• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLDSILVER.BE TERRIBLE !

Janeey

ok dokes.. Now I know it was a PM however since you use the literally "have a go" thus I feel the need to defend myself..

A Copy and paste for the forum members..

Now, I have had a think, these are my conclusions...

What I have done for you......

1)spoken to you a length to prevent you making mistakes with Pandas.

2) Spoken to you at length to advise you that despite point 1 you have made a mistake and I have helped you reclaim £150

3) Offered you a superb book which will cost me £8 to post, wrap and my time,to enable you not to make mistakes in the future.

What you have done in return...

Not took a blind bit of notice and tried to screw me down for a fiver!!!!

My conclusion..

Some people you just cannot help.

Good luck with the collection, however the book is now not for sale and my knowledge earned over years is now no longer freely given.

...All for a fiver!!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shinus73 said:

‘I had a UK guy who was selling me a coin book, I cheekily asked if I could pay £5 less than asking price’

In my view, if you know the question your asking is cheeky, you should be prepared for any response,

Over £5? I expected a no - not 'I am not going to be your friend anymore'

"tried to screw me down for a fiver!!!!" - seriously? 

I even responded back to your message and apologised - which you decided not to respond to.

-----

I do appreciate your time for helping me and imparting your valuable knowledge. Please do not think for a second it is not greatly appreciated. 

In regards to the book, all you had to say was no, I will not accept £10, £15 is the price. I was only asking cheekily as I am on a budget as well. I was happy to pay £15 but was waiting for you to say yay or nay, not come back with the response you did. 

I am sure you know as I do, everybody on the forum is always looking for a cheaper deal on gold or silver so even with a book, it's no difference.

For future reference, Hermes do delivery up to 1KG for £2.79 and 2KG for £3.99.

Thank you for all your time and effort, I really do appreciate it.

Sincere apologies, I genuinely didn't mean to cause offence. I even referred to you as the panda expert to the seller of the fake panda 2000.

-----

Thank you so much for taking the time to advise of the postage, I realise now that I could of afforded to wrap up the book, gone to the Post office and sold the book for £1.01, assuming I had accepted your kind offer.

I would like to humbly apologise in front of all the forum members.

My friend, it was never about the money, dont you see it, life is not about squeezing every last bit out of those who are willing to help you.

I promise this is the last I will post on this, I wont defend myself even if flamed by the members.

As I say good luck with your collection.

5 minutes ago, DavePanda said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to advise of the postage, I realise now that I could of afforded to wrap up the book, gone to the Post office and sold the book for £1.01, assuming I had accepted your kind offer.

I would like to humbly apologise in front of all the forum members.

My friend, it was never about the money, dont you see it, life is not about squeezing every last bit out of those who are willing to help you.

I promise this is the last I will post on this, I wont defend myself even if flamed by the members.

As I say good luck with your collection.

Like in my email, I apologised as well and did appreciate your help. I totally do understand it's not about the money, guess that's the negative of the internet as I am sure in person, I would have asked you the same thing and straight away you would have said no, and I would have just paid the £15. I am just of the mindset 'if you never ask, you never get', although on this occasion there seemed to be an unfortunate ending.

As mentioned before, thanks for your help, it was thoroughly appreciated.

8 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I’d rather pay more for excellent service. Pays your money, takes your choice! I’ve never had to change from STG as they’ve always been spot on for me. Maybe their selection of silver or price isn’t the best but speed, service and packaging is all 10/10!!! 

agree about STG used them a number of times ,one order for 30 x1 oz coins  arrived 5 coins short package looked fine spoke to STG they checked their end ,apparently all orders are under video surveillance and although it showed the order was packed correctly they still as a show of good faith sent me another 5 coins free postage now thats good customer service:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 18:21, Janeey said:

Well I’ve I have just suffered the worst experience ever of buying from a dealer. Someone recommended GOLDSILVER.BE I believe they are based in Belgium .

I ordered a 1oz gold coin and a 1oz silver coin. 

The total came to £1018 they emailed me an invoice straight away for 1155€ when I went to pay the price wasn’t £1018 it was £1037 and we are talking a few mins . I double checked the price on their site it was still £1018 so I emailed to query the price . 

Wow I have never had so much abuse ? a girl named Eva told me not to order from them again amongst other things.

I sent one back saying they had been recommended and explained their £ rate seemed wrong . I told them thier customer service was dreadful speaking to me like that and I wouldn’t use them again. 

