sure (legal tender) silver coins are subject to 0% VAT in Belgium, only generic rounds (like the privateer) or bars are taxed 21%

If I look at my previous invoices from goldsilver.be, this seems to be the case

It is a difficult matter.  When it is a coin that can be used to pay (this is not the same as legal tender) then it is 0%, however a lot of commemorative coins have a legal tender but are not recognized as valid legal money to pay, and then it should be 6%.  I can say that I did indeed get a full refund of the VAT being charged.  Bars, round and other silver things (excluding antiquities) are 21%

• 3 weeks later...

I found this not the case. I bought a coin from gs.be. I found the customer service to very good no fuss straight to the point. I received a box with out the contents they checked the weight along the journey and sourced me A replacement (not a easy task only 3718 made). Very good no problems will buy from them again. 

I recently placed a modest order ( because of Platinum coins ) with GS.be and used Transferwise to send payment which arrived next day.
GS.be acknowledged receipt of payment and shipped later that day using Belgian Post.
Three days later my parcel arrived and everything was perfect.
Saved a small fortune buying from GS.be so very happy and will continue to use.

I still don't think some people get the point of this post when people are writing quote: 

16 minutes ago, stevesilver said:

This is not the case

Fair enough if you had a good experience with them but the post is about how terrible they are some times with their customer service. This could be said with any company but much more apparent with gs.be. Just because your service was good doesn't mean overall that this "is not the case". 

Just now, stevesilver said:

The company went above and beyond for me. I feel that a couple of people receiving poor customer should not right them off. 

I feel that a couple of people receiving good customer service from them shouldn't make out like the people receiving bad customer service are lying. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Just about to email them, any advice how I should go about it to avoid any unwanted abuse 

Just be factual and non accusatory.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

6 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Just about to email them, any advice how I should go about it to avoid any unwanted abuse 

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Just be factual and non accusatory.

And, may the precious metal Gods be with you on your brave quest

When my the contents of my package went missing m. I just email them with some photos of the box and a message to tell them the situation. They messaged me back and looked at the weight of the package at each point and found it stolen at the airport uk side. I filled out a form and received a replacement (10 oz mouse 3718 made) of a rare coin. 

There English isn’t that great but if you keep to the facts and be nice I am sure they will be helpful. They are straight to the point no fluff. I prefer this to asking about the weather patter ect.

The first package was a box with red tape the bottom was open and redone with clear tape. 

The replacement had the same box red tape then a black bin liner over the box and two strong black straps. 

I would upload A photo but the boxes have my address on them lol 

7 hours ago, stevesilver said:

When my the contents of my package went missing m. I just email them with some photos of the box and a message to tell them the situation. They messaged me back and looked at the weight of the package at each point and found it stolen at the airport uk side. I filled out a form and received a replacement (10 oz mouse 3718 made) of a rare coin. 

There English isn’t that great but if you keep to the facts and be nice I am sure they will be helpful. They are straight to the point no fluff. I prefer this to asking about the weather patter ect.

Yeah, agree, all jokes aside, they will sort out problems and requests. It's frivolous ones which give them the major hump. That is, frivolous in their view, not yours. "grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference". That's what i say whenever i make an order :D

I remember you mentioning the 10oz mouse before and being impressed they sourced another for you instead of just refunding. No mean feat arranging another 10oz mouse in quick order. Meant to ask - how is it by the way? Mint condition, no issues?

They have always been good for me if only a bit slow at times.  If asking a question I wright it in very plain English then give them plenty of time to answer. I am always polite, remember most orders go in at the same times the parts of the month when the price dips!  I always make sure one payment has gone through before making another order even if that means missing out, there will always be another month. 

@swAgger absolutely my man. Its not so different in the UK, its just not so obvious. A person buying a luxury car gets treated differently than someone buying a second hand. Your 1000 pound order may mean a lot to you and you may think that demands respect and whatever demands you have, but to GSbe, that is probably less than 10 quid profit. I bet there is a direct correlation between customer service and raising prices lol. 

My 2 cents, they are french and seem to push your words worth to the limit. I like it because it challenges me as a person and confirms my bias about french speaking people :D.

I have a case going on where my bank withdrew the amount twice on two orders and I hope that GS will redirect that amount to another third waiting order. Hopefully they won't discard me as customer that brings to much trouble. The prices and storage option are just to good.

18 minutes ago, Ritvaser said:

My 2 cents, they are french and seem to push your words worth to the limit. I like it because it challenges me as a person and confirms my bias about french speaking people :D.

I have a case going on where my bank withdrew the amount twice on two orders and I hope that GS will redirect that amount to another third waiting order. Hopefully they won't discard me as customer that brings to much trouble. The prices and storage option are just to good.

Belgians... :P

Archived