• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLDSILVER.BE TERRIBLE !

Janeey

I have noticed that if you pay in sterling you get thoroughly reamed on the exchange rate by the European dealers. Better to conduct business in Euro and do your own exchange with currency fair or transferwise or some such. Those emails are something else though. Other dealers don't send emails like that unless you are trying really hard.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Why did you not buy gold in the UK 

I have bought some gold from Europe before. Primarily it is for the "premium" gold where it worked out either the same or cheaper than buying from Atkinson's or HGM.

There was a point about 6 months ago where it was actually cheaper to buy an oz of gold (Including delivery!) from GS.be - but you have to deal with the risk of ordering from them.

It was literally a difference of about £1 though!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

This  thread reminds me of the article but in precious metal form ... 

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/feb/24/rudest-restaurant-london-wong-kei

People went to this restaurant because the abuse was legendary. Similarly I will continue to use Goldsilver.be as I love a challenge.

....... having said that it looks like the restaurant had to eventually change their ways although a lot of this type of Chinese restaurant still exist. Eva legend?

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Personally I think you should ignore all £ costs for European dealers. They probably use outdated and/or a wordpress app to do the conversion.

Just note the price in € and hop over to transferwise and plug in the numbers.

Yes indeed, the best way by far is to pay in the native currency and work out your sterling price on TransferWise, I think. I made a purchase from a Polish dealer this week for a Polish gold coin that I couldn't find anywhere else. They gave me the option to pay in € or $ but I just paid in Złoty via TW. So easy and quick, another great thing I learnt on TSF. 

I actually do have a € bank account in Spain as I have a property there . I only use it for bills going out and send money to it via transfer wise . I was going to pay via transfer wise when noticed the difference in price compared to the checkout price in £ in there site. It was way out and felt I needed to query it. It’s her response that’s just totally out of order . That put me off sending them a penny and I won’t be ever . Horrible people . If she was in the U.K. I would have been at her door ! 

Goldsilver.be is the soup nazi of precious metals dealers :D

I must admit I secretly kind of admire their “I don’t care” attitude. I sometimes wish I had the luxury to tell my customers to f@&# off if they say or do something I don’t care for!

Having said that, I feel obliged to give them some positive feedback here too: I ordered from them numerous times and never had any problems (even had friendly conversations with them!)

Gold is rarely cheaper outside the UK. I have only bought gold when it is a special coin otherwise i quickly discovered UK dealers offer a better price.

i never go by the GBP price. These products are priced in EUR.

So

1 Always get gold in the UK.

2 Join the group purchase on the forum for silver unless you are ordering a decent amount for yourself when the postage may work out cheaper to do a solo order.

3 The EUR price is the only price you can go by.

4 GS.be are often nasty. i still buy from them when they are cheaper.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I sell cars for a living , believe me I have some awful customers who deserve little respect at times and feel like speaking to them like that but would never do it. How you can run a business like that I have no idea . I would rather pay I tiny bit more and deal with a decent person 

14 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

The one time i've bought from them, they more than likely broke EU laws by declaring it as medical supplies and it was dumped inside my back door with no signature :lol:

Thats Yodel for you.  I note from tracking they use bpost, the Beligum national postal service who appear to partner with Yodel in UK, while with other national post services elsewhere.  Odd.  

1 hour ago, pho said:

Goldsilver.be is the soup nazi of precious metals dealers :D

I must admit I secretly kind of admire their “I don’t care” attitude. I sometimes wish I had the luxury to tell my customers to f@&# off if they say or do something I don’t care for!

Having said that, I feel obliged to give them some positive feedback here too: I ordered from them numerous times and never had any problems (even had friendly conversations with them!)

:lol: very good. But "no more soup for you!"

Yes, i have had several good dealings so far, as well. Even had some ok emails back when i had queries. I'm under no illusions though, and i choose to buy anyway. Until i have, or if i have, my own Siegfried & Roy moment some day, maybe. Until then, i will as @pho says, approach the counter correctly, state my order clearly, place the correct money on the counter, shuffle along, and wait to take my soup!

I reported back in August last year (

)

that I had a shocking experience with GS. In that occasion some seasoned members labelled me a whinger and a troublemaker. Some premium members on here are business partners with GS.Be and will always be on their side (the so called "White Knights").

Now to be fair the OP was very naive in making an order in GBP. It is rule no1 that you make an order in Euro if you deal with EU dealers. However their attitude is not surprising, considering what they wrote to me:

to: "GOLDSILVER.BE" <info@goldsilver.be>
date: 10 August 2017 at 08:15
subject: Order XXXXXXX

Dear Sir /Madam,

order XXXXXXX shows as "processing". Could you please give a timeline?

Could you also provide an explanation for the delays my orders have incurred this year? Last year there was no such problem.

I've made so far 5 orders with yourselves for the total of €9322. I feel you are not really communicating properly and I'm quite disappointed

====================================================================================

to: SAVOYARD
date: 10 August 2017 at 08:49
subject: Re: Order XXXXXXX

Dear customer,

All orders are shipped within 5 days after payment is received.

https://goldsilver.be/en/content/1-livraison

Payment for this order was received on August 8 at 19:05 [SAVOYARD'S NOTE: in reality the payment was received the day before but marked as received the day later after me phoning them. END OF NOTE] Today is August 10. I guess the warehouse has plenty of work otherwise the parcel would have been mailed yet. As we do our best to send out as quickly as we can.

Your preceding order was done on July 7. Payment was received in 2 payments which lead to some confusion at our account department as far as I understand and was therefore marked as payment received on July 18 and shipped out on that very day !

An average order on our site this year is 4 755€22

Today we received 4 orders above 50k.

For a 1 oz silver wiener philharmoniker our sell price is 16.78€:

https://goldsilver.be/en/home/30-wiener-philharmoniker-1-oz-silver-2017.html

our buy price is 15.81:

https://goldsilver.be/en/49-we-buy

That's a 0.97 euros difference.

For your last order that will thus be 0.97€ x 40 coins = 38.8 euros

The company has taxes , charges and people to pay, and when all this is done, our gouvernment taxes our profits not far from 50%.

Your last order will thus generate a profit of approximatively 6 euros. Terrible isn't it ?

Some people don't need communication; we have a customer who bought for over 800k euros over last 6 months and never send us an email nor did we.  Just the usual automatic emails.
It is not especially easy to guess who needs plenty of emails and who not.

I hope these explanations help but I will be happy to give you even more information to prevent you from being disappointed.

Best regards,
Paul

Nl:Aarzel niet ons te contacteren voor verdere inlichtingen. Deze elektronische boodschap en haar bijlagen zijn uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n) en strikt vertrouwelijk. Gelieve deze niet te openbaren.
Fr: N'hésitez surtout à pas à nous recontacter pour d'autres renseignements.  Les informations contenues dans ce courrier électronique sont confidentielles et strictement réservées à l'usage de leur destinataire légitime. Merci de ne pas les divulguer.
En: Don't hesitate to contact us for further information. Information contained in this email is strictly privileged to the sole use of the authorized recipient.

goldsilver.be

A domain of
ELECTRUM LT SPRL
VAT : BE0599920551
Avenue Lavoisier
SQUARE LAVOISIER 18
1300       Wavre
BELGIUM
Tel: +32 486 86 45 16
IBAN : BE61 7320 3738 0417
Bic : CREGBEBB
info@goldsilver.be

==============================================================================================================

to: "GOLDSILVER.BE" <INFO@goldsilver.be>
date: 10 August 2017 at 09:13

Paul, 

Thank you for your quick and detailed reply with a breakdown of all information. If only I had received this information in time, I wouldn't be where I am now, that is moaning and complaining.

I'm extremely sorry that I bought only 10k in goods from yourselves and I generate such a tiny profit.

Once I receive the next shipment  safe and sound, I promise I won't be such an annoyance to you and I'll purchase from somewhere else.

My most sincere regards.

=========================================================================================================

to: SAVOYARD
date: 10 August 2017 at 18:32

Dear customer,

Apparently my colleague, Paul, was a bit nerveous yesterday night.
I know he had to solve some issue with a dishonnest customer yesterday afternoon and exploded in the evening for what I can read. Sorry for this.

Your parcel will be mailed today or on Monday.

Best regards,
Eva
Customer service

I'm looking forward to Goldsilver.be or one of their White Knights to sue me or troll me.

https://data.be/nl/bedrijf/Electrum-Lt-BVBA-0599920551

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/www_goldsilver_be?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Haven’t read all posts but is this the same as eBay do?    Looks more attractive until you go to pay

also bought from coin invest a few months ago and was cheaper to pay them in £ rather than through transferwise.        Think transferwise wanted £13 or so

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Haven’t read all posts but is this the same as eBay do?    Looks more attractive until you go to pay

Not quite, it looks like currency conversion error.  They show a £ rate that is too generous, so when you convert to € and compare with XE rates the price changes, by about 1% which is £10 on £1k of course.  The response to complaining about that raises hackles, being told dont come back. 

11 hours ago, Janeey said:

I sell cars for a living , believe me I have some awful customers who deserve little respect at times and feel like speaking to them like that but would never do it. How you can run a business like that I have no idea . I would rather pay I tiny bit more and deal with a decent person 

Well as Eva said don't come back. You will pay a bit more and deal with a 'decent person'.

i have dealt with GS.be and they have been helpful and decent. i have got the best price available in the EU for the product. On another day i have questioned them about an aspect of the service - i have been spending a lot of money at the time - it was 1000's of ounces of silver as i remember. They were immediately very defensive. The questions were very reasonable in view of the large amount of silver involved. It was David replied to me on this occasion. Everything worked out fine in the end but i remember the reaction.

i have dealt with a number of German/Estonian dealers - they have all been as nice as pie. Take a look at https://gold.de - you will find good prices, often better prices on there.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Didn't realise this company was so bad. It's allways best to keep the customer happy no matter how much they spend its no excuse how busy or how much they spend. I would not be happy if that was me 

6 hours ago, savoyard said:

I reported back in August last year (

)

that I had a shocking experience with GS. In that occasion some seasoned members labelled me a whinger and a troublemaker. Some premium members on here are business partners with GS.Be and will always be on their side (the so called "White Knights").

Now to be fair the OP was very naive in making an order in GBP. It is rule no1 that you make an order in Euro if you deal with EU dealers. However their attitude is not surprising, considering what they wrote to me:

I'm looking forward to Goldsilver.be or one of their White Knights to sue me or troll me.

https://data.be/nl/bedrijf/Electrum-Lt-BVBA-0599920551

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/www_goldsilver_be?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I love a bit of Sarcasm - us Brits are quality at it!

On a serious note - shocking customer service

6 hours ago, savoyard said:

I'm extremely sorry that I bought only 10k in goods from yourselves and I generate such a tiny profit.

Once I receive the next shipment  safe and sound, I promise I won't be such an annoyance to you and I'll purchase from somewhere else.

Nice. :) Hard to beat some good sarcasm. Sadly, i feel it would have gone straight over their heads

Archived