I also sent pictures to back up what I was trying to say re the £ price .

I got another back saying “we don’t care” I have the emails and screen shots I will try to upload they may be in the wrong order but you can see what happened .

I am in shock and very upset , I never had any company treat me like this ?

FD4A4773-CB62-47C0-90B4-AF1425461AC9.png

BD53F91C-DD12-446F-B126-F45D833BC062.png

BE218939-D935-4078-9C93-B7C22C06ADCF.png

BFF8CEFE-B8C0-49E8-9923-E8B9C125365B.png

D8F3EE31-F569-4AFB-8058-755414989BC7.png

112546E0-00F6-4AC9-9174-86661215913C.png

Never used them and wont ever if thats how they are, I couldnt care less if they were the cheapest or the last silver seller in the world, bunch of arrogant tossers, and as for them whining on about how little profit they make, well thats their choice no one elses.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

On the plus side, 10 out of 10 for honesty.

I'm so glad I didn't place an order with that disgraceful company and went with Europeanmint instead.

Just by browsing their site I knew something wasn't quite right. Looks like it was made by a 10 year old kid.

I just did an order, mainly because they had both Rwanda nautical coins on stock. Other good dealers don't have them (not the 2017 one at least). Their range of coins is the biggest. That combined with the low prices makes me buy there.

I haven't had to deal with customers service, but when there are no issues (twice in my case) the payment, processing and shipment is really fast. Packaging is also really good.

• 3 weeks later...

So I asked for my 6 orders I had on hold to be sent to me on the 1st June.

By the 9th of June having not received anything I emailed them to ask about it as I could see it had been in BPOST for a few days.

Christine replied and said they would contact the delivery company today (11th June )

On the 13th June having heard nothing I emailed Christine again for an update.

She replied that she had contacted the company and they had started a special track of the parcel which could last several days.

On the 21st of June I was starting to fret a bit as I had heard nothing. I toned up the email a bit with my concerns that it was 8 days since my last email and still nothing.

To be fair Christine's responses were always polite and she told me that GSBE would be responsible and I would either get my coins or a full refund. She also said it could take 3 weeks for the special track -  something I reminded her she hadn't mentioned before.

She sent me a non receipt declaration which I filled in and sent back then I had to provide  photo copy id of my driving license...……...not  sure why.

This I couldn't send until Tuesday just gone as I went away on holiday on the 27th.

As it stands today im still waiting to hear back since sending that.

Im a little bit concerned mostly because ive had to do all the chasing and never received an update email unsolicited.

As I said Christine has been very nice and understanding but seeing some of the stuff you guys have had to deal with I don't want to rock the boat too much.

Its only worth 1100 euros but a lot to me obviously.

Not sure what to do now - its been 5 weeks.

26 minutes ago, Mark43 said:

So I asked for my 6 orders I had on hold to be sent to me on the 1st June.

By the 9th of June having not received anything I emailed them to ask about it as I could see it had been in BPOST for a few days.

Christine replied and said they would contact the delivery company today (11th June )

On the 13th June having heard nothing I emailed Christine again for an update.

She replied that she had contacted the company and they had started a special track of the parcel which could last several days.

On the 21st of June I was starting to fret a bit as I had heard nothing. I toned up the email a bit with my concerns that it was 8 days since my last email and still nothing.

To be fair Christine's responses were always polite and she told me that GSBE would be responsible and I would either get my coins or a full refund. She also said it could take 3 weeks for the special track -  something I reminded her she hadn't mentioned before.

She sent me a non receipt declaration which I filled in and sent back then I had to provide  photo copy id of my driving license...……...not  sure why.

This I couldn't send until Tuesday just gone as I went away on holiday on the 27th.

As it stands today im still waiting to hear back since sending that.

Im a little bit concerned mostly because ive had to do all the chasing and never received an update email unsolicited.

As I said Christine has been very nice and understanding but seeing some of the stuff you guys have had to deal with I don't want to rock the boat too much.

Its only worth 1100 euros but a lot to me obviously.

Not sure what to do now - its been 5 weeks.

Yeh 1100 euros is a lot alltogether mate. I think your doing it the right way just keep on with polite emails and hopefully you get a good outcome.

That's bloody rediculus mate. Check their t&c's and let them know you are starting the legal process to clawback your loss. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt but doubt I will ever order from them again. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived